Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favorite wrestling dad?
This poll is closed.
Arn Anderson 29 27.36%
Yuji Nagata 12 11.32%
Scott Steiner (The Big Booty Daddy) 40 37.74%
Big Daddy Yum Yum 14 13.21%
Other (Post ITT!) 11 10.38%
Total: 106 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He'll do a promo with Owens, rile him up, they'll stun Shane and Elias together and then on Smackdown the next day KO will get fined $250k and cry, begging Shane to not put his family on the street. You know, the poo poo that got Steve over back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Austin could come and just list the alcohol he plans on drinking, describe the plot to Beverly Hillbillies, complain about enchilladas, or do a play by play of his morning breakfast and it'd be 200x better than any promo on the card, and he's done all 4 of those before irl and they owned every time. idk if it was his accent combined with his intensity and quick wit but goddamn he could even make "do you know what my watch is saying" into a loving gimmick

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

Carmella always looks so weird in press photos.

carmella is often the first person to point that out

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Austin could come and just list the alcohol he plans on drinking

They only have 3 hours.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Austin segment at the last panic button Raw loving sucked. Congratulations WWE You made SCSA lame and uncool

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Daniel Bryan is so drat good

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1166076068924710913

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Perfect weather for talent to take themselves to shows in

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/1166111685171695618

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Bayley: Yeah so my rental car got flooded and I had to wade through waist deep water for 5 miles to get to the show. That's just how showbiz is sometimes. I'm sure you've had to deal with the same thing, right?

Bewildered Fox Sports host: uhhhhhhhh

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
IMPACT is trying to run Vince McMahon out of business

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1166129724432814080

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Astro7x posted:

Who in 2019 honestly cares about Austin showing up on Raw in any sort of non physical role? If I wanted to see him come out, drink beers, and spew some catchphrases I'd just watch an old Raw during the Attitude Era.

Because that's all he will do. He will not be involved and help drive any major storyline. He'll just give some speech about being glad to be back in the garden and that's the bottom line yadda yadda yadda.
WWE never loving does anything with returning talent, even when it would make perfect sense. In the middle of a stupid loving Shane segment, Owens could come out to kick his rear end, and when Shane tries to bail to the back? Glass shatters. Stone cold walks the aisle and stares him down. Either way Shane turns, he's gonna' eat a Stunner. You have both of them hit him with one, have a beer bash, and now you've taken advantage of the history repeats itself subtext so it looks like you did it on loving purpose instead of being creatively bankrupt. Memorable moment that moves things forward.

But no. Austin will come out, cut a promo to end the show, and the moment will be about him and how great things were 20 years ago.

Edit: Durnit. This is why you finish reading the thread before you go off all half-cocked in frustration.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

LividLiquid posted:

WWE never loving does anything with returning talent, even when it would make perfect sense. In the middle of a stupid loving Shane segment, Owens could come out to kick his rear end, and when Shane tries to bail to the back? Glass shatters. Stone cold walks the aisle and stares him down. Either way Shane turns, he's gonna' eat a Stunner. You have both of them hit him with one, have a beer bash, and now you've taken advantage of the history repeats itself subtext so it looks like you did it on loving purpose instead of being creatively bankrupt. Memorable moment that moves things forward.

But no. Austin will come out, cut a promo to end the show, and the moment will be about him and how great things were 20 years ago.

Edit: Durnit. This is why you finish reading the thread before you go off all half-cocked in frustration.

Yeah, but the point of Austin showing up isn't to help storylines, or to help wrestlers get over, or even to promote and move forward angles.

Austin is there to get a nostalgia pop/reatings spike. He is there so people watching will go, "Oh yeah, this is back from when wrestling was good. I remember why I watch this company. I'll keep watching and hope it gets that good again", and to get people who stopped watching/casual fans to go "hey, that guy I liked/that guy I remember is on TV. I'll turn it on to see him."

It is short sighted, and ultimately self defeating. Because Austin being on screen will just show how useless and bad the current product is.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[quote="BrigadierSensible" post="497817274"]
Yeah, but the point of Austin showing up isn't to help storylines, or to help wrestlers get over, or even to promote and move forward angles.

Austin is there to get a nostalgia pop/reatings spike. He is there so people watching will go, "Oh yeah, this is back from when wrestling was good. I remember why I watch this company. I'll keep watching and hope it gets that good again", and to get people who stopped watching/casual fans to go "hey, that guy I liked/that guy I remember is on TV. I'll turn it on to see him."

It is short sighted, and ultimately self defeating. Because Austin being on screen will just show how useless and bad the current product is.
[/quote

Austin Will be there because this company Is so cold and uncool that they still can't sell MGS

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Corey graves is snake and Vince is the colonel

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
MSG

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Isn't Undertaker supposed to make an MSG appearance as well?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

BrigadierSensible posted:

That may work if you do it once every few years but they trot these guys out far too regularly. There is something called the "7 Year Rule" that I can't remember off the top of my head talked about in their book. Effectively you can redo any story or gimmick as long as you wait at least 7 years between them. Any sooner than that and it either won't work or not work nearly as well.

They have had Austin on television twice in the last couple of months, now for this MSG show and likely the Fox debut. He isn't going to move the needle one bit now. Honestly they don't have anyone left that could pop a rating bar something like CM Punk which I would believe that Vince is retiring before that happens. They don't have anything left to hot shot a rating anymore.

WWE should have been working over a year ago, after they signed the Fox deal to create new stars from NXT that weren't tainted by the main roster. They should have been focused on long term storytelling and trying to build some steam for this Fall. Instead they floundered pretty much everything they touched, including Becky Lynch and Kofi which fell into their lap. With AEW breathing down their neck poised to make a real dent in the industry makes the fact that they are this unprepared just that much more unbelievable.

Really I just want to fast forward to the Spring and see what is going to happen already. It is bound to be a very interesting next 6 months.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I want Vince to call up a fake Dark Order and a fake Best Friends to stand around backstage like he did with fake private party. I can't wait for Hornswaggle to come back as a Marko Stunt rip off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

New thread