Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Also, does anyone else have a spouse who starts putting up Halloween decorations on Labor Day weekend? I think Mrs Daddio has a problem if not...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I've actually got a Halloween hand towel hanging up in the kitchen right now!

But only because my skeleton towels are just in the regular rotation of kitchen towels. We're not very particular. :shrug:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

LadyPictureShow posted:

I've actually got a Halloween hand towel hanging up in the kitchen right now!

But only because my skeleton towels are just in the regular rotation of kitchen towels. We're not very particular. :shrug:

Yep, I've got a Christmas kitchen towel that comes around every few weeks.

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
nice and lucky

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

numberoneposter posted:

whats everyones costume

Giant jack o lantern because I can be fat as hell and still be in a size appropriate costume

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

Rad-daddio posted:

Also, does anyone else have a spouse who starts putting up Halloween decorations on Labor Day weekend? I think Mrs Daddio has a problem if not...

September 1 is my official Halloween decorating day (my most favorite of holidays).

Also this means we are closer to the yearly tradition that is the Nightmare Fear Factory thread.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I applied to work at a Spirit Halloween that opens in an old abandoned Staples every year. ‘Anybody ever work at one of those?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

yippeekiyaymf posted:

September 1 is my official Halloween decorating day (my most favorite of holidays).

Also this means we are closer to the yearly tradition that is the Nightmare Fear Factory thread.

Hell yeah! :getin:

(On both counts!)

E: what's the extent of your decorations? I moved apartments a lot, so my decorations are admittedly a bit meager, but I like putting them up early.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

LadyPictureShow posted:

(On both counts!)

E: what's the extent of your decorations? I moved apartments a lot, so my decorations are admittedly a bit meager, but I like putting them up early.

you people are all part of the problem!

Halloween should be decorated, at the earliest, on October 1st. even that's pushing it imo

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Ok so hear me out. I love Halloween as much as the next person that loves Halloween, but the atmosphere has to be right. It has to be fall, ya know? It's gotta be hoodie weather, not coat weather, not tank top weather. This is important. I understand that it is geocentric or whatever, but I don't care

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Happy Halloween you LUSCIOUS pieces of TRAAAAASH!
https://youtu.be/Tu1cafMFIHQ

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Football season is when you start, but they keep pushing that to the left so...

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

shadowvine118 posted:

I applied to work at a Spirit Halloween that opens in an old abandoned Staples every year. ‘Anybody ever work at one of those?

Yep. It was easy as hell. Granted this was about ten years ago, but I can't imagine it's changed much. Some of the decorations screaming and playing music might get old though.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

Football season is when you start, but they keep pushing that to the left so...

College ball kicks off on Saturday.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

numberoneposter posted:

whats everyones costume

aziraphale, my friend's crowley

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

alternatively i'll just wear the dumb goth poo poo i wear year round anyway

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

As much as I love Halloween probably won't do anything this year unless something comes up. Not really in the mood for drinking with a bunch of lovely expats.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I say this every year, and every year I don’t do it - caramel coated onions

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Wish I had seen this thread sooner, when I went good shopping I saw two chocolate Santas and some Easter eggs in the food donation bins for the homeless.

Wish I had taken a picture, those Santas had to be at least a year old.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

MuskyFlavor posted:

They never turn out how they are pictured though.

week-after-halloween pumpkin shape (Tm)

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

LadyPictureShow posted:

(On both counts!)

Oh I cover the downstairs completely. Wreaths inside and out on the front doors, cauldron candles, cauldron that makes fog for by the fireplace. Candles everywhere. Skulls as centerpieces and in those canister things I can’t remember the name of. Bring out my Halloween dishes and cups. Basically anything in the family room and kitchen gets a makeover.

Obviously pumpkins on the porch. I change out the doormat.

On Halloween itself I’ll have luminaries with tea light flameless candles lining our driveway.

I’d start decorating earlier but my husband and I agreed on September 1.

There is more but that’s off the top of my head.

Oh! Fabric pumpkins and assorted Knick knacks.

I’m a touch obsessed.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

drat, you make my Halloween decorating sound like crap, lol.

My current extent is basically just stuff I've bought at Target over the years. Some of those fabrics birds, a couple little figurines that light up and play music, a few tea light holders, some string lights. I still have a couple of plastic tumblers my mother got for me like, a decade ago.

I start putting stuff up one at a time in various locations to see how long it takes someone to notice.

Once I finally stop living in apartments, nothing will stop me!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

yippeekiyaymf posted:

Oh I cover the downstairs completely. Wreaths inside and out on the front doors, cauldron candles, cauldron that makes fog for by the fireplace. Candles everywhere. Skulls as centerpieces and in those canister things I can’t remember the name of. Bring out my Halloween dishes and cups. Basically anything in the family room and kitchen gets a makeover.

Obviously pumpkins on the porch. I change out the doormat.

On Halloween itself I’ll have luminaries with tea light flameless candles lining our driveway.

I’d start decorating earlier but my husband and I agreed on September 1.

There is more but that’s off the top of my head.

Oh! Fabric pumpkins and assorted Knick knacks.

I’m a touch obsessed.

....are you my wife?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Bunch of satanic cult worshipping itt

MuskyFlavor
Aug 21, 2019
Everyday is Halloween in Halloween Town.
I'd go there.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Boogyin' down with Satan ITT.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Goons, I've found it! The Halloween decoration that deserves to stay up year-round!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

One of my Halloween memories is my dad carving a goatse pumpkin.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

halloween is the big season at my current job (hoping to be done with it way before halloween though... never again please) and I've already brought so much decor and poo poo home

I have a nice collection of rats and skulls, mostly. found a new rat this year. september 1st and everything is gonna come out :twisted:

I think I was setting some fall/thanksgiving stuff at the beginning of august at work, and then we started on halloween shortly after.

Mr.Pip
Jun 17, 2011
The grocery stores I would shop at were bullshit for Halloween. They would put out all the decorations and candy in September, but by mid October it would all be gone and replaced with Christmas stuff.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Holy loving gently caress I love halloween

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

Pumpkin Suckin Lips

I can't get over this

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

gey muckle mowser posted:

halloweeen can never come too early

:same:

Although seeing a billboard a week or two ago with "HALLOWEEN STORE COMING SEPTEMBER 1" was a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Holy loving gently caress I love halloween