Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault
Hey art Goons

Recently my tabletop group finished a year long game and we have this fantastic map we've been doodling on the entire time on 1.5 A3 sheets of paper
It's a total mess, but each and every thing on the map means something to us and has a history

So I was wondering if any of you would be willing to turn this peice of crap into something respectable enough to hang on my wall

I was thinking something in a bright, almost cartoony style like this

Where some of the major landmarks are drawn on the map, and minor ones are just marked like we've done in the original
I can be convinced otherwise though, I'm not exactly a connoisseur

Of course, I don't expect this work to be free. I also don't know what to expect to pay for this kind of service if I'm totally honest
Quote me :20bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I have a hard time reading your original, admittedly. I'm not great with reading handwriting, some kind of cleaner list on the amount of landmarks you want to be properly drawn onto the map would really help. Also, what scale should this print out on? Big enough that everything is readable and easy to see? That'd be a pretty big print, most likely. What kind of space you got planned for it would be helpful to know.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

Ritznit posted:

I have a hard time reading your original, admittedly. I'm not great with reading handwriting, some kind of cleaner list on the amount of landmarks you want to be properly drawn onto the map would really help. Also, what scale should this print out on? Big enough that everything is readable and easy to see? That'd be a pretty big print, most likely. What kind of space you got planned for it would be helpful to know.

Yeah, it's messy and it's been over more than once with different people's handwriting, so I don't blame you. I'd happily write out a proper list of landmarks (major and minor) with descriptions if this was something you'd be interested in taking up. I'll just need some time to throw them together into a document

For scale I was thinking about A2 size, maybe 60x60cm squared. I don't want the thing dominating a wall or anything, but it's also got to be big enough to read

Thanks for the reply!

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

kaffo posted:

Yeah, it's messy and it's been over more than once with different people's handwriting, so I don't blame you. I'd happily write out a proper list of landmarks (major and minor) with descriptions if this was something you'd be interested in taking up. I'll just need some time to throw them together into a document

For scale I was thinking about A2 size, maybe 60x60cm squared. I don't want the thing dominating a wall or anything, but it's also got to be big enough to read

Thanks for the reply!

All sounds good to me. Would you be okay with it being done entirely digital?

I admittedly have no idea either what to price this at. I've never done a fantasy map, but I have a pretty colorful, toony-ish style, which is what piqued my interest. I could make a sample for you and you can see if you like it?

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

Ritznit posted:

All sounds good to me. Would you be okay with it being done entirely digital?

I admittedly have no idea either what to price this at. I've never done a fantasy map, but I have a pretty colorful, toony-ish style, which is what piqued my interest. I could make a sample for you and you can see if you like it?
That sounds fantastic to me. I'd love to see a sample yeah

As for the list of landmarks with descriptions. I'm going to get some of the players together this week and put together a doc. We'll try and pick out the major and minor landmarks we think are interesting to give detail on

We might want to take this to PMs too, if you've got the ability