Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I love Roadhouse.

When my ex-wife and I first broke up and I had to move out on my own, I was so goddamn poor that I couldn't afford internet, or even a phone. Through a workplace charity that donated stuff to school-age mothers, I was given an old TV and VCR that was so outdated none of the pregant teens even wanted it. The only good movie they had on cassette was Roadhouse.

During the dark winter of 2009, as I saved money to leave Oregon, my only human contact was co-workers I barely spoke to, clerks selling me cheap malt liquor, and Roadhouse. I left it in the VCR on repeat, and had it playing in the background constantly until spring came and I had enough saved to move to California. Roadhouse kept me going when I should have just given up.

That's a true story.

I also have a prop shirt worn by an extra on Roadhouse. I'll take a picture and post it when I get to work in a bit.

might be the best post ive ever seen on SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lol amazing

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Don't eat the big white mint

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Roadhouse is absolutely a powerful enough piece of moving picture cinema to have saved not just one, but many lives.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The absurdity of the premises of Roadhouse is only outshone by the even more absurd second half. When Swayze graduates from out-punching armed drunks to tearing out throats, we realize that the good Buick was in front of us the whole time.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

The double douche

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

(Jams knife into gas pedal)

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
i ain't GOT twenty bucks!!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

just lol if you didn't want sam elliott to sweep you off your feet like he almost did to dalton's chick in the diner

~all my exes live in texas~

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

i ain't GOT twenty bucks!!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Like 80% of the people in that movie are stuntmen trying to act

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Well, it's cheaper than hiring both stuntmen and actors.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
God roadhouse is good

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Tinker, a goon so lovable they allowed him to live by scaring him with a giant stuffed polar bear instead of shooting him.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
I saw Roadhouse for the first time two months ago and I'm still mad no one I knew told me this movie wasn't at all what I assumed it was since it was actually my favorite movie of all time

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

The twist in the movie is how the star of the movie wasn't the Roadhouse at all, but the sexy farmhouse where one is encouraged to do shirtless tai chi.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Kak posted:

back then i assumed all doggystyle was buttfucking

it is

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Yo that old farmer guy actually did a kick rear end job with the loft Swayze rents. That's like a $2 million apartment in NYC

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Fun fact: Red West, who played the red-headed guy who ran the auto parts store, was one of Elvis' "Memphis Mafia," a best friend and hanger-on who helped The King TCB. He wrote a tell all book called "Elvis: What Happened," published shortly before Elvis' death, purportedly as an attempt to show some tough love and scare him straight. Instead, it has been cited as a factor into driving Elvis into deep depression, and maybe even his death on the toilet at age 42.

It's a good book. I have it.

Also, John Doe from the seminal LA punk band X plays the first bartender at the Double Deuce who gets fired by Dalton for skimming from the till.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I love Roadhouse.

When my ex-wife and I first broke up and I had to move out on my own, I was so goddamn poor that I couldn't afford internet, or even a phone. Through a workplace charity that donated stuff to school-age mothers, I was given an old TV and VCR that was so outdated none of the pregant teens even wanted it. The only good movie they had on cassette was Roadhouse.

During the dark winter of 2009, as I saved money to leave Oregon, my only human contact was co-workers I barely spoke to, clerks selling me cheap malt liquor, and Roadhouse. I left it in the VCR on repeat, and had it playing in the background constantly until spring came and I had enough saved to move to California. Roadhouse kept me going when I should have just given up.

That's a true story.

I also have a prop shirt worn by an extra on Roadhouse. I'll take a picture and post it when I get to work in a bit.

Did you ever look at a picture of your wife while weeping "I used to gently caress women like you in my bed"?

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Sunswipe posted:

Did you ever look at a picture of your wife while weeping "I used to gently caress women like you in my bed"?

No, I just pretended I was Tinker driving a monster truck, so I felt like I was king of the universe.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Patrick Swayze took a roundhouse kick to his health-bar from all that cool guy cigarette smokin'

Point Break is better.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gutter Phoenix posted:

No, I just pretended I was Tinker driving a monster truck, so I felt like I was king of the universe.

Wish I'd thought of that, most I've ever pretended is that I was cutting people's heads off with a katana, so I felt like one of the princes of the universe.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

John Doe's finest moment:

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Gutter Phoenix posted:

He really loves shootin that gun

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

:swoon:

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

gently caress yeah

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

me when i steal ur lady

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

me when i steal ur lady

look at that grin :allears:

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I heard she could suck start a Harley

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Gutter Phoenix posted:

:asoiaf:

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
You forgot to mention pro wrestling hardcore icon Terry Funk was an important goon for tinker.

He kept taking small parts in movies like this so he could keep his badly needed health insurance through the screen actors guild.

The ranch he lives on is called the double cross ranch.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i thought you'd be... bigger

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

This is my best friend's favorite movie. I asked him what I should name this bunny that lives in front of my house, and he said Dalton. There is no question you can ask him that he can't or won't answer with something Roadhouse related.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Vato posted:

This is my best friend's favorite movie. I asked him what I should name this bunny that lives in front of my house, and he said Dalton. There is no question you can ask him that he can't or won't answer with something Roadhouse related.

Does he know whether or not pain hurts? You should ask him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Dalton and Karl from Die Hard proove that ballet dancers should play killing machines in action movies more often.