Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I finally hit a roo in my dinky little Jazz today. It was a small fucker and I don’t know if it’s ok or not bc it immediately hosed off leaving the front bumper plate hanging off so I’m going to have to buy a new car now bc I’m the weird proud kind of poor that would rather go into debt than drive a car held together by plastic zip ties. Picture for main dent (the crack was already there)

Is the actual bumper deformed or just the fascia? Either way I cant imagine the cars chassis was damaged, but if its just the fascia that's a v cheap and easy fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I finally hit a roo in my dinky little Jazz today. It was a small fucker and I don’t know if it’s ok or not bc it immediately hosed off leaving the front bumper plate hanging off so I’m going to have to buy a new car now bc I’m the weird proud kind of poor that would rather go into debt than drive a car held together by plastic zip ties. Picture for main dent (the crack was already there)

Have you tried a heat gun? Looks like it'd just pop back out given enough convincing. Don't use a plunger!

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I have a 2009 mazda3 and I hate it. I want to buy a Ford Transit because its useful and cheaper than a truck.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Have you tried a heat gun? Looks like it'd just pop back out given enough convincing. Don't use a plunger!

The fascia is also cracked, I wouldn't try to pop that one back out, it may propagate the crack further. $100-$150 to replace, provided you do it yourself, and it's a pretty easy job imo

naem
May 29, 2011

https://imgur.com/gallery/nlSNicU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

The lights are a crime but appreciate the period-correct interior and going with beefy rubber rather that giant wheels with lil' strips of tire. The last picture in your linked gallery is the best look imho.

lmao @ International for not undercoating their trucks in anything besides a think layer of zinc.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I drove one of those for seven years. It's fine, but ignore their recommendation of 7500 mile oil changes and do them around 5000.

I traded it off for an old subaru baja, because gently caress you, that's why.

Actually the kia still had the exwifes' name on the title and the engine needed work, so I bought the car I had when I met my exwife, that she hated, a subaru baja. Same year, same paint, manual trans, only lacking the turbo package. Missed the car more than I miss her.

When I lived in suburban Milwaukee I saw those things everywhere, usually driven by fat middle aged housewives who have nothing better to do than bitch at retail managers between dropping the kids off at soccer practice and going to the liquor store for a bota box or four.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Infidel Castro posted:

When I lived in suburban Milwaukee I saw those things everywhere, usually driven by fat middle aged housewives who have nothing better to do than bitch at retail managers between dropping the kids off at soccer practice and going to the liquor store for a bota box or four.

Yeah, not surprised by that at all. I'm in Colorado, it's not uncommon to wind up on state highways in coincidental Subaru convoys. There are at least three more Bajas in town that I see semi-regularly. Pretty good considering they only made 33k of them, worldwide.

Parts specific to the Baja are loving scarce though, and it's only going to get worse. Gonna have to Frankenstein it to keep it alive after another decade or so.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

The fascia is also cracked, I wouldn't try to pop that one back out, it may propagate the crack further. $100-$150 to replace, provided you do it yourself, and it's a pretty easy job imo

yeah that crack you can see that had tape over it was already there but made worse and seems like trying to actually beat the paneling back out is gonna cause more issues. I've been putting off transferring ownership of it for a while from a family member so it needs a roadworthy and if the local dude wants to sign off on it, cool, if he won't do it as is I'm probably just going to invest that money in a bigger car bc hitting a roo even a small one really shook me badly

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Would

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

cool jeep

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

:iceburn:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol holy gently caress

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/4sZuN0xXWLc

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Ah it's probably because he wanted a car that lasted like his previous ride and not a POS. Your car was cheap because it is undesirable (GTI w/ DSG instead of manual) whereas Fits sell gangbusters so there is no need to work with the price.

The 17 sport model dsg gti is great actually. Certainly entitled to your opinion though!

You are wrong about Fit sales in the USA at least (which it appears he is from). Fit sales are way down, same as many smaller cars. You don’t seem to understand what you’re talking about in regards to the market where he bought his Fit. If you plan on being hyperbolic and rude at least get your facts right.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

nice, I like it

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Taima posted:

The 17 sport model dsg gti is great actually. Certainly entitled to your opinion though!

You are wrong about Fit sales in the USA at least (which it appears he is from). Fit sales are way down, same as many smaller cars. You don’t seem to understand what you’re talking about in regards to the market where he bought his Fit. If you plan on being hyperbolic and rude at least get your facts right.

Certainly you cannot argue it will be as reliable in the long term as a Fit. Yours was sitting unsold, at a discount so I think you've addressed that. As for being rude or hyperbolic you spoke on how OP got ripped despite these cars traditionally being sold "pure price" or at the very least very competitively. I urge you to go to your local Toyota or Honda dealer and try your hand at haggling and see if you fare as well as your VW experience.
You are right that Fit sales are down, yet they are still selling 4K a month which is nothing to balk at. While they are slightly larger; the Civic, Camry, and Sentra currently among the best selling cars in the USA so I don't think your argument against the small car holds water either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Certainly you cannot argue it will be as reliable in the long term as a Fit. Yours was sitting unsold, at a discount so I think you've addressed that. As for being rude or hyperbolic you spoke on how OP got ripped despite these cars traditionally being sold "pure price" or at the very least very competitively. I urge you to go to your local Toyota or Honda dealer and try your hand at haggling and see if you fare as well as your VW experience.
You are right that Fit sales are down, yet they are still selling 4K a month which is nothing to balk at. While they are slightly larger; the Civic, Camry, and Sentra currently among the best selling cars in the USA so I don't think your argument against the small car holds water either.

I'm sorry maybe this is because I work in marketing and have to deal with the reality of people like you regularly, but are you aware that Fit sales are approaching half of the previous YoY value?

Give me a loving break. The fact that you even believe that Fit is "holding their own" at half it's yearly value is such a perversion of how companies and numbers work that I'm going to let you down easy and just say to have a nice weekend and forget about this thread.