Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Apocron posted:

Scrapyard
How did Biomecha pick you out from the crowd? Do they have informants? Scouts, did someone sell you out?

I don't got a lot of evidence but do I have a couple of theories. Least likely is that they have a network of infiltrators inside the government agencies that register Quirks and they keep an eye on kids who who might develop something relevant to their interests. I figure that's not likely because these clowns are loudmouths, and would make terrible spies. More likely is that someone in organized crime wanted to either put pressure on Dad (what? he owns a junkyard! our family not being mobbed up is the surprise.) or wanted to do a favor for BioMecha to borrow some of their muscle and pointed me out. Most likely is...uh, kind of embarrassing. I did a TubeTube challenge for a gaming stream when I was like 13 where I ate a motorcycle to show off. This was before we learned that my Quirk was more than just the eating, but it was still on social media and honestly I'd be surprised if the whole thing wasn't a setup to find kids like me from the start.

Apocron posted:

Has there ever been a time where you used your strength when words would have been more appropriate?

I mean, yeah. A few. Probably a notable one was when I jumped the courier Phoenix Academy sent to deliver my invitation to join the school because I thought he was coming to attack me. In my defense they were pretty suspicious looking. Luckily they were pretty understanding and also tough enough to survive being kicked through a wall. Never did get their name, but I guess I'll run in to them again if they work for the Academy, in Support or whatever

Editors note: PA does not employ a courier service for deliveries of this nature, all correspondence is sent via the Post Office. The Post Office has no record of this employee or the incident.

Apocron posted:

Who’s out of your league but you would like to test your might against?

De Oro, obviously! He's a top 10 hero with a mysterious past and identity, all we know about his quirk is that it makes him able to fight crazy powerful villains and come out looking smooth as silk! My pet theory is that he's got some kind of adaptive transformation, but it could be anything! I'd just love to find out what makes him so good, and the best way to do that would be to rumble. Even if I got thrashed the experience would rock!

quote:

We found signs that this incident was just the start of something bigger. What were the signs?

I got left out of the actual exercise because the safety committee (which includes Professor Pine, and I smell her floral essence all over this decision) ruled I was too likely to cause 'inadvertent harm' due to my 'improperly monitored Quirk development' which is absolute crap, all my harm is completely vertent. Mostly it's a shame because I would have loved to throw down with Steelfist, he seems like just the sort of creep BioMecha like even if he doesn't claim to be a member. Anyway I was working out my frustration on some training drones when one of the damaged ones started acting real weird, shadowboxing and acting completely off the normal programming. When we checked the tapes later it was exactly mimicking Steelfist's movements, and the damage I'd inflicted had allowed the network connection to receive signal bleed from somewhere else. So that's a mystery.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Sep 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
The Club

Lodestar (Taeko Suzuki), Sunbeam (Morgan McCray), Recluse (Charlie Hing), Glass Heart (Karla Gladney), Scrapyard (Kelly Smith)

Other Students

100%, Jack of All Trades (Jacqueline "Jackie" Dunkelman), Morgan Reese, Peacemaker, Bounceback

Staff

Principal Hellbinder, Grey Symphony, Black Iron Bulwark, Miss Jones, Professor Otis, Li'l Adam, Bear Arms, Professor Pine

Superheroes

Lodestar - Retired (Kaga Suzuki), Kindling, Chevalier, Oversight, Minuteman, Captain Bison, Flame-Jumper, Ballet Mistress, De Oro

Villains

Severed Strings, Steelfist, Tonka, Klaws, Arc-Flash

Civilians

Taizo Suzuki, Captain Gordon, Hannah Hale, ???

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Influence!

quote:

Recluse (Charlie Hing) is your love. You’ve opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.

Man, I thought I got a raw deal from creepy doctors...I mean I did, no fooling, but the bug was born with his body trying to kill him and his only shot at getting saved was the same kind of jerk that cut me open for laughs. Don't know that I'd like to have to say I owed BioMecha anything like that. Well, at least we can bond over both being weird looking and absurdly strong.

quote:

Lodestar (Taeko Suzuki) is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

Hey woah just because we democratically elected you leader of our little club doesn't mean I'm gonna do what you say. Super mind control powers and cool grandads don't count for much out on the mean streets.