Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

Hello and welcome 2 this week on Bob Vila's presents This Old post where I, bob vila, help you fix up ur posts with modernity, mature experience know-how, and a bit of shiplap whatever that is.

How does This Old Post work? Well it works on you and by that i mean you offering up your posts that are, as you might said, je ne c'est good (they are bad) and us working together to improve it and make some friends along the way.

To show you just the type of improvement levels you can expect, on today's show we're going to unveil a recent bee eater post renovation we've been working on in secret for the past 10-20 min. The first, the post in question:

yeesh what a mess! Out of touch and encouraging bad habits (vibing), now let me show you what i managed 2 whip up:

warm, shiplapped, and homey, another success store and a good save from an otherwise embarrassing post history don't look it up plz and thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

lol

Heather Papps

hello friend

well see most people think of mike holmes these days, that is the first issue with this post

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

nut

Heather Papps posted:

well see most people think of mike holmes these days, that is the first issue with this post

Hoo boy this one was a doozy. I took ur post back to the team and we had a real thinker about it and we came up with this--the problem with this post was...the words. the words you typed were the problem and, as always, a complete disregard for monetizing that generous internet real estate SA provides with each and every post. With that problem identified, it only took a couple tweaks to conjur up seomthing we know ur gonna love

crowd: MOVE THAT BUS MOVE THAT BUS

*the bus moves revealing ur new post you cry we cry ty pennington cries*

Manifisto

this post is definitely in need of a major renovation, what was this dude thinking

ty nesamdoom!

Goons Are Gifts

Heather Papps

hello friend

gosh drat you beautiful bastard, you did it

nut

Manifisto posted:

this post is definitely in need of a major renovation, what was this dude thinking

manifisto u've done so much for me, so much for the community, it is time for me, and for the community, to did something 4 u.

e: in my original post i overshadowed some of the post basics that really need some attention, like post dates, quote buttons, the accourtrements that we often overlook because they r at the bottom of the post. so Lowe's offered to chip in 20 dollars so that i could surgically attach the bottom of a post to yours. thank u lowes

now i get a lot of flak (from the academy) that my makeovers rely heavily on tricks, smokes, mirrors, gifs, so for this one i thought i'd keep it simple, harken to an earlier time, a simpler time, an america time. Notice the rustic themes of america, rock, roll and 69 and 420. a patriotic side table to rest ur weary arm on after a long day of posting and, well, the rest just sorta speaks for itself dont it

Manifisto

bee eater posted:

manifisto u've done so much for me, so much for the community, it is time for me, and for the community, to did something 4 u.

e: in my original post i overshadowed some of the post basics that really need some attention, like post dates, quote buttons, the accourtrements that we often overlook because they r at the bottom of the post. so Lowe's offered to chip in 20 dollars so that i could surgically attach the bottom of a post to yours. thank u lowes

now i get a lot of flak (from the academy) that my makeovers rely heavily on tricks, smokes, mirrors, gifs, so for this one i thought i'd keep it simple, harken to an earlier time, a simpler time, an america time. Notice the rustic themes of america, rock, roll and 69 and 420. a patriotic side table to rest ur weary arm on after a long day of posting and, well, the rest just sorta speaks for itself dont it

:911::patriot::911::patriot::911::patriot::911::patriot::911::patriot::911:

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 22, 2019

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Escape From Noise

Any hope for this one Mr. Vila?

nut

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Any hope for this one Mr. Vila?

Well of course there is willy rollbar. The hardest step is always askin for help. This week, we were thinking outside the box or

*turns to the camera*

outside of the post. So we went next level hype beast and stocked ur post up with the fittest, the grittest, the mittest pieces from all the top hit makers like whoever made that hat and gucci slides inc. we sharpened ur edge by piercing your linebreak an irresponsible number of times and gave u what we like to call the Goro Flex on half.

SweetWillyRollbar, take your blindfold off and look into the post mirror of the internet turn ur monitor on

BUT WAWIT, don't touch that dial i swear to god don't, because, now that i look at things, I feel like we here at this old post could do more, we're aren't the T.O.P. for nothing. So we asked Dial Soap to send up some money and they did and we maybe told them that you're a child in a hospital that but we got 800 USD to send your post, with all of its new positive vibe aura to summer in IBITHA ibiza whatever!

Manifisto

lol

ty nesamdoom!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

bee eater posted:

Well of course there is willy rollbar. The hardest step is always askin for help. This week, we were thinking outside the box or

*turns to the camera*

outside of the post. So we went next level hype beast and stocked ur post up with the fittest, the grittest, the mittest pieces from all the top hit makers like whoever made that hat and gucci slides inc. we sharpened ur edge by piercing your linebreak an irresponsible number of times and gave u what we like to call the Goro Flex on half.

