Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Noob Saibot posted:

I didn’t make up anything and didn’t make any claim. I was asking a question and speculating

What the gently caress

Look at it this way: the devil doesn't need free advocating, especially in a shitstorm so varied and textured as this. Fucker's got enough money to afford plenty of advocates on his own.

disposablewords fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Noob Saibot posted:

Why don’t you go advocate for real change instead of crying on an internet message board and attacking me. I was being civil and I’m on the side of the employees not that I give a poo poo what you think

I also like how I’m “making poo poo up” because thinking there could be a reason outside of the narrative inside your head is too scary to contemplate
Why would you tell people to go outside instead of arguing on an internet forum, when you yourself are arguing on that same forum instead of going outside? What makes someone who disagrees with you more of a poster? Why is it that people not agreeing with you requires they be delusional?

edit: in fact the overwhelming majority of your posts seem to be complaining about how other people most.

Terrible Opinions fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 16, 2021

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Noob Saibot posted:

Why don’t you go advocate for real change instead of crying on an internet message board and attacking me. I was being civil and I’m on the side of the employees not that I give a poo poo what you think

I also like how I’m “making poo poo up” because thinking there could be a reason outside of the narrative inside your head is too scary to contemplate

they probably should have given the woman who was just the head of a studio that released a good, successful, well-received game and made Acti a bunch of money with Skylanders the same as some dude from Microsoft

Especially if your company has a history of underpaying women

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Little posting tip: if at any point you find yourself typing "devil's advocate, but..." about unequal pay, sexual harassment, and/or assault in the goddamn #MeToo thread, reconsider.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/DiscordianKitty/status/1460694570103103492?t=3wN8KxNvMxdGG_j5u_PCWw&s=19

Soooo Kotick was the one who wrote the initial disasterous email when the lawsuit first happened, he just made Fran send it to save his own rear end apparently

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Mr. Fortitude posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscordianKitty/status/1460694570103103492?t=3wN8KxNvMxdGG_j5u_PCWw&s=19

Soooo Kotick was the one who wrote the initial disasterous email when the lawsuit first happened, he just made Fran send it to save his own rear end apparently

IN

CREDIBLE

e: also, solid avatar/post combo

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The best part was later when he released a statement deriding the email he made her send as tone deaf

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I've lost track of which all threads I've lol'd about that in, but yes, he

- Wrote an email
- Told the leader of the internal "women's advocacy" group to send it with her name on it
- Publically disavowed it as himself as "tone deaf" when it went over like a lead balloon

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 16, 2021

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Kotick's ability to somehow embody like every toxic dipshit guy quality ever is incredible

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Given his connections I would take that death threat from Bobby Kotick super loving seriously.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Fuckin grinds my gears that people are still calling this rear end in a top hat "Bobby", like he's the little prince of his wickle world. Fuckin "Robert" please when you're talking about a abusive billionaire, thanks media

Also retire, bitch

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

A Big... Dog posted:

Fuckin grinds my gears that people are still calling this rear end in a top hat "Bobby", like he's the little prince of his wickle world. Fuckin "Robert" please when you're talking about a abusive billionaire, thanks media

Also retire, bitch

Good news, early retirement is probably about as close to justice as this guy is gonna get.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I fuckin hate ZeRo, man. What a ghoul. And the Technicals guy who keeps exploiting these horroshows for clout and ad revenue is truly the Ben Shapiro of Smash Bros.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Need to launch a loving knee-breaking, put the fear of worker action into these fucks

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I've lost track of which all threads I've lol'd about that in, but yes, he

- Wrote an email
- Told the leader of the internal "women's advocacy" group to send it with her name on it
- Publically disavowed it as himself as "tone deaf" when it went over like a lead balloon

What’s the over under on whether he dictated the board of directors email too?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Lawlicaust posted:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lawlicaust posted:

This is beside the point but dude that is not what over under means

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Noob Saibot posted:

Devils advocate but couldn’t it be that the guy has more seniority and experience and she’s new to the role?

At my job I’m paid less than some other people in the same position because I’m new to the role.

You've been raked over the coals for this (rightly) but to answer your question under the guise that you're legitimately asking it:

Hypothetically, it's possible for the pay to be unequal between two individuals due to differing seniority. However, when that winds up extending to entire classes of employees based on their race or gender, the problem obviously runs deeper, and Activision-Blizzard's issues with compensating women are well-known at this point. Moreover, Jennifer Oneal has significantly more seniority with Activision than Mike Ybarra does (she was from Vicarious Visions, Mike was from Microsoft), and they had both been studio heads for about the same amount of time prior to running Blizzard together (which happened at the same time, so it's not like Mike had been head of the studio any longer than Jen). Which pretty much renders the hypothetical situation moot anyway: we don't need to guess either of their contributions to the company because their careers have been open books for a couple decades, and it would have been pretty simple for you to look them up.

So in effect, this is like a previously-successful actress suddenly being run out of Hollywood by Harvey Weinstein and asking "well, was she difficult to work with?" Some actors are legitimately difficult to work with, but this is one of those cases where it's just safer to assume management pulled some awful bullshit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DoctorWhat posted:

I fuckin hate ZeRo, man. What a ghoul. And the Technicals guy who keeps exploiting these horroshows for clout and ad revenue is truly the Ben Shapiro of Smash Bros.
wut

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

ZeRo is a guy who won a bunch of Smash 4 tournaments, then it came out that he groomed a 14 year old online. Now he's getting rehabbed on Twitter by people who say that it's legal in some states.

edit: had the age wrong, the post below has way more info

Dieting Hippo fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 17, 2021

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

ZeRo is a Smash player, Streamer etc. who confessed to asking a 14-year-old for explicit pictures when he was 19 years old.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sraama

Here is Katie's twitlonger with chatlogs
https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sra87v

Now some guy who fancies himself the "Ben Shapiro of the smash community" is trying to rehab him by helping him do takedown videos about the two other people that accused him of among other things sexual harassment.

Here is Jisu's post(the main person):https://bit.ly/3gpNy8k

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 17, 2021

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The Blizzard/Activision discussion seems to be happening over in this thread.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

truly the Ben Shapiro of Smash Bros.

Thread title material.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://twitter.com/CapcomFighters/status/1464914452466126849

absolutely any abuser can ride absolutely anything out long enough and be fine if it even takes that, and if it does, they wont have to ride much

CesspoolofHatred
Apr 3, 2017
Necrobumping with a very important update for the Avellone SLAPP suit

Appeals court is kicking it back to the trial judge with explicit instructions to dismiss the suit against his accuser and have her recover her costs for the mandate proceeding from him

Link to appeals docket here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Well, that sounds like the ruling expected last year. I guess Avellone will have to content himself with getting mad with people on Twitter who he's convinced are Amber Heard.