Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Mr. Steak posted:

show me deadchat already! i wanna see people freaking out over the ridiculousness of my entire game

I don't know that anyone was freaking out - but we were all super entertained and rooting for you after you successfully pointed the town to scum and then managed to live through a couple of kills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
How many kills did I stop over this game?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Steak is MVP because I hadn't even considered him 3P until late, wanted him dead so much that we telegraphed some kills. Toal should've been the main target the whole time~

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Steak is MVP because I hadn't even considered him 3P until late, wanted him dead so much that we telegraphed some kills. Toal should've been the main target the whole time~

To be honest, this means I majorly hosed up my plan, which was to be wrong enough that scum stops trying to kill me as soon as possible, but right enough to avoid ever being lynched. I mean, it ended up working in the end, but despite the abundance of super wrong results and KNOWING YOU DONT HAVE A FRAMER i somehow had the town half of the plan working too well, and scum were targeting me way longer than I wanted.

e: I was even wondering if scum started killing people I "checked" as town to help confirm my claim because me getting lynched wouldn't benefit you...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I can understand the frustration with me not coming to the correct conclusions based on things that really happened Dbd, but it seems that sometimes being able to identify weird interactions is still useful even if you don't know exactly what they mean. It's a frustrating position to be in as scum, but well done for hanging in there until the end. I was legit worried about being in Mylo or Lolo or whatever.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

DM me on discord if you don’t want your confessional open for whatever reason. Otherwise I’m opening them all up in like 10 minutes

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Sorry I haven’t been posting because I’m 3p survivor and lol at that in a 27 player game

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Toalpaz posted:

I can understand the frustration with me not coming to the correct conclusions based on things that really happened Dbd, but it seems that sometimes being able to identify weird interactions is still useful even if you don't know exactly what they mean. It's a frustrating position to be in as scum, but well done for hanging in there until the end. I was legit worried about being in Mylo or Lolo or whatever.

For sure, I get it. It was still a loose end so I get why it would ping you, and you were the only one really digging deep into those so that's why your death was so important, but we/I didn't realize it until too late. But yeah, tried my best knowing what I was up against.

I am confused to why it kept saying the kills were successful (in flavor) with nothing going through?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Deadbeat Dad posted:

For sure, I get it. It was still a loose end so I get why it would ping you, and you were the only one really digging deep into those so that's why your death was so important, but we/I didn't realize it until too late. But yeah, tried my best knowing what I was up against.

I am confused to why it kept saying the kills were successful (in flavor) with nothing going through?

Successful is just for when the target is reachable (not hidden or jailed) and you aren't role blocked. The kill still succeeds if it reaches target and they are protected, the same way as if you hit BP it would still be a 'success' generally.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah as far as i know, "action successful" means no more than "your action was processed at all"

though if you got flavor like "you killed cckeane and his guts splattered everywhere" then thats weirder and slightly misleading. tho you should still always check thread before confirming anything.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

DM me on discord if you don’t want your confessional open for whatever reason. Otherwise I’m opening them all up in like 10 minutes

lol idk why i posted this confessionals were pretty much open already

ok everyone can see everything in discord

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
i contributed basically nothing but didnt gently caress things up doing so :toot:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Yeah, this was definitely my worst game ever. I generally like to joke around during the first few days but took it a little too far in retrospect. However I am pleased that my d1 scum claim made the actual scum team consider the possibility that there were multiple scum teams. That was cool. I went all in on yami being scum and never recovered from there.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't like returning successful actions for that reason. Unless it's something like a cop where they're expecting a result I feel it's best not to mention. A doc should not know if they protected someone from a kill or were blocked or whatever

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm going to rename the "Bif rule" into the"Steak Rule" and that is if Steak is still alive by D3 they are scum or 3p

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is 100% the game that will define my meta for dozens of games to come.

and that means i can expect to get lynched a lot more as town hahaha

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Thanks for running the game Squiggly. Sorry again for getting Keane killed (loose lips sink ships) but he still won in the end and so did I!

I'm sorta glad Taste killed me when I did because this was a game I would have lost through my own biases. Everyone on the scum team was either someone I really enjoy playing with or someone I haven't played with in a long time or both.

I'm still happy that I defended b-minus and prevented him from being voted out, even if he didn't go on to do much. It was a moral victory that I'm glad I fought.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Sad I got killed so early in this one but congrats on Steak for the best survivor game ever. Extremely well deserved win.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
It was really disheartening getting interesting and useful information n1 and then never getting to act on any of it.

Did have a lot of fun from the peanut gallery though, good game everyone especially Toal, and additional mention to Steak for entertaining the entire time.

Thanks again Squiggly and Humalong for doing this!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this game was perfect and yes i have a big ego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i did legit want to win with town once i realized the scum were incompetent on like d6