Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
was collecting aol free cd's because it looked cool to destroy them with a tesla coil a goon thing or just a general internet thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXGS1cmYrAY

I feel like it was a goon thing, like the guy that made the flamethrower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I want the AOL disc that comes with the free Seinfeld trivia game

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
this dude is really more of a human version of Yu-Gi-Oh more than goku I think

but I be he thinks of himself as more of a goku for sure, shameful

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Oh, he named himself a "digital prophet".

He has no IT qualifications. I'm confused. He's also 50 years old.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
He's a modern court jester

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I love this guy and I wish me and him could have had an America OnLine oddysey and lead them into a new world of worldwide connection and we would probably sleep in the same bed platonically and talk about ethernet ports.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Imagine my surprise when he informs me that ethernet ports have nothing to do with catastrophic shitposting while on an ether binge.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

My first internet dial-up connection was AOL which I always thought was quite funny as I don't live in America.

Then we got Freeserve which became NTL and then finally Virgin Media.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Digitow!!

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i cant imagine a world without aol im gonna end it ALL

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nooo don't end it AOL

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I’ve always thought this guy was some sort of human money-laundering vessel.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Pretty sure that's David Cross.

It is and that's probably the best sketch from W/Bob & David. Also, gently caress HBO for not letting them use the Mr. Show name.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Ultra Carp

Mnoba posted:

the funniest thing in that pic isn't the weird hair guy, but it's the lean forward neoliberal corporate news nonsense

digital learning and training in the classroom connects tomorrows mass shooters with the online radicalizers of today!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
*surfs a keyboard across the world wide web*

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
My brother somehow still has his @aol.com email address. At least he did the last time I had an email from him probably some time last year...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
my bosses still use their @aol.com email, i think they're paying for the emails at like $20 a month or something but have at&t dsl

email entrenchment is a hell of a thing. my parents were using Earthlink up till like 3 years ago because they didn't want to lose their @earthlink.net emails. finally got them to switch to gmail

mystes
May 31, 2006

Xaris posted:

my bosses still use their @aol.com email, i think they're paying for the emails at like $20 a month or something but have at&t dsl

email entrenchment is a hell of a thing. my parents were using Earthlink up till like 3 years ago because they didn't want to lose their @earthlink.net emails. finally got them to switch to gmail
I don't think you need to pay to keep the aol address, so they still theoretically offer dialup so they can pretend not to realize that they're scamming senior citizens by charging them for nothing.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Xaris posted:

Great now google owns your parents. Well done, doofus.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gentle reminder is that shingy was an actual genuine prophet, most of his predictions have come true, and he was simply before his time

his points on "unfollowing is going to be the new cool thing" maps directly to 2019 cancel culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Come here, Shingy. There's nothing wrong with you ... that I can't fix ... with my hands...