Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

de curry GOAT posted:

Mourinho can actually coach Mambo. this can work I guarantee it

will never happen op absurd take

Mourinho's track record is an unblemished rear end in a top hat of the Year 10 years running. He's a snake oil salesman who gets run out of each town he sets up in. I'M WITH YOU! WE NEED MOURIHNO AND WE NEED HIM NOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

You have fundamentally misunderstood the objectives and goals of US Soccer

USMMNTNMT don’t wanna win trophies????

Mr. Mambold posted:

WE NEED MOURIHNO AND WE NEED HIM NOW!

:hai:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
US soccer bureaucrats don’t get poo poo for trophies, they would rather have more money for hookers and blow

Hope “Rope-a-Dope” Solo for president

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

de curry GOAT posted:

USMMNTNMT don’t wanna win trophies??

no, the USSF just wants to make piles of money and if they can do it without winning anything that's just fine by them

its the same for the FMF but yeah winning is not a priority

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mr. Mambold posted:

Mourinho's track record is an unblemished rear end in a top hat of the Year 10 years running. He's a snake oil salesman who gets run out of each town he sets up in. I'M WITH YOU! WE NEED MOURIHNO AND WE NEED HIM NOW!

Same lol

Missed the game how did the players that will matter in 3 years look

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Pulisic looked good as usual
McKennie was poor and seemed more interested in starting fights than winning

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

no, the USSF just wants to make piles of money and if they can do it without winning anything that's just fine by them

its the same for the FMF but yeah winning is not a priority

Lol like all FAs in the Caribbean

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
What a great day for the US, they won a world cup

It's the only thing that happened!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I’m gonna stand by my take that Jozy should have been told to play as a target forward instead of doing whatever the duck he was doing. The subs were terrible, with no discernible tactical change. The loss is heavily on the manager though the players were also pretty fuckin bad.

Mexico was not much better.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Just happy my boy raul got an assist to beat the bad american team.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

I’m gonna stand by my take that Jozy should have been told to play as a target forward instead of doing whatever the duck he was doing. The subs were terrible, with no discernible tactical change. The loss is heavily on the manager though the players were also pretty fuckin bad.

Mexico was not much better.

:usmnt: should say "fuckin bad" like :krad: someone do the needful

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Had a great time at the game. Was expecting a 70/30 split in Mexico to US fans but the reality was more like 95/5.

US had good positioning for much of the match and I think they’ll vastly improve once they mature as a team and get more minutes with one another. Young squad (I think) and I’m guessing this was the first exposure to this type of atmosphere for many of them.

Jozy’s bicycle kick attempt looked more impressive from the opposite end of the stadium but it’s pretty funny watching it on the tv replay.

Tortilla Maker fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jul 8, 2019

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
The more I think about the game, the more I believe USA had clearer chances to score. Two of them shoul've been goals (Jozy's at the start of the game and the blocked header). Although after that header, the american team offensive totally disappeared, probably a wake-up call for Mexico.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The more I think about this game, the more I see the loss as being totally on Berhalter. Mexico swapped Pizarro's side at half to go against the slower Ream and help overload center mid and the US never adjusted. Like, you're going to leave Bradley out there to win 2 on 1s? Dude can't even win 1 on 1s these days.

Most baffling was, it *sounds* like Roldan was subbed on with instructions to change to a 4-5-1, which would have helped stop the bleeding at midfield...but then Zardes came on a minute later and they went back to a 4-4-2? None of this poo poo made any sense, no wonder they lost track of Dos Santos.

Anyway if you're going to play Bradley (please don't) then get him some loving help thanks for listening and yeah I'd like that animal style with a large lemonade

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I mean, even though I rail on Bradley for catching a terminal case of the MLS Wasteman disease. if you're Berhalter who else you gonna call up? Cannouse? loving Will Trapp, Darlington Nagbe?

Like, Adams got hurt and even if he was fit he's probably better at fullback, I think honestly Bradley is probably still in or around my starting 11, god knows loving Will Trapp isn't getting minutes unless there is gun to my head.

EDIT: Berhalter sucks and is bad but I think Bradley's inclusion says more about the lack of quality in the US pool at center midfield than it does about Berhalter being dumb. Kinda like how Mexico doesn't have a single good striker

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 9, 2019

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I mean, even though I rail on Bradley for catching a terminal case of the MLS Wasteman disease. if you're Berhalter who else you gonna call up? Cannouse? loving Will Trapp, Darlington Nagbe?

Like, Adams got hurt, it happens, honestly Bradley is probably the best other choice.

You aren't wrong unfortunately.

Bradley could have been a very good footballer if he had stayed in Europe and tried to earn his place in teams competing for Champions League spots instead of taking the cash at 26 and playing on fake grass in Canada.

He's the antithesis of the new generation of American players who are trying to go to Europe and make names for themselves like Christian Pulisic, Tyler Adams, Josh Sargent, Weston McKennie, etc.

Edit: Berhalter isn't the guy for the US to take them forward but the US is in a very interesting transitional phase where the guys who are 18-24 aren't playing in MLS but aren't necessarily playing 90 minutes ever week at their club team in Europe. The guys playing in Europe are training at a much higher level than any of the MLS players and they're training every day with players who are leagues better than any MLS player. The issue is that you need matches to be sharp. Training at a high level isn't the same as playing matches.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 9, 2019

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Just call up Jonathan Gonzal-

I worry that the lesson the administration will take from this is that it was actually good to focus on “experience” over trying out the new blood. They nearly won after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Just call up Jonathan Gonzal-

I worry that the lesson the administration will take from this is that it was actually good to focus on “experience” over trying out the new blood. They nearly won after all

lol