Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I love all three of the original Spyro the Dragon trilogy, and Crash 2 was a very good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
there are people who'll defend any dogshit 90s 3D platformer but I've never heard a single good thing said about Earthworm Jim 3D

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

there are people who'll defend any dogshit 90s 3D platformer but I've never heard a single good thing said about Earthworm Jim 3D

it is the absolute worst game i’ve ever played, which is an achievement in its own right

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lets play earthworm jim 3d and blasto starring phil hartman and see which is worse

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I used to like spyro and then I finally got to play Mario 3d and realized it was just the only one on playstation that wasnt a complete turd, unless you count ratchet and clank as a platformer maybe

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Jumping flash 1 and 2 and robbit mon deau are cool but they arent really normal 3d platformers since theyre first person

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
The first two Spyro games are a lot of fun, they're like the most gentle platformers ever. Very low-pressure, comfy gaming. I'm also partial to Crash Bandicoot Warped, but it's a B+ in the most generous terms.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sjLY_Dat7A&t=20s

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

It has a really good soundtrack. I dug the texture work for the most part. I kinda liked the Disco Zombies in concept. I can sometimes eke out a smidgen of fun from it.

IDK I grew up with the piece of crap after being a huge fan of the first two games and being very hyped for it for half a decade, and to say it didn't live up to the hype was an understatement. Was super excited to see the Windows version on store shelves, after thinking it was cancelled and made N64-only, bought it immediately, wound up upgrading a Pentium 133MHz to a Pentium 4 to actually play it at more than like 10FPS (no, I don't know either how we skipped over Pentium 2 and 3 entirely and didn't upgrade until mid-2000)... but it was just really not good. (Except the soundtrack. I really dig the soundtrack. Kind of wasted on that game.)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
If Ecco counts for this thread it's pretty cool

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

goferchan posted:

If Ecco counts for this thread it's pretty cool

There are no platforms underwater IIRC. Any physics goons want to chime in?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is Sly Cooper any good.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Is Sly Cooper any good.

I call it Shite Pooper.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

WEll, is anyone calling it anything else.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Motherfucking SKUNNY

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
Oh yeah and almost all of the mainline Ratchet and Clank games are really fun, but the platforming in those is so de-emphasized that I really wouldn't call them platformers

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Does Abe's Odyssey count

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

mysterious loyall X posted:

Lets play earthworm jim 3d and blasto starring phil hartman and see which is worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJgnLMVbfLg&t=201s

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

JK Fresco posted:

Does Abe's Odyssey count

sure

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I mentioned on Twitter that it was the first game I played as a child that I realised was genuinely bad and not just something weird that I didn't quite understand, and the lead developer showed up out of nowhere and apologised for it having ever been made.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

also hat in time is good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I mentioned on Twitter that it was the first game I played as a child that I realised was genuinely bad and not just something weird that I didn't quite understand, and the lead developer showed up out of nowhere and apologised for it having ever been made.

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lmao

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Ecco the dolphin is a metriodvania

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Lol

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

SpaceAceJase posted:

Motherfucking SKUNNY

also skunny kart

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

woh

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
I liked Rayman Legends 2-player mode

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Spyro good crash good klonoa good really though ape escape is the poo poo especially the 2,ND one where you get an RC car disguised as flan

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what is the dynamite headdy verdict. i played it once when i was four and it hosed me up for life

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

what is the dynamite headdy verdict. i played it once when i was four and it hosed me up for life

ive heard of the name but nothing else about it. so i doubt it was particularly good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

dynamite headdy is good like most of treasures megadrive games. it had a weird bump in difficulty outside of japan iirc you get no continues to start with but 2 in the jp version, and the bosses have more hp and harder patterns. i guess thats not as big a deal nowadays when most ppl will probably play it on emulation or virtual console. its pretty colorful and impressive looking and has the goofy multisprite-giant-sprites from other treasure and konami genesis games. its cool