Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pipebomb
May 12, 2001

Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?
It must be so boring.
Hi. I won 500,000 Delta QF100 SkyBonus miles in a raffle. Essentially, the prize is shown as '2 First Class tickets to anywhere in the continental US/Canada' but the actual breakdown for how they can be used is below.

- SkyBonus Certificate - US/CA - Main Cabin: 90,000 miles
- SkyBonus Certificate - US/CA - Main Cabin - Enhanced Availability: 210,000 miles
- SkyBonus Certificate - US/CA - Delta Comfort+: 175,000 miles
- SkyBonus Certificate - US/CA - First Class (excludes transcontinental flights): 250,000 miles

So I can make individual trips with those being the minimum miles used for each until I run out of miles. But I don't travel that much to use them myself (not on personal business).

But frankly what I'd like to do is somehow sell them for a few grand each to someone who has an advanced plan - for instance some tech bro flying from the East Coast to SFO next June for an Apple conference. Someone who would have to pay $4-5k per ticket as time gets closer. Or someone who wants to plan well in advance for a holiday trip that would be expensive af otherwise.

My understanding is that I simply have to give my benefactor the names and travel info for the ticket holders, they then book them through their corporate account, and Delta sends the buyer the tickets. The buyers are then able to make changes for around $200 per ticket if they need to do so (plus taxes or whatever).

Any ideas where to start on this? How much should I ask for them? Am I explaining it right?

https://skybonus.delta.com/content/skybonus/corporate/us/en/about/rewards-chart.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Any tech bro is going to have their company expense that. It also says excluding transcons so I dunno how your scenario is playing out in your head.

I would be careful, usually any sort of selling miles is against T&C of the airline and they'll cancel the tickets and/or revoke them. So posting in public places like this can be dangerous if a delta employee feels like loving you over.

American had people trolling Craigslist for a while, feigning interest to get whatever information they needed to pinpoint who it was and cancel their AAdvantage account.

So yeah, buyer beware, would hate to show up to airport and have ticket cancelled with no recourse, etc etc.