Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

I don't live in America so you're lucky I even give a gently caress.

Bitch we have enough people clogging up traffic staring at the car accident, but thank you for your consideration in the matter, Mr. Brexit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

VikingSkull posted:

do you think there has been a mass shooting nearly every day in the US, and if so, where do you think they mostly occur

By using the definition of mass shooting, I'd say there's probably close to 1 or 2 per day. Mostly in inner-cities, in low-income, high-crime areas.

A school shooting, mall shooting, K-Mart shooting, Home Depot shooting, loving garlic festival shooting etc is probably closer to 1-2 per month, I'd wager.

We're talking about the latter in this thread. So, what the gently caress is your galaxy brain point exactly?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

We're talking about the latter in this thread. So, what the gently caress is your galaxy brain point exactly?

That you only started to give a gently caress when the media-approved killings started getting released to the public.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

By using the definition of mass shooting, I'd say there's probably close to 1 or 2 per day. Mostly in inner-cities, in low-income, high-crime areas.

A school shooting, mall shooting, K-Mart shooting, Home Depot shooting, loving garlic festival shooting etc is probably closer to 1-2 per month, I'd wager.

is your super school stabbings-only country supposed to be england

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bhangraton posted:

A majority of firearms used in crime in Chicago and many other cities in states with strong gun control laws, can be reliably traced back to FFLs in states with weak gun control laws, based on years of ATF research, so yea

sorry, we aren't talking about those shootings

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, the fact that the gun industry has to pour millions into telling consumers that guns aren't the problem and bribing politicians to not act on gun control should be a very big red flag.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

VikingSkull posted:

do you think there has been a mass shooting nearly every day in the US, and if so, where do you think they mostly occur
~the crime gene~ strikes again

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Like, all shootings are bad, virtually every use of a firearm in the US is unnecessary. But the right doesn't care because the point only gets brought up after every shooting as if there haven't been more mass shootings this year than days in the year.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

my point is that suggesting ways to deal with gun crime that don't address the actual majority of instances is pretty loving stupid

let's ban handguns and improve economic opportunity in the inner cities and then go from there

e- lol oh poo poo I just realized I'm not even arguing with an American, whatever country you're in probably has its own issues and I don't give two shits about what they are or how you solve them

VikingSkull fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 2, 2019

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"there's nnno way we could h-have prevented this" - brain genius magachuds

Odessa shooter's neighbor says he once threatened her with a rifle

I don't live in America so you're lucky I even give a gently caress. The worst we have here are stabbings.

Yes people killed in random drive-bys by accident is terrible. This current topic is about dozens of people being gunned down at a Piggly Wiggly though. Two separate issues, two completely different causes, two completely different solutions. gently caress off.

thank god www is here to give a gently caress

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TenementFunster posted:

~the crime gene~ strikes again

It always comes down to that for them

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Who What Now posted:

god forbid someone points out that the inner cities need help to increase their opportunity and decrease the levels of violence

truly a right wing opinion

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
this thread basically only exists for elitist liberals to hand wring about white people dying, which is why there was no thread about the mass shooting in Mobile

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yes, I'm sure you just want to :airquote:help:airquote: them. You definitely care and aren't just using them to score political points.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
at least I'm talking about them, you're comfortable just ignoring the problem and wishing that more cops got shot

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Again, I live in a city that has these problems, and have neighbors with family and loved ones that have suffered from this poo poo. For years. Only now do people loving care, and of course that observation is shunted off as chud speak, as if it couldn't be more ironic.

Starting from cities would absolutely be the best move, but that doesn't make you personally feel safer, does it?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

VikingSkull posted:

at least I'm talking about them, you're comfortable just ignoring the problem and wishing that more cops got shot

More cops getting shot would actually be a huge improvement for those communities.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Who What Now posted:

More cops getting shot would actually be a huge improvement for those communities.

My dude you're a markov chain that regurgitates a couple talking points ad nauseum and have never had a thought of your own that wasn't fed to you 100% by someone smarter. Maybe try to bring something to the room instead of being the beige wallpaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

RandomPauI posted:

Like, all shootings are bad, virtually every use of a firearm in the US is unnecessary. But the right doesn't care because the point only gets brought up after every shooting as if there haven't been more mass shootings this year than days in the year.

brb, gonna go punch this deer to death.