Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I want to run a playtest of the official Alien TTRPG. The system is in development by Free League (apparently as part of the franchise's 40th anniversary) and they've released a prefab module for folks like me, who preordered the core book, which is due in November.

I'm looking for 3-5 people interested in trying this out - I'll provide the quickstart guide, and you'll be choosing your character from a list of prefabs. Your hook is the following:

quote:

You are working stiff stationed on the starfreighter USCSS Montero, an independent charter vessel running “the Gauntlet”— the trade route between the thriving Anchorpoint Space Station and the "Frontier" of systems both colonized and uncharted. Your ship’s cargo hold is packed with dozens of tanks of rare and valuable Helium-3 gas fuel. The Montero's operation runs on a shoestring budget, and so you do not enjoy the use of tanker modules separate from the ship itself. The tanks sit in the cargo bay while you sleep.

You are to deliver this fuel to a Weyland-Yutani corporate account on Sutter, a newly established Frontier colony. Aside from the occasional external sensor glitch, all systems were green during the pickup run, and you entered hypersleep for the ride back.

Stiff and groggy, you awake in your cramped cryosleep pod. You're ready to get this job done and get paid. And so you rise for your first breakfast in months.

The module itself, as I've read it, could be pretty interesting (it runs off d6 die and there are some in-depth rules for stress, panic, injury and stealth gameplay). I'll give you a PDF once you're in the game, and you can find an online version. But in the meantime, please do not read any of the material in the "Chariot of the Gods" appendix. I would hate to have the game spoiled.

Again, I'm looking for 3-5 players. I would prefer a live game (I am on Mountain Standard Time in the US and am available just about any time on weekends and in the evenings most weekdays), however if you're interested but can only do PbP, or even asynchronous Discord text, feel free to post interest and state your preference. I'll be posting the available characters within a day or so of this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The Starting Characters:

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 11, 2019

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I had no idea this was a thing. Preference is pbp or discord, but could maybe do a VoiP game on weekends. I'm CST, so not too far off on time zone.

So is the tone of this more of the Alien and Alien isolation where we are at the mercy of the Aliens, or do we have some ability to fight back?

e: I'd play Rye or Cham, in the order of preference.

Werix fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 11, 2019

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Really interested, saw this at the UKGE and didn't get a chance to have a go, but I'm interested in trying it out. Might be able to do live, discord or PBP, all depending on the timing. I'm GMT however.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm interested in this, I'm EST. I probably can only do it on weekends unless its PBP/discord text.

-edit, I'd probably want to play Wilson the Company man.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Aug 11, 2019

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Character profiles posted

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Interested in the company agent.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
I'm down for playing officer Miller. Or whoever is leftover if someone else wants to play miller.

MinutePirateBug fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 12, 2019

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Looks like we’ve got two company men… we can flip a coin, or if somebody has a second choice among the remaining crew, we can work it out

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

That’s alright, lll take the pilot instead

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Alright then, here’s a link to the Discord server, drop into the general thread and let me know you’re an Alien player, we can hash out format / time stuff there

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Werix posted:

So is the tone of this more of the Alien and Alien isolation where we are at the mercy of the Aliens, or do we have some ability to fight back?

Sorry, just got to this - it's definitely an Alien / Alien Isolation sort of vibe. Which isn't to say that it's impossible to fight, but your characters aren't soldiers, and characters are pretty fragile.

I can confirm that if your original PC dies, you'll have the opportunity to take a new one, but I can't say much beyond that.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Werix, are you out there?

We’ve still got one open seat if anybody wants to jump in. We are aiming for Saturdays @ 3PM EST

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Yeah I am. Can you give me the discord link again? The one you posted above expired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Join us https://discord.gg/maqVfw