Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
When Toonami came back, the Adult Swim thread became mostly about anime and then got moved to ADTRW. Now there's barely any discussion about non-anime there, so I'm making a thread for the Sunday-Friday programming watchers.

NEW EPISODES AIRING
Final Space
Squidbillies

Scheduled to return
12 oz. Mouse
Ballmasterz: 9009
Mike Tyson Mysteries
Mr. Pickles
Rick & Morty
Robot Chicken
Tigtone

Syndicated programming
American Dad!
Bob's Burgers
Family Guy
SuperMansion

Not cancelled As Of This Post
Black Jesus
Check It Out! with Steve Brule
Decker
Dream Corp, LLC
The Eric Andre Show
The Jellies!
Joe Pera Talks With You
Lazor Wulf
Mostly 4 Millenials
Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter
Off the Air
The Shivering Truth
Tender Touches
Tropical Cop Tales
The Venture Bros.
Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I hope Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell sticks around for a couple more seasons. It's my current favorite of the short format shows.

I don't know if I need any more Tropical Cop Tales episodes though. A little goes a long way with that one.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Vakal posted:

I hope Your Pretty Face is Going to Hell sticks around for a couple more seasons. It's my current favorite of the short format shows.

I don't know if I need any more Tropical Cop Tales episodes though. A little goes a long way with that one.

Your Pretty Face and Squidbillies are two that got a :wtc: response at first but ended up really growing on me. Mike Tyson Mysteries is more fun than it has any right to be because it's one of those things that's more than the sum of its parts.

Never understood 12 Oz Mouse and probably never will :shrug:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Black Jesus is probably done even if they never officially canceled it seeing as Charlie Murphy passed away and McGruder is working on his Boondocks reboot. Also Joe Pera is definitely coming back as they were filming s2 a couple of months ago.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Black Jesus S3 is out 9/20. Considering how long ago they shot it I'm as surprised as you are.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
If you learn anything about [as], it's that nothing's cancelled until it's OFFICIALLY cancelled.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The adult swim podcast is really great. I've listened to every episode, and even the people who I'm not familiar with are interesting.

Also, somehow I had no idea there was a new Squidbillies season airing. I need to catch up.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The biggest thing AS related this year is probably the Junji Ito mini-series because it has the potential of being a contender for show of the year if they pull it off.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Free Jerry Sandusky

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Grandpa Pera is back. Two new episodes. I'm rather surprised this doesn't have its own thread.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/joe-pera-talks-with-you/joe-pera-talks-with-you-about-beans
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/joe-pera-talks-with-you/joe-pera-takes-you-on-a-hike

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Tigtone is my favorite thing adult swims ever done, looking forward to more.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Just searched the forum looking for a hint of Joe Pera talk. This show feels like the best-kept secret going. I keep trying to get people to watch but it's deceptively hard to explain or pitch to someone

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Ingmar terdman posted:

Just searched the forum looking for a hint of Joe Pera talk. This show feels like the best-kept secret going. I keep trying to get people to watch but it's deceptively hard to explain or pitch to someone

He plays some parts up for his stand-up and in interviews but I've met him and he really is pretty much like that. An 88 year old man in a 30-some-odd-year-old-man's body. Love me some grampa joe

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
https://twitter.com/CNschedules/status/1206491860983853056

So Lazzo went off into the sunset. Keith Crofford is in charge now.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ingmar terdman posted:

It's a young man who acts (or is?) like an old man, and hosts a show that's kind of like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood for adults.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

No.1 Special posted:

https://twitter.com/CNschedules/status/1206491860983853056

So Lazzo went off into the sunset. Keith Crofford is in charge now.

Rest in piss Lazzo. A lot of my teenagery was tied up in AS era humour and styling, but Lazzo himself seemed like a pretty poo poo dude. Crofford probably isn't fantastic either, but he at least passes the google test of his name + rear end in a top hat.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Welp there goes Venture Bros

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Welp there goes Venture Bros

is this a good prediction?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
one of the reasons venture bros keeps getting new seasons is apparently because lazzo personally liked the show

i think crawford also likes the show but without a personal champion, how will doc and chris keep their weird little boutique show that takes five years per season alive in the gaze of the corporate stooges?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Watched the Christmas episode of the dril show, or "Truthpoint: Dark Web Rising", as they say. Things I liked:

- Putting the Christ back into Christmas not being enough to satisfy God's bloodlust
- "Dual Christ Theory" with Jesus and Mario*, which is dril's basis for renaming Christmas ChristChrist
- "Let's move the Veterans to Halloween, because Veterans are scary."
- "What would the world look like if we all celebrated Cream (pronounced kree-ahm) today? I don't have an answer for that." *Three seconds of silence*
- "We were Christmas before we got off of Ellis Island."
- The fat bearded guy getting really heated about Santa Claus having illegitimate children.
- "Yeah, you get to Castle Doctrine Santa for sure."
- Tiny Tim's Soundcloud.
- "Santa Claus can't talk because he's hiding from Matt Man."
- The argument over Dril's Christmas gift.

Things I didn't like:

- Matt Man (Formerly Matt Christman) participating in society even though he criticizes it. What a hypocrite.

* This is misleading. The theory is actually that Jesus and Baby Jesus are two separate entities, much like Mario and Baby Mario in the spinoff games.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Sharkopath posted:

Tigtone is my favorite thing adult swims ever done, looking forward to more.

