Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A PG-era cuck angle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Correct me if I’m wrong but hasn’t there been some backstage pitches for a few lesbian angles recently? I may have that wrong but I thought they were trying to do this with some of the women talent and maybe this is the one they finally settled on?

I know there's been some mentions in here of one being hinted at between... uh... the two women who used to hang out with Paige. I'm drawing a complete blank. Absolution? That doesn't sound right...

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

STAC Goat posted:

I know there's been some mentions in here of one being hinted at between... uh... the two women who used to hang out with Paige. I'm drawing a complete blank. Absolution? That doesn't sound right...

Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose. I feel like this angle will be handled with the utmost of delicacy, as the WWE is known for.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

That’s the one I’m thinking of. Yes. Mandy and Sonya.

I thought I heard of an Alicia Fox one but maybe that’s way back.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Hey Jerusalem please update the thread OP to reflect Mike Kanellis as the inaugural Cuck Champion, the latest title belt in WWE to go amongst the 234 others.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Money, money, yeah yeah! I actually like the Profits but man... excited to see Cryme Tyme 2.0 from the mind of Vincent Kennedy. It will be good poo poo!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!
Give Mike and Maria Kurt Angle's old theme, so fans can shout 'YOU CUCK" at the appropriate points in the music

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
when i told my friend about the cucking storyline he thought it was going to be seth being cucked by vince and I am now awaiting this reality.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I tuned in for Ricochet vs AJ and you have two of the greatest performers of a generation and their match was interrupted for a commercial and then the announcing was so bad I turned it off.

And you just know the Good Brothers are going to fall for the "don't worry we'll push you" scheme as the Kanellis are involved in a cucking angle while the ink is still wet and arggggh

Dr.Smasher posted:

Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose. I feel like this angle will be handled with the utmost of delicacy, as the WWE is known for.
At least those have chemistry (as friends) and are cool on Mandy's donut show. The angle will suck but... I don't know. Bleh. I like Sonya, she should be on screen more.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Give Mike and Maria Kurt Angle's old theme, so fans can shout 'YOU CUCK" at the appropriate points in the music

Holy poo poo. Mike might actually get over with that

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

That’s the one I’m thinking of. Yes. Mandy and Sonya.

I thought I heard of an Alicia Fox one but maybe that’s way back.

Please.

Alicia Fox was "crazy" not "lesbian". And we know that the writers cannot write more than one defining characteristics for any of the female wrestlers.

And on that, this might be a huge stretch, but does anybody think that having Alicia be "crazy", to the point of it being called out on commentary even whilst AJ was still employed was some sort of rib on AJ having BiPolar disorder?

Or am I just projecting malice on to what is most likely incompetence?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Hawkins and Ryder came out during a commercial break to say despite hardly being on TV and never getting a rematch for titles that they weren't going to complain about it on twitter. Then they tried to get the crowd to chant Gratitude.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

what's peter north doing on raw

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

lmao that was bonkers but not in a fun way

cutting away from Undertaker's exit to do a whole backstage segment and then cutting back to him still walking was loving hilarious

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

Will never get it but Leva's run ins/entrances at Wrestlecircus can be the biggest thing on the show.

Same. I've seen her there plenty of times but it all wears thin once you see her wrestle once or twice. Then it just becomes a chore to sit through.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Tonight, Raw managed to hold my interest for the entire broadcast for the first time in probably over a year so I'm ok with this strange direction they're heading in. Especially with a reformed Club behind it.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

If you don't want to gently caress my wife, I've got two words for ya!!

CUCK IT

*crowd goes wild*

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Havoc904 posted:

Hawkins and Ryder came out during a commercial break to say despite hardly being on TV and never getting a rematch for titles that they weren't going to complain about it on twitter. Then they tried to get the crowd to chant Gratitude.

This kind of reminds me of when they were building to Rock/Cena by having Cena say he was there every day and that was why Rock was bad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
the cuck joke isn't funny

but I might be stifling a chuckle or two

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 35 days!

Tato posted:

If you don't want to gently caress my wife, I've got two words for ya!!

CUCK IT

*crowd goes wild*

CAN YOU DIG IT

CUCKAAAAAAAA

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Raw was good. I fully admit that I skipped over the first two falls in Miz/Elias, all of that Roman/Shane/Taker segment until Taker started talking, and Viking Raiders/New Day's first half when I realized that it was going to be turned into a 6 man after the commercial break. Man are some of these breaks long... I think I skipped ahead 8 minutes from Becky challenging Mike/Maria to Maria's entrance music hitting. Thank god for DVRs.

