Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Back in the dawn of my youth, one of the highlights of the summer would be the yearly arrival of a new Childcraft book in the mail. At some point my parents were suckered into buying a subscription to these books and it was always kind of cool when it showed up once a year.

These are the ones we had.

Most of the time it would be an awesome book like this.

But sometimes the book would eat poo poo, like the Childcraft Guide for Parents.

Maybe it would be funny to see what kind of Childcraft books you guys could come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
So are there crafts in there or not?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I have a ton of books like this! My favorite is one from the 50s called "What Can I Do Now, Mother?" and it's basically how to get your kids to construct things out of paraffin wax and tin cans while you, ostensibly Mother, do chores in a house with no electricity. Apparently the electrical grid was not as solid as it is these days or people didn't have electricity or something because most of the crafts are introduced as ones you can do during a power outage.

Also, these types of books always assume everyone just has cigar boxes and, like, jute rope just lying around the house.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I was always so bummed when I got my hands on old DIY stuff for "kids". Yes of course my father has sheet metal and spare motor parts lying around. After I assemble those, I'll just walk on down to the haberdasher for some of the felt scraps I'll need in step 2.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

I.C. posted:

I have a ton of books like this! My favorite is one from the 50s called "What Can I Do Now, Mother?" and it's basically how to get your kids to construct things out of paraffin wax and tin cans while you, ostensibly Mother, do chores in a house with no electricity. Apparently the electrical grid was not as solid as it is these days or people didn't have electricity or something because most of the crafts are introduced as ones you can do during a power outage.

Also, these types of books always assume everyone just has cigar boxes and, like, jute rope just lying around the house.

It's kind of funny to see how some stuff written in those books has been proven wrong since then.

font color sea
Jan 23, 2017

Expelliarmus!
World of Childcraft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.