Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
CBS confirming All-Stars by leaking a face mask is the most 2020 thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Including Paul on that list makes it cursed.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He's not the only one, but if you're doing All Stars I suppose you have to include Paul. Let him complete the full Russell.

I can't figure out how to use that link. But thinking "All Stars" and not "Second Chances", ie people like Kemi and David who I think deserve a second chance.

Men
1. Tyler
2. Ian
3. Josh
4. Paul
5. Victor
6. James
7. Jessie
8. Derrick
9. Dan
10. Andy (ugh)

Women
1. Rachel
2. Britney
3. Vanessa
4. Elissa
5. Nicole (BB15/18)
6. Nicole (BB21)
7. Kaycee
8. Kaitlyn
9. Shelby (Over The Top)
10. Helen or Christmas

Its CBS though so Jeff will be in it.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

STAC Goat posted:

He's not the only one, but if you're doing All Stars I suppose you have to include Paul. Let him complete the full Russell.

I can't figure out how to use that link. But thinking "All Stars" and not "Second Chances", ie people like Kemi and David who I think deserve a second chance.

Men
1. Tyler
2. Ian
3. Josh
4. Paul
5. Victor
6. James
7. Jessie
8. Derrick
9. Dan
10. Andy (ugh)

Women
1. Rachel
2. Britney
3. Vanessa
4. Elissa
5. Nicole (BB15/18)
6. Nicole (BB21)
7. Kaycee
8. Kaitlyn
9. Shelby (Over The Top)
10. Helen or Christmas

Its CBS though so Jeff will be in it.

This is a v. good list with the exception of Paul and Christmas.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, there’s dream list, and reality list involving all the single people who don’t mind going into the house in the current pandemic. I don’t know how many family people would be willing to go in for 70ish days.

I also hopefully think there will be more than the usual amount of minority HG presence this season, >4+?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
That’s a pretty good list! I’d like to find a way to work Danielle Reyes in but I think she’s said she has no interest in playing again.

Of course I should probably brace for a more realistic scenario like:

Men:
1. Jason Roy
2. Paul
3. Jeff Schroeder
4. Paul again
5. Frankie Grande
6. Matt McDonald from BB9
7. Paul a third time
8. Cody Nickson

Women:
1. Maggie
2. Ivette
3. Kryssie
4. Rockstar
5. Jessica Graf
6-8. Random women who said racist stuff on the show

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, its hard to put together a diverse list of "All Stars" from a predominantly white pool of candidates that tends to eliminate minorities early.

Yeah, there's a bunch of people on that list I don't expect to play. Like besides the fact that Vanessa seems like she's the kind of person who tries something and moves on I was doing random BB reading a couple of weeks ago and discovered that her and her wife just collectively gave birth to THREE children. But still, if you ask me to put together an All Star list she's one of the first names so like the rest is casting's problem. Its impossible for us to play "Dream Cast" and also "Who would feel personally uncomfortable playing again and in this place and time."

But its July 21st so if they're doing a season this summer I'm thinking its gotta be a short one. Especially if its All Stars.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 21, 2020

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah I’m all for shooting for the moon with dream casting like that.

I just wanted to cobble together the most disappointing cast I could think of in five minutes so that when reality lands somewhere in the middle it’s less disappointing.

As long as Mr Pectacular and Queen Rachel are back the rest is just details to me.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Boogie just got arrested for threatening to kill Dr. Will and his family, so he deserves a spot on your Low Expectations Cast.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

STAC Goat posted:

Boogie just got arrested for threatening to kill Dr. Will and his family, so he deserves a spot on your Low Expectations Cast.

Yikes. That’s uh... not cool.

He’s long been a scumbag, but that’s a new level.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I read it in passing a few weeks ago and the details are a little fuzzy, but I think the gist is that CBS wanted Chilltown for that recent season of Amazing Race that had BB and Survivor teams. Will turned it down and Boogie got REAL mad. Eventually it got so bad that he was like sending Will photos of him pointing a gun at pictures of his kids and poo poo so Will filed a restraining order and Boogie got arrested.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 21, 2020

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

According to Evel Dick, Daniele Donato stopped answering his texts about a week ago and Enzo Palumbo hasn't returned his calls, which Dick claims is very unlike him. Strange choices if they make it in (Although Enzo is good tv), but then again CBS's options might be limited based on who wants to risk the travel and putting themselves under quarantine for that long without the guarantee of getting to play. I'm not spoiler tagging those names because it's from just once source and he hasn't heard that they're in, just that their abrupt lack of contact with him weeks before Big Brother's expected start date looks fishy. Additionally it looks like one person that's in the final mix is Paulie Calafiore, who from people I've talked to who are involved in that world, say has grown a lot over the last few years and worked a lot of his issues and bigoted beliefs out. Obviously time will tell and we'll only see the truth after he's in the BB Pressure Cooker, but if that's true, maybe he won't be total garbage to watch this time around.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jul 22, 2020

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

TMZ with some names: https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/22/big-brother-season-22-contestants-arrive-los-angeles-quarantine-covid-testing/

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Don't love the idea of more Paulie, unless we can get a similar implosion to his previous one w/the pie thing.

