Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

A LOVELY LAD posted:

Hey,

I've just spotted this in my humble library, anyone know if its the full recent version I've got?

Apparently the Humble version from a while back is a much older, limited version of the game, so - probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

HopperUK posted:

Apparently the Humble version from a while back is a much older, limited version of the game, so - probably not.

Ok, I thought that might be the case, I'll buy the new one once the backlog is a bit clearer :v:

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

My sorting system from before ran into major problems when it came to bulk storage around 174 products.
The game is super fun and im looking forward to stream lining some sorting systems more runs.
The time lapse from my first warehouse:
edit: fixed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMUsyOalavg

Monowhatever fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 3, 2019

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

If I publish my timelapse, I'm gonna have to edit out the pauses, because I spend several minutes every stock take just staring at the map, thinking about new solutions.

Edit: content!

Switched from pulling stuff up front to pushing stuff back. Easier to stock the shelves that way.

And what I really want from a future update is the ability to paint the floors. Just something really simple. Let me draw a line straight down the warehouse vertically that lets me know when a row is extending into my sorting space, and horizontal lines that tells me at a glance if goods is extending more than four spaces

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 3, 2019

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I realized way too late that my warehouse redesign wasn't going to work until I knocked out a few pillars, and maybe not even then, but it's too late, it's half finished and I was like, oh, to hell with it, let's just go and man, do not try to play with a half-transitioned warehouse.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

You know, playing this really makes me wish there was a hardcore grognad warehouse simulator out there. Scores of hypermodern forklifts and other vehicles with advanced features, detailed planning of delivery schedules to ensure the quality of refrigerated products. Eventually you get to automate the warehouse, and you have to deal with the logistics of all that... I think it could be good.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Company I work at makes this type of game, but it will cost you tens of thousands of dollars.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I'm super jealous of my engineer friend because she gets to use this super expensive design software/hardware with a special chair and a bunch of joysticks, and apparently it's super fun if you're a bit of a nerd in the first place.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I have a head design document about a management sim focused on discrete manufacturing and warehousing with attention to flow of info to simulate all the cool stuff you can get with digital management systems vs a page running production orders around.

I mostly just fantasize about it because I have neither the design chops to write the document or the programming chops to prototype it.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

How the hell is my brain storing the locations of over 130 object types, and growing? What price am I paying for that? Shall I forget the name of my daughter? The face of my father?

My system is four columns of long rows of boxes, roughly grouped by icon category, with 2 or 4 wide alleys between them to allow access. The occasional bulk delivery will go into a dead space near the walls.

vedicardi
Oct 17, 2012
to all of the people here not sorting by color: shine on you crazy diamond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I sorted my warehouse by color and couldn't find anything and I haven't played since :smith: