Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

elon musk wants to upload a program into his brain that blurs out all of the black people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
I was just wondering what was going on with Neuralink - there's been relatively little news about it since it was founded.

Hammerite posted:

i'll be a late adopter i think. someone else can have seizures or w/e when the computer crashes, i'll join in when it's mature technology. my brain is broken enough without that poo poo

The early adopters will most likely be disabled people who'd need this stuff to do anything noteworthy with their lives - people who'd have a rational reason to risk nasty adverse effects. For everyone else, no reputable doctor is going to offer it without super-intense safety testing.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Julius CSAR posted:

Remember that game Sewer Shark? Is this like that?
You're confusing Neuralink with his car tunnel project, that's what will be like Sewer Shark.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i will do whatever is required of me to inject myself into a digital world permanently.

i do not want to come back to this hellscape

i want a hot body with long flowing hair, a saccharine-sweet voice and maxed out dexterity

i want to grind fishing exp for the rest of my life with a nice hubby by my side.

that is the ultimate dream and i will not cease my day-to-day routine until either this dream can be realized or I am reduced to ash

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 17, 2019

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

judging by his success with rockets he will invent this brain link but it will be the one from shadowrun that fries your brain if you get a 404 page or whatever

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

unpleasantly turgid posted:

i will do whatever is required of me to inject myself into a digital world permanently.

i do not want to come back to this hellscape

i want a hot body with long flowing hair, a saccharine-sweet voice and maxed out dexterity

i want to grind fishing exp for the rest of my life with a nice hubby by my side.

that is the ultimate dream and i will not cease my day-to-day routine until either this dream can be realized or I am reduced to ash

I will only permanently subsume myself in to the new digital hyperreality if PVP is enabled

Grind your fishing XP in hell

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

juggalo baby coffin posted:

judging by his success with rockets he will invent this brain link but it will be the one from shadowrun that fries your brain if you get a 404 page or whatever

This is the most accurate prediction I think.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Even odds this will be as good as the Power Glove

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
VR PvP would be just plain old sociopathy and murder. I honestly can't wait for the kind of hosed up justifications gamers will come up with for when hosed up fully tactile vr murder/rape simulators become real.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Colonel Cancer posted:

VR PvP would be just plain old sociopathy and murder. I honestly can't wait for the kind of hosed up justifications gamers will come up with for when hosed up fully tactile vr murder/rape simulators become real.

At least Blood Meridian will finally get a worthy adaptation

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I’ve been waiting 25 min for it to start. Great kickoff!

shiftless
May 18, 2005

It's starting but... also freezing...

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Goddamn Elon has got to give the worst pitch I've ever seen

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I can't sleep and now I'm watchiong this man stumble through and giggle to himself about shoving poo poo int o your brain

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
That is way too big to stick on my brain you weirdo

You can feel the people leaving the room

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Someone should hook Elon’s rear end in a top hat up to a dyson vaccuum and suck his brain out from where it naturally grows.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Jim Long-un posted:

TailRaisers is the hot new gay furry dating app built on the corporate surveillance state and technocracy that dehumanizes us just a little bit more every day

About 10,700 results (0.29 seconds)
Did you mean: yiffer

Search Results
Web results
Yiffr (@Yiffr) | Twitter
https://twitter.com/yiffr?lang=en
The latest Tweets from Yiffr (@Yiffr). A location-based furry app. Find the furs around you! (Discontinued Until Further Notice). Seattle,WA.
Yiffr auf Twitter: "To all our users, Google has pulled our app citing it to ...
https://twitter.com/yiffr/status/314156957281972224?lang=en-gb
@Yiffr. A location-based furry app. Find the furs around you! (Discontinued Until Further Notice). Seattle,WA. yiffr.com. Beigetreten August 2012 ...

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Elon Musk promises more technology with no proof it will be delivered, tune in

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Nerses IV posted:

At least Blood Meridian will finally get a worthy adaptation

A giant hairless man yelling at me to piss into a hole on a volcano

YagotmeIdidit
Jan 10, 2018
Like at what point is the point of no return?
Have we already crossed it?

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013

YagotmeIdidit posted:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

YagotmeIdidit posted:

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
I can’t taste the difference between brain implant pearl-clutching and Elon Musk pearl-clutching.

This was gonna happen one way or another but I’m sure as gently caress waiting until the upgrade path gets worked out.

YagotmeIdidit
Jan 10, 2018

Bobcats posted:

I'm okay with computers and people having direct access to my brain.

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
The implementation would matter a whole loving lot. I don't trust Musky's woodchipper err surgery bot and the first run of it will have some rear end in a top hat's hand hovering over a big Staples button style emergency stop.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I imagine this will be like Theranos where they claim they have some machine that works flawlessly but, in reality, the actual tech is nowhere close to achieving the results they claim. Should be an interesting documentary after the lawsuits get going.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
So I let Musk plug into my brain and now I have an uncontrollable urge to call Englishmen pedos

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
With version 2.0 you will actually be the English pedo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The only good thing about having digitized brain is getting high by typing /enable thc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
I like that Elon Musk is trying new things.