This rule about no wrestling during the commercials is really loving stupid. Like am I supposed to take and of these two out of three fall matches seriously when the first two pinfalls happen within a minute of the match starting? No, now I'm just skipping ahead until after the commercial break. These are wasted segments that could be highlighting other talent

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

raw was good if you ignore roughly half the actual content, all of the writing, and 90% of the production decisions and pacing

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I only watched the last ten minutes of raw but AJ vs Ricochet was cool and the club reunion was alright. I’m curious what route they’re gonna take it. It will probably be bad but hey at least it was kind of interesting tonight.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

GrimGypsy posted:

raw was good if you ignore roughly half the actual content, all of the writing, and 90% of the production decisions and pacing

Yeah... I'm the type of person that watches those MLB quick game videos that just show you every hit and out in 10 minutes rather than 3 hours. I'm a monster

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

If it worked for Brazzers, it'll work for the WWE Universe!

WWE late to the party once again, now is actually the time to finally bust out that incest angle Vince always wanted to do

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gallows and Anderson turned down an extension so I suspect the end game is to end with them jobbing out to put the kibosh on any New Japan or AEW plans for them which won't work cause it'll be super transparent

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
You know, Smackdown did this too recently with Rusev and Lana and the whole English tease. And also again before this with Ziggler and Summer Rae.

But it never feels soap-opera-y, it always feels.... I dunno. More... specific? What I'm saying is, Vince is obsessed with the idea of loving other people's wives.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

The perfect reason to hire Eric Bischoff.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So watching raw all the way through for the first time in years was something I would say. It’s fun to watch because I like to cyberbully what I see on tv. That is horrible but que sera sera

Ok, now I’m gonna be serious. I’m in a weird place with WWE really. To me, and I admit I could be way off base here, but the appeal to WWE is the payday with less workload for majority of the talent.

I can see why guys like Jinder and Mike/Maria signed their contracts. It’s that guaranteed payday. These guys are all shells of themselves now and they’re doing what soccer stars in Europe like to do when they’re ready to slow down or simply done busting rear end: go to WWE, capitalize on the name you already made and get paid.

I think I watch Raw because it’s nostalgic and reminds me of when I was younger and loved wrestling. The larger than life personalities and craziness that ensued was awesome. I also see a ton of names here that I followed elsewhere and I want them to do well because they were awesome THEN but honestly, not as awesome now. It’s hard to disconnect that. It’s like watching Dirk Nowitzki in his 40s. Hell, it’s like watching the drat Undertaker in his 50s. But he will always be a draw because “hey remember that time he kicked rear end?” You don’t forget that poo poo.

Sure, WWE has some homegrown talent but I would arbitrarily throw out that 90% already made their name elsewhere, are in their 30s and have nothing much left to prove (unless you’re really hungry for it still).

If these guys go to other promotions, they can’t coast. They’re gonna have to bust rear end, maybe for the same amount of pay and maybe less, depending on the situation. I see the Dream scenarios of a Nakamura leaving or Finn leaving, but I ask myself, “Would they want to go even harder than they do to help another promotion be big time?” I doubt it and that would probably just make me sad as a huge fan of the talent.

I think a lot of this hit home for me recently when I saw the post here of the age of the talent on Raw and just about everybody was well into their 30s and beyond. I can see why they’re in WWE, the waiting room of wrestling.

This post is already long enough for me, but I wanted to get it out there. I’m probably dead wrong, but I’m also excited about other promotions where I feel like the passion is there. Hell, I still remain somewhat excited for some talent in the WWE, especially the young or still energized talent. I blame a lot on upper management here but I also realize that hell, if I was on the tail end of my career in a tough job where I took hits and got beaten down physically every day, I would coast on in too, probably bitch about some things but just take that money at the expense that the fans are never gonna truly leave.

It’s great to see that wrestling is at least healthy with new competition, and some of the current competition still bringing it (except RoH. It’s bad).

Hitting the Post button fuckkkkm

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

So we're just not even bothering to make a new thread this week or doing one after Smacky or whatever. huh. :thunk:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

You do it right now.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Molestationary Store posted:

So we're just not even bothering to make a new thread this week or doing one after Smacky or whatever. huh. :thunk:

The one who usually does it isn't online, the rest don't care enough to put in the effort. The product gets what it gives out on that front though

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Cavauro posted:

You do it right now.
But I didn't eve watch most of the show!

Chris James 2 posted:

The one who usually does it isn't online, the rest don't care enough to put in the effort. The product gets what it gives out on that front though
Fair enough.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

please take care of me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
For gently caress sake Vince stop taking talent from NXT when you've got literally dozens of dudes on the main roster who can't get on TV what the gently caress are you doing

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Havoc904 posted:

Jeez. How many cuck angles are they doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

New thread