Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

roarpower posted:

until you want to go on a ride that says you must be 6 foot. Then you are all whan whan.

Nobody wants to ride your mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Do it ironically posted:

Nobody wants to ride your mom

my dad does

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I'm the hippie girl dancing like a wispy fairy directly in front of the speakers.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I do actually feel a little sympathy for the halflings stuck behind me, but it really is kinda great to be able to look out overtop a crowd. I like it so much I reproduced and currently am feeding a 5'10, 13-year old.

We're going to a Ghost concert in October so try to not be behind us, because we won't be slouching. That's just bad posture.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Im 63 and I go right the gently caress to the front of the crowd. Dont like it? Get there before me, homie.

Whats actually the worst is people holding their phones up for more than a couple shots. I saw a dude get his phone snatched and thrown for that poo poo and it was beautiful.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snowy posted:

Im 63 and I go right the gently caress to the front of the crowd. Dont like it? Get there before me, homie.

Whats actually the worst is people holding their phones up for more than a couple shots. I saw a dude get his phone snatched and thrown for that poo poo and it was beautiful.

all right hey yeah

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

roarpower posted:

my dad does

Yea

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Snowy posted:

yeah tho it kinda sucks for the random person somewhere else in the audience getting clocked in the head with a phone

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The Walrus posted:

danforth music hall is a converted theater so the floor is sloped. you get a fun calf workout over a 2 hour show and everyone gets a good view! love that place.

I got really stoned on editables for a show at the Danforth and could not stop focusing on how much my back hurt from standing so weirdly on that loving floor.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Danforth music hall just steps from Danforth and Broadview? Hell yeah

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Being hated for being tall is something that I never considered in my pre-SA life.
Now, that it pops up virtually every few weeks, I wonder if the majority of people feel that way or if it's just goon thing.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Colonel Cancer posted:

Danforth music hall just steps from Danforth and Broadview? Hell yeah

I'll be there for Hobo Johnson in November. Come to that show and take an awkward goon photo then get the gently caress away from me.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

neato burrito posted:

I'm the hippie girl dancing like a wispy fairy directly in front of the speakers.

im the guy with the camping chair set up directly in front of the subwoofer, sucking down balloons

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Jay_Zombie posted:

Being hated for being tall is something that I never considered in my pre-SA life.
Now, that it pops up virtually every few weeks, I wonder if the majority of people feel that way or if it's just goon thing.

I don't hate tall people in general, just when it personally inconveniences me in any way

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jay_Zombie posted:

Imagine owning a biggish truck. Because of SA I know that when people see me driving it, they begin wondering what my penis looks like. It's very disconcerting.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just put a nice bumper sticker saying "I actually have an adequate penis, thanks!" on the back and you'll be fiiine

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I had floor tickets to Five Finger Death Punch (don't ask) and he started doing that thing where he points to sections of the crowd to sing his songs because he evidently cant. He points at the left side they dont do good. He points to the middle they do worse. He walks over and points to the right and directly looks at 6'4" me. I dont know the lyrics so I smile and shrug.

He stops the set right there and goes on a rant about how the floor has no energy and he was a poor idiot kid who only sat in bleacher seats and blah blah. Man gently caress that band.

Anyhow if you are tall and are near the front you get a lot of the artists lookin at ya, admiring your genetics while they jam

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

GORDON posted:

Imagine owning a biggish truck. Because of SA I know that when people see me driving it, they begin wondering what my penis looks like. It's very disconcerting.

They arent wondering, they know.

channel z
Aug 10, 2019

by VideoGames
Being vaguely tall owns in all regards, suck it OP.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

GORDON posted:

dont take it personally i wonder what everyone's penis looks like whether they own a truck or not

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I saw LCD Soundsystem in Mexico City and at 6'1" I was a loving giant and it ruled.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I hate crowds of people or maybe just people in general so I don't go to concerts OP, I'm doing my part to make your experience as enjoyable as possible

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The scale is easy to communicate.

If you have a work truck that has dents, scratches etc and is dirty then no one cares.

If you have a good condition big truck, everyone assumes you have a micro penis.

Not much in between.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Nobody even notices regular trucks. It's the enormous heavy duty and/or dually trucks that are considered ridiculous

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It was my understanding was if a truck wasn't hauling something 24/7, it was unneeded and a micropenis truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

GORDON posted:

I do actually feel a little sympathy for the halflings stuck behind me, but it really is kinda great to be able to look out overtop a crowd. I like it so much I reproduced and currently am feeding a 5'10, 13-year old.

We're going to a Ghost concert in October so try to not be behind us, because we won't be slouching. That's just bad posture.

I was 6'1 at age 13 and I'm still 6'1 at age 39. :( But my dad is like 5'9 and mom is shorter so I'm still a success story clearly.