Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

immortalyawn posted:

I get calls from people with early stage dementia asking how they can donate their brains to science when the time comes. I dont work for a place that does that. There are places that accept them, but I can only Imagine they mostly go to waste on students, not some cure like the person or family is hoping.

I did used to work for a freight company that shipped bodies for the state coroner and such. They are just shipped in the cargo of normal passenger flights.

Rural morgue workers have dark humor. I was always getting told how ripe or "live" a particular body was with maggots or whatever other infestation, or its colour, to their amusement.

You'd have to get it on a small charter flight from like Fitzroy Crossing, Tom Price, Kununarra or way out to a bigger town like Broome or even Darwin, then book it onto a normal flight as freight to Perth.

So yeah, if a plane goes down with X onboard and so many died, theres probably a few more aboard already dead.

That would make a great book, the plane lands, but everybody is alive, yet they shouldn't be. Now, let's find out who the dead people are supposed to be in the next chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

B̶r̶i̶e̶f̶c̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶F̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶G̶u̶t̶s̶
Cooler Full of Dicks

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
If a plane with X goes down and theres X+Y corpses, you need to send in Y people to get even with the god of death.
Its basic math, jfc.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
corpse(s) on a plane

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I dunno. On one hand I can understand being freaked out if your mom or grandma ended up in chunks in a bucket. On the other hand if it was me the only way I'd consider scientific donation would be if they promised to use me for landmine testing or fire me from a trebuchet into a woodchipper or something.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Rad-daddio posted:

"CORPSE FRESHENER"

I seriously wonder what the odds are that some guy is in his garage in Iowa re-bottling Febreze and selling at a premium for medical use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Good Ol Filbert posted:

Well, this is exciting. Thank you for your posts.

The knee looks like it belonged to an old woman, maybe in her 80's. We used to drain abscesses in the office and they looked like a gross lava lamp of yellow slime and red goo, it's what I imagined gooping off the body as it sloughs off. Fun stuff

We had one that had a really severe decubitus (bed sore). That was really sad and it also affected our testing since we needed a limb that belonged to someone less in the throes of osteoporosis.