Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

SalTheBard posted:

The hardest boss I had to deal with by far was the Twin Moths. Since then I pretty much walked straight through Root Horror, The Ravager, The Warden, Scald and Sear, and one other one (I can't remember off the top of my head). I'm currently on the Dreamer, just one question:

Where is the weakspot of the Dreamer in phase 2?

I'm getting utterly wrecked on that part of the fight.
To be a little more specific, since I just finished that boss two days ago: when he sends you to the shadow realm, you get a stack of a damage up buff thing for each add you kill while in there; once you're out, you have to unload a bunch of damage anywhere on the boss and eventually his chest will open up and reveal the weak spot for a bit. Then he wipes your buff and then you repeat until one of you dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avasculous
Aug 30, 2008
Whoa, this got away from me. I was the original poster asking for a difficulty mod.

Thank you for everyone who chimed in- we were skeptical of the posts saying the first boss was by far the hardest, but we gave the game another chance.

After narrowly killing him, every other boss has taken 1-4 tries (on Normal) until the moths which we just did. They were hard, but still took half as many attempts as Gorefist.

We're liking the game a lot and I'm glad this thread talked us out of souring on it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Congrats on the moths. They were absolutely my bete noire.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Congrats on the moths. They were absolutely my bete noire.

The trick is that if you destroy the cocoon, the second one spawns with 25% of its health missing.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Ok I'm playing Subject 2923 DLC. I have no clue what the gently caress I'm supposed to be doing right now. I've been running around for what seems like hours looking for a mysterious woman. I got the green gem, do I need to do that thing to finish it? Is Ikro optional or required? I'm pulling my hair out because I'm so loving confused.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

SalTheBard posted:

Ok I'm playing Subject 2923 DLC. I have no clue what the gently caress I'm supposed to be doing right now. I've been running around for what seems like hours looking for a mysterious woman. I got the green gem, do I need to do that thing to finish it? Is Ikro optional or required? I'm pulling my hair out because I'm so loving confused.

Did you go to your big crystal in the hub and start up the Subject 2923 campaign? Give me a bit and I'll double check it

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Evil Kit posted:

Did you go to your big crystal in the hub and start up the Subject 2923 campaign? Give me a bit and I'll double check it

Yes I did that. I finished Ward Prime, and am now on the frost area. I have a quest that says "Find the Mysterious Woman" but I have no loving clue where to find that. I think I'm almost done because I beat the "twin" boss, I did a gigantic room with constantly spawning adds, the only boss I haven't fought is Ikro because like gently caress that, I was getting wiped by them. If I have to fight Ikro thats fine, but like I really have no guidance on what to do (which I feel is a problem with Remnant in general)

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

SalTheBard posted:

Yes I did that. I finished Ward Prime, and am now on the frost area. I have a quest that says "Find the Mysterious Woman" but I have no loving clue where to find that. I think I'm almost done because I beat the "twin" boss, I did a gigantic room with constantly spawning adds, the only boss I haven't fought is Ikro because like gently caress that, I was getting wiped by them. If I have to fight Ikro thats fine, but like I really have no guidance on what to do (which I feel is a problem with Remnant in general)

Oh then you'll just have to keep pushing forward, you'll find her. It's your overarching goal for the campaign and you won't find her till the end.

If you've already beaten the Ornstein and Smaugh boss than just keep exploring the new area after them, you'll probably have to go through another dungeon. If you haven't talked to Antler Grandfather yet you haven't quite found the right spot

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 14, 2021

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Random mother loving ledges that you can just roll off of are so loving stupid and they loving infuriate me

EDIT: The boss that was listed as optional on the wiki wasn't optional and I'm now FINALLY on the end boss, who was really easy until phase 2 and then O_O

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 14, 2021

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm sorry to bump this thread (and double post) I'm trying to get Vulcan's Detonator. Do you have to do it in one shot? I end up getting over run by rats by the time I get to the last one and die, then run back and kill the last one, but get nothing. I'm really having difficulty with this :-/

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I actually don't think I've grabbed that yet, don't remember it off the top of my head. If you need help I wouldn't mind dropping in to punch things and shoot guns.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I got it finally. I used a melee builder to survive the endless waves of rats. If you need it I can help you.

Edit: For anyone thinking about playing this game, do it, it's fun as hell. There is no "one good build", the bosses are fun (although ones like Gorefiend with constantly spawning adds are dumb). I feel like the story is a little weird but In ok overlooking that

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 21, 2021

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

SalTheBard posted:

I got it finally. I used a melee builder to survive the endless waves of rats. If you need it I can help you.

