Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

anybody dumb enough to think our government won't serve up its own citizens on an altar to initiate their idiotic designs is probably about to find out

lets just hope nobody is braindead enough to make it nuclear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

the hoover maneuver ...

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

I'm concerned Israel is going to gin up a terrorist attack on the US and our poo poo rear end "leadership" will just go along with it despite knowing who actually did it

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

500excf type r posted:

The fighter jets shot the engines out with cannons

Ah yep that'll do it for me

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
I got fixated on "the planes didn't have missiles" and forgot jets had cannons, the interview mentioning they didn't have "combat load" numbers feels telling

okay yeah they shot down 93 lmao

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

does MS Flight Sim let you do 9/11

MS announced they were removing the twin towers from FS within days of 9/11. https://edition.cnn.com/2001/TECH/ptech/09/14/microsoft.flight.sim/

quote:

The game introduction shows two people using the software, who say, "John, you just about crashed into the Empire State Building! Hey, that would be cool."

lol

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Pipski posted:

The game introduction shows two people using the software, who say, "John, you just about crashed into the Empire State Building! Hey, that would be cool."

lmfao

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
here's a four+ hour reconstruction of 9/11 in flight simulator, mostly in real time, complete with audio transcripts/recordings and parts from the pov of the fighter jets that responded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C7zodrUkEM

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Mola Yam posted:

here's a four+ hour reconstruction of 9/11 in flight simulator, mostly in real time, complete with audio transcripts/recordings and parts from the pov of the fighter jets that responded:

They used AI to dub the passenger calls (timestamped):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C7zodrUkEM&t=5369s

:psyduck:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

If 9/11 was a big conspiracy theory that everyone in DC was in on, why would they want to shoot down flight 93 then cover it up?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

everyone in Somerset that saw anything were replaced by clones... is what I'm supposed to believe? lol . NO

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Why wasn't the Pentagon jet's flight path possible? Too low to the ground for too long a time?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

my bony fealty posted:

no, it's bullshit, you just clip through any of the towers in manhattan

e; just saw that video upthread, maybe that's done on an older version?

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

my bony fealty posted:

In FS2000 you could. There were no dramatic explosions or anything, the game would just hang on the frame where your aircraft made contact with the buildings.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

If 9/11 was a big conspiracy theory that everyone in DC was in on, why would they want to shoot down flight 93 then cover it up?

sometimes we just do stuff because it's funny

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

You know how people are always talking about doing the "Funniest Thing Ever"...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mdemone posted:

Why wasn't the Pentagon jet's flight path possible? Too low to the ground for too long a time?

it was like a perfect 720 degree corkscrew from altitude down to like street level avoiding buildings by super narrow margins and then straight into the pentagon only feet above the ground

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Beginner's luck

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Real hurthling! posted:

it was like a perfect 720 degree corkscrew from altitude down to like street level avoiding buildings by super narrow margins and then straight into the pentagon only feet above the ground

i could do that

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

if you're going to fake the entire flight, why add in the extra hard loop?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

They needed to pretend it was about more than collapsing the WTC so they needed planes trying to hit targets in DC. It didn’t matter if they succeeded.

Maybe the hit on the Pentagon wasn’t supposed to possible but it was a freak success and they shot down the 4th plane in a panic.

Bar Crow has issued a correction as of 21:47 on Apr 24, 2024

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Trabisnikof posted:

gonna chalk this up to a case of dudes rock

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

the suspected pilots mirrored aviator sunglasses were recovered along with his passport

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Trabisnikof posted:

weren't they trying to find the White House but got lost?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

mdemone posted:

weren't they trying to find the White House but got lost?

they would have been basically headed the right direction if they kept going instead of hitting the pentagon, it's across the river still

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

no no our heroic citizens ensured the plane bound for the White house landed in a pennsylvania field instead of pennsylvania ave that fateful day

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Trabisnikof posted:

to lose altitude. they specifically hit a side of the pentagon hardened against crashes and fuel combustion due to it hosting a helipad nearby.
they had to get down to a height where they were skimming phone poles.

like the whole event makes no sense just crash the plane, dumbass, dont run up the tony hawk combo just to hit a reinforced wall.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the strangest thing about 9/11 is that there is exactly one very grainy video with missing frames showing the pentagon impact

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

the strangest thing about 9/11 is that there is exactly one very grainy video with missing frames showing the pentagon impact

yup! it's right next to an insanely active highway. nobody saw anything huh

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The gas station surveillance tape that showed the impact was confiscated IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

also a shitload of people were on the freeway and presumably saw what happened. I've never seen a single interview with someone talking about that one lol