Janelle looks so ridiculous with all of that plastic surgery and photoshop, yikes. She's great tv but drat girl just age like a normal person it's okay.

Don't hate that list all together though, Josh is okay I guess - hopefully he'll still be good when he doesn't have a poo poo antagonist like Paul. I'm excited about Hayden and Ian though!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, the only person I'm excited for on there is Hayden.

There are a lot of pairs and trios in there with previous same season history. Hopefully we'll get some shakeups in play, and not people sticking together. Wish there were more solos honestly.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Teek posted:

Yeah, the only person I'm excited for on there is Hayden.

Same. That list looks awful.

I really don’t want to endure Janelle and Danielle Donato all season. Probably the two most overrated players in BB history.

Maybe they’ll do some sort of America’s Player deal where Dr Will and Evel Dick get to tell them what to do. I guess that’d mean Brendon would end up in the house with Rachel as his puppetmistress since she’s the brains of the operation.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Bringing in Paulie after the shitshow that was the previous season seems like a bad idea.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He also spent years on the MTV circuit of reality shows and did gross and toxic poo poo there. gently caress that piece of poo poo. That’s not making me feel better about watching.

BB spoilers and rumors tend to be pretty unreliable though. We’ve always got five names for every one returnee.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 22, 2020

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Paulie has gotten WORSE since he left BB. He's absolute scum on The Challenge.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For fun I checked out my BB Twitter list for the first time in almost a year.

https://twitter.com/rbbq/status/1285960233584668674
https://twitter.com/_riq14/status/1285875244817940484
https://twitter.com/gallymeroreboot/status/1286028497828413440
https://twitter.com/Adoomies2/status/1286010100847607809
https://twitter.com/Tooms_BB/status/1286009259587538944

I repeat. The BB fanbase is insane and casting rumors are VERY hit and miss.
https://twitter.com/bigbroaccess/status/1286007809742704642

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

JOHN CENA posted:

Additionally it looks like one person that's in the final mix is Paulie Calafiore, who from people I've talked to who are involved in that world, say has grown a lot over the last few years and worked a lot of his issues and bigoted beliefs out. Obviously time will tell and we'll only see the truth after he's in the BB Pressure Cooker, but if that's true, maybe he won't be total garbage to watch this time around.

I have to laugh. Have you seen The Challenge? (don't, btw). He's genuinely insane and volatile.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’m so excited for Christmas to be on.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Pillowpants posted:

I’m so excited for Christmas to be on.

Yeah, very glad to see her get a chance to play a normal game without the injury.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas showed me enough socially and strategically that I'm curious what she'd do as 100% physical strength.

Plus she's kind of insane.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah Christmas is a really good choice. I’m totally on board with that one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'll actually be really surprised if they bring Paulie back. It wasn't just that Paulie was a misogynistic piece of poo poo or a bully or a total quitter and crybaby the second things went bad. He flat out refused to cooperate and do his punishments. They spent nights yelling at him and convincing the other HGs to talk him into growing up and doing what he was contractually obligated to do and what he was gleeful about others doing. I guess if someone's out there saying "he's matured" maybe they mean that stuff but I'd be surprised if CBS wanted to invite back someone like that.

But I'd also be really surprised if they bring him back after last year's fiasco and the current country climate. It really just seems like you're asking for trouble. Like other HGs are probably Trumpers and closet bigots or whatever but they've all shown the capability to hide that poo poo and play along. Live feeds on Paulie with folks like Josh, Christmas, Janelle, Danielle, Day, etc? That just seems stupid.

Then again I guess that's the point of reality tv. But they're asking for another very special finale.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If he's matured and grown up then good on him but I don't really care to see him take up a slot with that kind of baggage when it could go to someone like David from last year, who got completely hosed and is the biggest "what if" of that season. Also yeah, after last year it's crazy to think they'd bring in Paulie.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
https://twitter.com/bigbrothernet/status/1286301334724055041?s=20

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

https://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/news/1009910/big-brother-all-stars-edition-premieres-wednesday-aug-5/?ftag=EOS-05-10aci3f

Guess I'll finally create a new thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

On to season 22:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3933725