Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

but we finally get to hear cavill doing his best Geralt voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqi-8kAMmM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

jesus

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Looks a bit Game of Thrones-y. I’m over that stuff now.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Does he have a British accent I can’t tell

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Shitcher.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Does he have a British accent I can’t tell

geralt? not in the game, its like one of those super basic american ones that nobody hates or likes. everyone else does though. im not clicking on the trailer. anyway isnt there already a witcher show in like polish from the 00s or something.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

geralt? not in the game, its like one of those super basic american ones that nobody hates or likes. everyone else does though. im not clicking on the trailer. anyway isnt there already a witcher show in like polish from the 00s or something.

there was but good luck finding any clips of it now

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In the trailer did he have one. I think he only talked for like four seconds. Glad to see they’re doing the Witcher 1 plot though, that game had a great story that a ton of people couldn’t slog through the game to see

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Looks like any generic dark fantasy show in that trailer.

They should adapt this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

there was but good luck finding any clips of it now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg6bz4x8Rvo&t=141s

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
well no doubt the budget was poo poo. that didnt really show off any of the acting though. depends what u want from tv i guess. i dont watch anything that isnt animated

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

man nurse posted:

Looks like any generic dark fantasy show in that trailer.

They should adapt this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-egGn5WYrk

lol

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

I will turn on the polish dub and english subtitles to watch this crap

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Thought the trailer looked pretty cool. Exceeded my expectations anyway.

Show’s not adapting anything from the games just book-only.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I thought it seemed cool and got a little hyped but it might just be my failbrain acting up again

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq9pbe-1Kd0

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hopefully it ends up being at least kinda fun and doesn’t lean too hard into the serious grim fantasy. The castlevania Netflix show ended up being surprisingly good so who knows

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
might be cool but i hate how it has every trailer-friendly platitude known to man

gotta get back to blood and wine soonn

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Netflix has seemingly unlimited money but I would’ve rather they didn’t spend 80% of it on Henry Caville. Mads would’ve been a sick geralt

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Netflix has seemingly unlimited money but I would’ve rather they didn’t spend 80% of it on Henry Caville. Mads would’ve been a sick geralt

He's too pretty to be a witcher. I hope this is like a younger Geralt and his face eventually gets busted up but that's not usually how Big Hollywood works.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Well the books take place over the course of like 15 or 20 years and it looks like the show will follow that, they show teenage Ciri but also some stuff that looks like from before her birth. So they could change up his appearance a lot and it would make sense. But I think you’re right that they wouldn’t hire Henry Cavill just to have him look older and scarred up for half the series

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

are we gonna see Henry’s third sword

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

considering he talked about wanting 2 do it cuz he liked the game before he was cast im guessing he's probably taking a cut for it

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Hopefully it ends up being at least kinda fun and doesn’t lean too hard into the serious grim fantasy. The castlevania Netflix show ended up being surprisingly good so who knows

The Witcher books got pretty dark at times though, and borrowed many references from other, much older, grim fantasy. I think as long as they stick to the books and don't try making a show adaptation of the game, then it should be a good show.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The book author, who loving despises the games, is working closely with the show runners. The show will not touch the games in any way.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
he's mad because the games made way more money than he expected.

i guess the law in poland is that if a deal is made but if one side greatly benefits more than the other than the deal can be cancelled.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

the books really aren't that great. The bloody baron story alone in 3 is leaps and bounds better than anything in the books

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The author is buttsalt that the Witcher 3 destroyed his vision of a geralt who says "For drat, maysooth, I touch your breast please"