Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Congrats on being a modern day janitor

computer janitoring pays good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

bradzilla posted:

computer janitoring pays good

Do you get to take old scrums home to eat?

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Man... I sure love World Of Warcraft in 2019, I've been playing it since I was 5.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Thesaurus posted:

What are "tickets" anyways? Is it something you win and can redeem for prizes?

It's how they assign the voluntary redundancy pool; the more tickets you collect, the more chances you have to get redundinanted

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

*Is super anti-union Libertarian and gets treated like poo poo*

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Nooner posted:

I just transferred to IT today is my second day (:

nooooooo

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

HELP MY COMPUTER WONT TURN ON IVE BEEN PRESSING THE DELL LOGO BUT NOTHINGS HAPPENING

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm about to go home for the week and I haven't had a single conversation with a coworker since Monday

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

That's fuckin bs he shoulda sued. Stuff in the garbage is public property.

loving Ricky over here

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Big Beef City posted:

I know this is a joke, but I worked with a woman who had the appropriate admin rights, went into UaC and just...hit delete. Like on a domain level.
Sure there was a backup and stuff and the changes could be reverted but yeah, no, she just did the thing that you would never think of doing. It happened twice.

I'm not kidding. Yes she was fired but not for this, actually.

I mean you'd think that there would be MORE gigantic flags within AD saying "please don't delete/are you sure you want to delete" this entire domain container kind of thing? But you know what? There isn't.
So well IT people are idiot fucks just like everyone.

e: this was for a giant corp, too. Not some mom and pop place. Just some rando IT worker waltzing in and blitzing the corporate AD structure for no reason.

This is why AD Recycle Bin is a thing.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

*asks client to confirm the ethernet cable is plugged in several times before placing service call*

Service call notes: Ethernet cable was unplugged. Device now operating normally. :murder:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Inbox -> Monitoring (9484847929937 unread)

Well poo poo

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Icochet posted:

Taking poo poo from work isnt really stealing.

You can only steal from a person or living creature, you cannot steal from a thing.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

“Why aren’t the phones ringing? The lines must be down!”

“The phones are working, it’s just quiet”

“But there’s no tickets coming in either!”

*panic*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

bradzilla posted:

*asks client to confirm the ethernet cable is plugged in several times before placing service call*

Service call notes: Ethernet cable was unplugged. Device now operating normally. :murder:

You did not specify to check both ends of the cable :rolleyes: