Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
worst subforum
D&D
ADTRW
TCC
CD
View Results

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Zefiel posted:

At some point the ! Sound effect from when guards noticed you in MGS escaped out into the mainstream and it's used like punctuation in like 99% of the youtube videos my young cousins watch, (mostly poo poo tiktok complilations) but also in TV shows that my grandfather watches, point being I can't escape it and I am just. So. Tired of it

I was on some medication for a bit that gave me brain-zaps and I had to change my ringtone away from that (cliched gamer thing? Sure, but it got people talking to me sometimes), so if it was more wide-spread then, I would have gone (more) nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
This was probably mentioned but there's this particular cat screech sound that Fox uses excesively on all their reality shows.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

PIZZA.BAT posted:

e: found it. 0:13 in case the timestamp doesn't work. these fire off so rapidly there's several in a single second, so the one i'm talking about is the second one after 0:13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9irWYNanm0&t=13s

It’s absolutely so hosed that this sounds familiar to me, like a song I haven’t heard in years. The order of the grunts was always the same every time, so if you turned up the damage resistance, equipped double RC-P90s and unloaded on an enemy you’d basically hear the exact audio from that YouTube clip play out. My friends and I could successfully predict the next grunt every single time

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The sound of some animal snorting from Ultima Online shows up in TV and movies all the time and it always catches me off guard

e:

MageMage posted:

Every animal sound effect from Ultima Online, especially the hissing alligator and the llama screaming.

yeah these

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Dec 28, 2023

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

erosion posted:

the LankyBox channel

Oh my this is a lot to take in. My friends all being tiktok-pilled isn’t as bad anymore.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

the big climactic bear fight in brave has the wow bear noise in it

being pulled out of that scene by that is literally the only thing i remember about that movie

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There’s a jungle bird sound that is really overused but now I can’t find it. I’m pretty sure it was on an old Roland drum machine I had but now I can’t find it. It went wooloolooloo. Yeah, that one

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
That one was used as a jungle ambience sound in Transport Tycoon Deluxe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if you see a hawk on screen within a second you are gonna hear this sound effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7udBOlJ6ig