Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
UFC is back in the Middle East for UFC 242. This is a PPV card, so don't ask for streams in the thread, ya dinguses.

Here's the rundown:

Main Card - ESPN+ PPV, 2PM ET

Lightweight Title Unification - Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov (27-0, 11-0 UFC) vs Dustin "The Diamond" Poirier (25-5 1NC, 17-4 1NC UFC)

Khabib Nurmagomedov is the reigning, defending, undisputed UFC lightweight champion, a man who has never lost an officially recorded round in the UFC, and has walloped the two common opponents he has with Poirier. Utilizing a grappling style akin to a mauling bear, Khabib has SMESH'd his opponents when he's been active. Injuries, weight management issue, and outside the cage activities have limited Khabib, having fought just 6 times since April 2014.

Dustin Poirier's climb to the top has been a long and winding path, with several setbacks. However, a moves to lightweight and American Top Team, and the decision to stop shaving his head has paid off for the Lafayette, Louisiana native. Dustin has gone 9-1 1NC at 155 pounds in the UFC. Initially a brawler with good submissions, Dustin's boxing has improved drastically since his first bouts under the Zuffa banner. His patience and head defense have looked very impressive, as he no longer runs face first into punches, and has survived firefights with heavy handed strikers like Eddie Alvarez and Justin Gaethje, coming out on top in both bouts.

Khabib won the belt in an unexpected bout with Al Iaquinta after the complete disaster that was UFC 223. He's defended against Conor McGregor and Dillon Danis in the same night, winning both fights with ease. Serving a suspension for attacking a non-fighting civilian in Danis, Khabib has returned to defend his old gold belt. Poirier, riding a 5 fight unbeaten streak (A no-contest isn't a loss, besides he won the rematch), stepped in to take on Max Holloway for the interim title in April. Poirier won the fight and the new, weird title, and now looks to cash that in for the real deal.

Lightweight - Edson "Junior" Barboza (20-7, 14-7 UFC) vs Paul "The Irish Dragon" Felder (16-4, 8-4 UFC)

This is a rematch between two good strikers, who first met in 2015. It resulted in Felder's first loss, and he despite the jovial attitude both have displayed during the Embedded series, Paul wants to avenge that defeat.

Lightweight - Islam Makhachev (17-1, 6-1 UFC) vs Davi "The Tazmanian Devil" Ramos (10-2, 4-1 UFC)

Makhachev is a combat sambo guy and Ramos is a BJJ dude, so expect these two talented grapplers to have a tepid kickboxing match.

Heavyweight - Curtis "Razor" Blaydes (11-2 1NC, 6-2 1NC UFC) vs Shamil Abdurakhimov (20-4, 5-2 UFC)

Beef boyz collide! Curtis is a wrestler, Shamil is a sanshou/kickboxing guy.

Lightweight - Maribek "Beckan" Taisumov (27-5, 7-1 UFC) vs Carlos Diego Ferreira (15-2, 6-2 UFC)

I am legitimately surprised at these dudes' UFC records. I've seen em and can barely remember anything about them (Other than that Poirier whomped Ferreira). This could be decent? :shrug:

Prelims - F/X Network, 12PM ET

Things of note here: Jojo is cool and Andrea Lee's ex-husband is a turd. Zubaira is off suspension for his role in the UFC 229 incident. Other than that, uhh, i dunno

Early Prelims - ESPN+ & Fight Pass, 10:15AM ET

I like Belal Muhammed, and I vaguely remember some of the other folks here, but again, I don't know and I decided to make this GDT last minute so let me just post this so it's up before the prelims officially start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU