Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I like Johnathan apples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kazak posted:

When will it end

Sorry, I'm tremendously stupid. I think I understand this comic but could sum1 help me tks

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Smythe posted:

Sorry, I'm tremendously stupid. I think I understand this comic but could sum1 help me tks

fruits and veggies have a beef/vendetta and the fruits were defacing the veggies' car with a reference to how in fruits seeds are contained within but for veggies that is not the case, but the veggies come back and the other fruits run away but the fruit doing the defacing doesn't notice, so the veggies beat that fruit up. it's sort of a commentary on how fruits and veggies don't like each other

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mozi posted:

fruits and veggies have a beef/vendetta and the fruits were defacing the veggies' car with a reference to how in fruits seeds are contained within but for veggies that is not the case, but the veggies come back and the other fruits run away but the fruit doing the defacing doesn't notice, so the veggies beat that fruit up. it's sort of a commentary on how fruits and veggies don't like each other

I c. Tks

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Big papple fan

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I evangelize re: papples to anyone who will hear it. I'm the papple pontiff

DoorMatt
Dec 14, 2007
Watch The Nose
Wow red delicious really are apple shaped trashballs. I haven't bought apples in years but went out and grabbed some of those pink lady's or whatever they're called. I didn't know apples could taste so good. I've wasted so much time. :negative:

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I work in a state prison and they serve the inmates Red Delicious apples that are the shittiest fruit imaginable, both taste and texture - no wonder everybody hates them now.

I was eating a Honeycrisp the other day and one of the inmates asked me ‘how can you eat those things?’ I told him ‘nah, this ain’t those lovely apples from chow, it’s a Honeycrisp - hear, try this’ - I carved off a chunk(with a plastic knife, it’s prison) and gave it to him.

He almost had tears in his eyes ‘Holy poo poo, that’s fantastic, I thought this place had ruined apples for me but that’s loving tasty’. I told him, ‘yeah, they’re more expensive but worth it’.

Welp, that’s my apple story.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JnnyThndrs posted:

I work in a state prison and they serve the inmates Red Delicious apples that are the shittiest fruit imaginable, both taste and texture - no wonder everybody hates them now.

I was eating a Honeycrisp the other day and one of the inmates asked me ‘how can you eat those things?’ I told him ‘nah, this ain’t those lovely apples from chow, it’s a Honeycrisp - hear, try this’ - I carved off a chunk(with a plastic knife, it’s prison) and gave it to him.

He almost had tears in his eyes ‘Holy poo poo, that’s fantastic, I thought this place had ruined apples for me but that’s loving tasty’. I told him, ‘yeah, they’re more expensive but worth it’.

That’s a prison torture story :smith:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I like the flavor of Granny Smith but they're often too tart, otherwise a good cooking apple. Red delicious has a nice mild flavor and texture suitable for daily eating. So OP as you can see I personally prefer the classics. I find the new flavors they come out with to be very gimmicky compared to the established varieties.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I too, find different types of apples too exotic for my palette and they frighten me.
Plus the 14 hours I spend making GBS threads liquid fire seconds after taking a bite of one.
Please God why do they keep making these demon fruits

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Big Apple strikes again.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

JnnyThndrs posted:

I’m imagining the warden scrutinizing the weekly powerpoint with a chart showing confiscation of cigarettes and meth are way down. Now it’s nothing but honeycrisps turning up in rectal cavity checks.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

no

:hehe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTw6TOfTBpU&t=7s

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Besides the EFF and ACLU, Apple are clearly the last bastion of privacy rights in the digital world, so while you may find buying their gaudy, overpriced and underfeatured phones just a tasteless and conspicuous display of wealth*, I see it as funding the fight for personal freedoms for all people, everywhere. Hopefully one day the poors will thank me for my sacrifice as they enjoy electronic utopia.

* - it is also this.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My local Stop and Shop had Honeycrisps on sale today for $1.88/pound which is dirt cheap for Honeycrisps.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Big Beef City posted:

I too, find different types of apples too exotic for my palette and they frighten me.
Plus the 14 hours I spend making GBS threads liquid fire seconds after taking a bite of one.
Please God why do they keep making these demon fruits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6-JddDUnyY

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
and on a different note

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSrpNqwBNVY

:rock:

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
If you stick an iphone in your rear end, can you sue Apple for rape??

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Mozi posted:

So wait I need you to clarify somewhat; how do veggies reproduce without seeds and don’t say flowers bc I know my fruit trees all flower up so that can’t be it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I bought some pazzazz apples this morning and don't think I've had that varietal before.
Any goon reviews?
I passed over honey crisp for these to try them (also because these were like $2.90/lb and the honey crisp were like $3 goddamn 50)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

So wait I need you to clarify somewhat; how do veggies reproduce without seeds and don’t say flowers bc I know my fruit trees all flower up so that can’t be it

well if you recall, piss is stored in the balls. so what we have here is if you imagine instead of your balls were swinging two ripe big tomatoes, you can think of the seeds being the 'piss' in this situation (being contained within). however if you had like two carrots instead of balls, there would be no piss inside (no seeds, you see). instead the carrot seeds would have been up at the top of the carrot plant - rather like if piss were stored in the hair instead of the balls

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

vegetables still have seeds you nincompoop, what do you think those packets that say 'carrots' and 'lettuce' in the garden centre are for. its just you eat a part of the plant that has no seeds involved., unlike a fruit where they are all up in that business.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

They harvest veggies to eat before they go to seed. Like lettuce will produce a big stalk right up the middle that flowers and produces seeds, but if you tried to eat the leaves at that point, they'd be gross.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
some stuff is ok like carrots but yeah leafy greens get bitter quick

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

New York. City of Apples.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
apples to oranges
dust to dust

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I call apples “reds”. :airquote: also tomatoes but I assume people can tell the difference from the inflection of tone. :shrug:

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I call apples “reds”. :airquote: also tomatoes but I assume people can tell the difference from the inflection of tone. :shrug:

same but only granny smiths

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I think everyone is forgetting that even a red apple is delicious baked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Apple probably spent way more than that in the same time frame covering accidental damage by customers manhandling their expensive products just laying out in the open all over their stores.

If he really wanted to do some damage to Apple he should have like hosed up their fancy tables and video wall.