Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You know, the fact that none of the alternate versions of Johnny+Lucy's standoff with Valentine have Gyro around makes me wonder if Gyro's death is one of those multiverse constants, like Valentine's father being dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

He’s a Zeppeli and a companion to a Joestar; of course his death is gonna be a multiverse constant.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
There are probably countless worlds where things are radically different, but Valentine always goes to one that is fairly similar, since that's where he can find himself nearby.

In worlds that are similar, but Gyro lives, Valentine is most likely already dead.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I’d love to see that idea explored on its own. A Stand user who can leap realities, but is scared of deviating too far from their baseline and it’s similar neighbors, until necessity and horror forces them well outside the familiar timelines.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

Black August posted:

I’d love to see that idea explored on its own. A Stand user who can leap realities, but is scared of deviating too far from their baseline and it’s similar neighbors, until necessity and horror forces them well outside the familiar timelines.

That would be great as a quick story like Dead Man's Questions.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Valentine ends up in a dimension where that version of him is appalled at what a huge fascist he is and actively helps Tusk in catching up to base Valentine.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Llab posted:

That would be great as a quick story like Dead Man's Questions.

Exactly my thoughts.

Accordion Man posted:

Valentine ends up in a dimension where that version of him is appalled at what a huge fascist he is and actively helps Tusk in catching up to base Valentine.

Yeah, see? Something like this. Imagine discovering you have timeline-hopping powers, and you end up finding out that every single alternate You is somehow a crazed rear end in a top hat or a world-running tyrant. Worse when you discover that every single You experienced a single similar event, but you were the only one who grew from it, instead of being BROKEN by it.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Black August posted:

I think that's just Steinman's Gate.

Perpetual Motion
Aug 12, 2013
I mean, that's kinda what Eyes of Heaven tries to do, as botched and nonsensical as that game's story was.

In that timeline, Valentine's desperate universe hopping at the end of Part 7 brings him into contact with DIO Over Heaven, who becomes the main antagonist after Valentine informs him about the multiverse and the corpse parts. In fact, Valentine's repentance and death in that game as a result of these events is probably the only really well-written part about it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I need to reread part 6. Let’s do that one next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

bumping this thread as this fanmade Johnny theme rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1McPiczNkGg