Edit: For anyone thinking about playing this game, do it, it's fun as hell. There is no "one good build", the bosses are fun (although ones like Gorefiend with constantly spawning adds are dumb). I feel like the story is a little weird but In ok overlooking that

The secret set of puzzles and keys in the main hub bottom couple of floors with all the computer logs had wild lore, I'd play a whole game of that kind of puzzle solving

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
It is fun and after playing a few bosses, the gorefiend has been the worst simply because those exploding assholes are so annoying. But yeah I'm loving it.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Remnant is one of the most fun (and sometimes frustrating) games that I ever played through co-op. I really hope a sequel or a spinoff can be made with more content of the base game. The DLCs were kind of lukewarm though the Swamps was fun in an incredibly panic sort of way, especially if not solo.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

40 Proof Listerine posted:

The secret set of puzzles and keys in the main hub bottom couple of floors with all the computer logs had wild lore, I'd play a whole game of that kind of puzzle solving

I got stuck with that puzzle until a friend gave me the secret hidden knowledge of jump through the picture window that conspicuously has no glass

I'm real smart sometimes, it's the rest of the time that worries me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Any advice on Church Siege for Nightmare? I breezed through Shroud but Root Mother can only take a few hits before she eats it. Is it better to stand up by Root Mother and pick the mobs off, or should I move to the middle of the room?

I have gear for:
Radiant Crit
One Shot Slayer's
Leto's Melee
Warlords Explosions

I feel like no matter which one I pick I can't get the "elite" adds down fast enough to prevent them from killing her.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

SalTheBard posted:

Any advice on Church Siege for Nightmare? I breezed through Shroud but Root Mother can only take a few hits before she eats it. Is it better to stand up by Root Mother and pick the mobs off, or should I move to the middle of the room?

I have gear for:
Radiant Crit
One Shot Slayer's
Leto's Melee
Warlords Explosions

I feel like no matter which one I pick I can't get the "elite" adds down fast enough to prevent them from killing her.

The major dangers in the room are the ranged axe thrower and bow mobs - the melee ones you can run up to to aggro and kite a bit

Hunting Rifle, Sniper Rifle, and Crossbow all do enough headshot damage to burst those VIP targets down

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I started Subject 2923, and it's been pretty rough so far - as in the difficulty; that first siege took a couple of wipes to figure out because the ratties kept flanking us. Exploring Ward Prime has been cool, even if the whole "find the destructible things while being pursued by an invincible juggernaut" thing drags on. Most of our deaths actually came from those floaty things that hit surprisingly hard.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ward Prime is the worst loving part of the DLC and it's not even close

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I beat the twin moths with some help from some overleveled dude. I really like this game, but some of the issues with it are becoming apparent. The spawning system is really weird and tends to make enemies just dog pile you in one section of the map then, once you deal with them, the level feels empty until the next spawning section.

Also, I really wish this game got a PS5 patch.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the survival mode is also not very well-designed despite being a nice way to just blast monsters consequence-free

so much is gated behind multiple/consecutive boss kills and taking down even one is a huge timesink. also why is the desert biome not in the rotation? haven't gotten it once

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Rhom is in survival, you’re just getting unlucky.

Survival is a great fit for this game but the implementation really needed more work. Specifically the part where a good run takes hours except you can’t save. And even though the enemy level timer doesn’t run between sections in normal and hard difficulty, your consumable buff timers still do.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Been playing this a lot on PS4 and grabbed the DLCs. Great game, how did this not get more love?

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

I think people assumed they knew what it had to offer, and passed on it as “another souls like but with guns”. Which is a real fukken shame. Cool rear end game that did a lot right.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Some people don't have anyone to play co-op with, at least not regularly. I tried this game solo and it's not for me.

Played through it with a friend twice though and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Also that. My first run was solo then my friends got it on sale and that co op run really made it for me. Game absolutely owns w friends.

poo poo I might see if they wanna do another run

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
My impatient friend with no kids had blasted past me and is already in endgame now in the DLC, I'm still only a couple areas into Corsus.

Sigh, has kinda killed my interest now.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I had a blast mostly solo, but I'm a dark souls veteran.

It helps to not just have an ally, but a competent one, but someone can straight up carry you with the right build.

That being said I got carried through the dlcs because I took a long hiatus.

I played melee leach most of the time so that was something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I've only played solo, but I hit a wall with Apocalypse which is sad. That being said Outriders is similar to Remnant, but with less cover being necessary.