Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

They made 15 billion dollars in revenue last quarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:firstpost:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
The scene from Austin Powers with Doc Evil putting his little finger to the corner of his mouth and demanding a sum of money, but it;s the SEC making the demand and Facebook's board of directors reacting with laughter

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Hammerite posted:

The scene from Austin Powers with Doc Evil putting his little finger to the corner of his mouth and demanding a sum of money, but it;s the SEC making the demand and Facebook's board of directors reacting with laughter

facebook's board will actually comply with the ruling to the letter, because they are a board and that's what boards do. however it's not clear whether the ruling has any teeth because (aside from the fine) its main action is to create a privacy committee that is supposedly independent (ie not corporate insiders), whose members are chosen by a nominating committee that is also independent. but zuck controls the majority of the voting shares so technically he could just fire everyone on those committees and replace them with whoever he wanted. unlikely he'd actually go through with such an extreme thing, but the fact that he can is enough of a threat that the committees may not recommend anything zuck doesn't want anyway