SweetWillyRollbar, take your blindfold off and look into the post mirror of the internet turn ur monitor on

BUT WAWIT, don't touch that dial i swear to god don't, because, now that i look at things, I feel like we here at this old post could do more, we're aren't the T.O.P. for nothing. So we asked Dial Soap to send up some money and they did and we maybe told them that you're a child in a hospital that but we got 800 USD to send your post, with all of its new positive vibe aura to summer in IBITHA ibiza whatever!

Goons Are Gifts

bee eater posted:

*turns to the camera*

Escape From Noise

bee eater posted:

*turns to the camera*

It's... beautiful!:911:

Heather Papps

hello friend

since your improvements the taxes on my posts have skyrocketed help

nut

Heather Papps posted:

since your improvements the taxes on my posts have skyrocketed help

An emergency reno for my good friend papps? With how much he's done for the community? of course the community does back.

*camera changes to shot of me looking off in the ditsnace ove the cameraman's shoulder* i always knew i was good, heck i knew i was the best, but i never thought about the downside of all this power that these hands contain in making a post not only good, but better. We were facing a real challenge but im a real challenged man.

Now HP, we don't want to interfere with the content of your posts, it's clear they ahve become stellar, leading to these severe tax issues. And as i have always said on this old post, when content aint the problem, CONTEXT (content with an x) is. I've made some calls 2 the provinicial government and,s tarting from now onward, i've arranged to have all of ur posts stationed as a sunset-facing branch of a Quality Inn in Winkler, Manitoba ur welcome please here's a kleenex i know we did it.

Now normally this is where the story ends, i put on a home hardware shirt pose for the camera and u cry behind me, happy at ur new posts and life. little did i know *piano fades in* that this was just the beginning of our problems.

During the move i noticed something about ur posts, HP. After handling each one i found my palms to be slimy and slick. With a quick call to my friends and urs at National Geographic and Sons, we had ur posts appraised geologically only to find out they contain a rich and thick deposit of crude oil. a reservoir vast enough to power a small nation like Java the island not talking about coffee as an energy metaphor.

When i rushed back to Winkler to deliver the news to the crew, it turns out the news travelled fast than bob vila legs. Big Oil was here and they were ready 2 tap ur posts for all that oil

Now normally this is where the story ends, i overlooked a small but increasingly important detail and ur posts get fracked to hecked. But i couldn't do it, I had to T.O.P. my way out of this. So i reached out to my brands and sponsors and told them hey lets dig deep this is HP have u seen HP posting, he is an integral part of the byob community and a reason to f5 and are u gonna sit there and let that be mined until there is just a rocky husk left and, with a twinkle in her eye, Mrs. Home Depot stood up and said no i will not i will not take it anymore. After checking her finacnes, she agreed to, get ready for this, donate the homeless man who collects the carts outside of their branch in Vaughn, Ontario to protest around the clock and ensure none of that sweet energy leaves your posts. we did it again thank god, me, bob vila, and coming up next is a ki mpossible marathon don't touch that switch

Heather Papps

hello friend

for a moment i thought, this hillbilly is going to move to beverly. sigh. i trust you, and your efforts, but the wheels of capitalism grind the best of us into a fine powder.

Escape From Noise

Bob, how do you feel about Steve Thomas? Are you two on good terms?

nut

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Bob, how do you feel about Steve Thomas? Are you two on good terms?

Steve and I are great friends! Some out there say i was a little reluctant to move on but they have no clue what they are talking about--and hey, I couldn't leave the show in better hands ha ha!

Heather Papps

hello friend

so the mayor called and said now they pay ME taxes?

you old dog what did you do?

nut

I'm reviving this old and dead thread for the SS ik challenge.

That being said, our project will be to create the single greatest post we can, but we need to start somewhere so please let me know if you have any posts that could use sprucing up.

Escape From Noise

Bob Vila of Home Improvement with Tim Allen?

take the moon

by sebmojo
could you improve my last post in the chat thread? I'm not sure it's maximalisting All the good vibe s it could b e

here

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

nut

take the moon posted:

could you improve my last post in the chat thread? I'm not sure it's maximalisting All the good vibe s it could b e

here

ur post is already good a powerful canvas for us to paint our intentions for the day on but ur post is not of-the-day (a la salle in french/latin) and honestly is being wildly irresponsible in these trying times first we fix

Now that ur post is "above board" as we like to say in the field, we can address ur initial concern about the vibes not being good enough strong enough and here in b.y.o.b. that is easy to fix

here's ur post rippin' didge for a sold out standing room only crowd at the met

Escape From Noise

Could you fix this post that I'm posting right now. It feels like it's maybe missing something. TIA Bob!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Oh my God I remember I wanted to goldmine this thread back then but it was even before I became ik and then forgot about it, which now proves lucky!
Can you improve my post that made SS IK? I feel like I doubled down too much on the Australian part and should have included even more references but I don't know much about culture
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3922008&pagenumber=1&perpage=40