My wife hates that show but I can't stop laughing at how absurd Tigtone looks and how much he acts like a MMO player.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Honestly, I hope the next season of Venture Bros. episodes will be the last. I get why there's such long gaps, but it's been going on for a lone time and the season finale in the last one feel like it wants to close a major plot point.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Does feel like that maybe because they've actually been answering a lot of the major questions about the show, and looks like they're working on the rest.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is there a reason AS only ever shows the fourth season of Metalocalypse anymore, and not the other ones?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Also bring back Metalocalypse

by any means necessary

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Hell yeah, new Squidbillies

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I. M. Gei posted:

Is there a reason AS only ever shows the fourth season of Metalocalypse anymore, and not the other ones?

This is the other side of Lazzo.

Venture Bros lived on because of him basically refusing to cancel it, but [as] shitcanned Metalocalypse based primarily on Lazzo and Brendon Small loving hating each other. I would assume it's somehow related to that beef, possibly a situation where Small has the distribution rights to s1-3 but not the IP rights (he notably also hasn't been allowed to perform as Dethklok in a while) whereas [as] has the IP and perpetual rights to s4.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
They actually performed for the first time in five years at the Adult Swim festival a few months ago.

I do enjoy that in an inverse of Metalocalypse, [as] only plays the first three seasons of The Boondocks. Which, by the way, the reboot is coming to HBO Max if you only heard it was happening and got excited to see it in the lineup.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Thoughts and highlights of the marriage episode of Truthpoint:

- These were the most uncomfortable video clips to date. The end segment with the human hive was actually the least distressing part.

- "I love you so much that it should be illegal for you to disobey me." *staff giggling offscreen*

- DIVORCE AS SELF CARE

- Divorcees go to hell because St. Peter doesn't want to deal with their relationship drama.

- DARK LORD DIVORCIO

- Derek gets off on imagining other people imagining him loving his wife. Yet another facet of his sexual depravity comes to light.
-- And he immediately proposes something worse after that. Four words: future wife's QR code.
--- And it gets even worse. Paramatrimonial relationships are some dark poo poo.

- Megan's voting Bernie because she wants her husband deported back to Australia.

- "This whole room's full of ex-wives! You want my loving money?!"
"Hell, yeah, I want some money! My husband never gave me money!"
*dril gives her money*

- Megan going HAAM on monarchies and the English, saying what needs to be said.

- "Marriage is the legal form of slavery!" *everybody is visibly irritated* *dril is vocally irritated*

- "Oh, I should be wearing a dunce cap? Your wife should be wearing a dunce cap. You should be in jail."

- The entire saga with dril, Claudia, and his wife was incredibly good in general.

- Megan's incredibly straight no-nonsense act was pretty fun. I would not object to her making a cameo in the future.

It's been a while since I caught an episode live. I might just do that tonight.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Ballmastrz: 9009 comes back on February 23rd! I really liked that show.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I watched the Disney episode of Truthpoint.

- Derek thinks Elon Musk owns Disney, thus his claim about him building Truthbot. It's the only explanation.
-- He also thinks most everything is intended for adults, given what he said about fanart indicating the true audience of a work.

- "Gone with the Wind, Song of the Sou - what's the racist one?"
"Gone with the Wind."

- This video clip is the most unsubtle satire of brand loyalty I've ever seen. Summer spitting blood just from eating the banana and "Soul poison" being shown in the Disney font got me pretty good, though.

- dril predicting the revival of low-budget Disney sequels is one of the grimmest Disney-related predictions I've seen yet.
-- I can't tell if he's trying to take Disney down from the inside or if he's just this bad at shilling for his bosses. That's dril for ya.
--- Okay, no, he's way into this. "ALL FOR THE UNDYING GLORY...OF HIS MAJESTY WALT!"

- Real hosed up that Derek lumped in Robin Williams with Ronald Reagan and Tim Allen.
-- Also hosed up that he introduced the idea of Disney pulling a Coca-Cola and murdering striking workers in a far-off country into my brain.

- Tom Hannah doing his best impression of a dude who just did thirty lines of coke in a row.

- Who Wants To Be Hunted By A Millionaire? sounds like it'd have way more volunteers than you expected or hoped. Stan culture is a disease.

- "Pedophiles are a...what, like 20 to 30 percent of the Disney audience, I think."
"And more than that of the Disney workforce!"
To be specific, he was talking about upper management.

- The Aristocats puppet show was pretty horrific, but I think the euthanization just tipped it over a bit too much.

- The first Disney anime was actually that crappy Stitch show that got rid of Lilo.

- I like to imagine dril's rage at Pewdiepie was 100% genuine.

- Is being a Chuck E. Cheese cultist any more pathetic than being a Disney cultist? Let's split the difference and say they're equally sad.

- The Artist's Corner was expectedly upsetting, but the dedication to Russi Taylor really hit me in a bad place.
-- Oh my god, I never made the connection that the actors for Thanos and the remake's Genie were in Men in Black before now.
-- "This is called minimalism, and it means they didn't work on it very hard."

- Truthbot has gained a mind of its own, and it's out to stick a PNG of a dunce cap over everyone's heads!

I wish we had the usual set-up of the guys taking opposite issues on the topic of the day, but I thought this was a pretty fine way of keeping things fresh.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Does this Dril show make it on 4ams at all or is it entirely web-only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

OldTennisCourt posted:

The biggest thing AS related this year is probably the Junji Ito mini-series because it has the potential of being a contender for show of the year if they pull it off.

Oh wow I hadn’t heard this was happening. I sure hope it’s better than the movie adaptation...

Also I can’t wait for more Mike Tyson Mysteries, that show is so much better than it has any right to be.