Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Just Chamber posted:

Fleming was a pretty messed up man when it came to women.

Well so doesn't it follow that some of this shines through in his work?

Okay I am using hyperbole a bit to make my argument but the dude is a womanizer who doesn't care if he uses those women as pawns and if they die as a result. Idk you could say he's like that with everyone and for every woman he hits there's a man he hits/shoots but there's def a certain male fantasy being played to in these movies is all.

Maybe it is a product of the times mostly but, still. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy the films though.

Anyway I want to reiterate that I want more cool evil villain plots. The one with the dude that didn't sleep was meh but at least they went for proper Bond villain stuff.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i watched You Only Live Twice last night

the whole thing owns

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
bro u just necro'd thats kindA cringe

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

This thread lives to die another day (which coincidentally is the worst 007 movie in my opinion)

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

numberoneposter posted:

i watched You Only Live Twice last night

the whole thing owns

I watched Goldeneye last night

Shut up

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

when james bond fights the burly blonde henchman and he finallys gets thrown into the piranha tank i dont think james bond knows there are piranhas in there but says "bon apetite" regardless

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

when james bond fights the burly blonde henchman and he finallys gets thrown into the piranha tank i dont think james bond knows there are piranhas in there but says "bon apetite" regardless

Why would a man in his line of work assume there are not piranhas in the tank? :thunk:

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Next James Bond is going to be a fish. A cod actually. Here's a sneak peek of the theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffYJBepNzzg

Scott Lame
Jan 8, 2014

Eunuch Lovesshopping.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Weasling Weasel posted:

Like, the James Bond is a code name theory makes no sense, when you consider that the character in all the films has the same traits down to having a favourite drink and identical dead Scottish parents, and is always a charming sex obsessed posho with an obsession with tailoring.

the thing is, though, that everything outside that particular set of traits is constantly in flux between actors

like, outside of the classic "James Bond traits," Connery, Moore, Lazenby, Dalton, Brosnan, and Craig have all played pretty different characters, which is (I'm assuming) a lot of where the idea comes from.

if they do ever decide to make the codename theory canonical, I'm assuming they'll have it be that MI6 essentially brainwashes the traits into the new Bond whenever the previous one dies, leaving the rest of their personality intact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the thing is, though, that everything outside that particular set of traits is constantly in flux between actors

like, outside of the classic "James Bond traits," Connery, Moore, Lazenby, Dalton, Brosnan, and Craig have all played pretty different characters, which is (I'm assuming) a lot of where the idea comes from.

if they do ever decide to make the codename theory canonical, I'm assuming they'll have it be that MI6 essentially brainwashes the traits into the new Bond whenever the previous one dies, leaving the rest of their personality intact

I really hope the never do this. I never understood why people couldn't just accept the inconsistencies and move on. Their just fun dumb spy movies. It's like a few years ago when Mad Max Fury road came out and everyone started complaining about all these inconsistencies between all the movies and the director was basically like "who gives a poo poo".