Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Gazpacho posted:

I'm not inclined to believe that stallman drinks, i think he just eats garbage

it would take a very special diet to produce that physique

like, congenital liver disease PLUS eating six ounces of beef fat three times a day, and also drinking sixty yolks a day like rocky

it is practically impossible without being an alcoholic

liver disease is kind of required to even start the process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
here's a lot easier thing to imagine: stallman is a sad man who has spent decades alone in a one-room "apartment" that is also his office, and he drinks in secret at night and pretends no one can smell it on his breath

in everyone else's view, his b.o. is so overpowering no one wishes to speak closely enough to note his breath

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

imagine being a human garbage pail kid and getting a free ride your whole life tho, its amazing in a way

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

here's a lot easier thing to imagine: stallman is a sad man who has spent decades alone in a one-room "apartment" that is also his office, and he drinks in secret at night and pretends no one can smell it on his breath

in everyone else's view, his b.o. is so overpowering no one wishes to speak closely enough to note his breath

he takes his computer out at dinners with colleagues to do email when nobody is talking to him

edit; someone at the table asks sarcastically "oh I'm sorry would you like us to be quieter for you"? softly, he responds "its ok, there's no sound anyway"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

abigserve posted:

someone at the table asks sarcastically "oh I'm sorry would you like us to be quieter for you"? softly, he responds "its ok, there's no sound anyway"

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

stallmans physique is

a) exactly that of someone who drinks beer multiple times per week. many career alcoholics look like that. thin arms and legs, high firm looking gut, that’s a beer belly friends. the more it looks like they’re doing a hilarious watermelon trick the more likely they are crippled by alcohol problems.
b) the name of my new book

well why not fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Oct 2, 2019

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

well why not posted:

stallmans physique is

a) exactly that of someone who drinks beer multiple times per week. many career alcoholics look like that. thin arms and legs, high firm looking gut, that’s a beer belly friends. the more it looks like they’re doing a hilarious watermelon trick the more likely they are crippled by alcohol problems.
b) the name of my new book

I'm pretty sure I'd start to look like that if I
1) ate like poo poo
2) never shaved and
3) made no attempt to ever exercise

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

TOOT BOOT posted:

Yeah but his expenditures are presumably near-zero, at the very least he should have a mattress somewhere stuffed with enough to rent an apartment

with all the congealed BO and grease would there be space left in rms's mattress for cash

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

he's still getting news coverage over the dumbest poo poo

quote:

Help keep computers unlocked – no "secure boot" that restricts what systems we can run. Truly secure boot means YOU specify what system is allowed to run in your computer.
Help make peripherals safe – no back doors in their embedded software. This applies to keyboards, cameras, disks and memory sticks, since they contain computers and with preinstalled software that can be replaced through a universal back door. Crackers do that, installing malware into them, which becomes an advanced persistent threat. I can explain more if desired.
Publicly take back Microsoft's attacks on copyleft made in the 2000s. Ballmer called the GPL a "cancer". Allchin called it "un-American".
Encourage copylefting of application and library code, maybe even system and tool code.
Direct GitHub to promote correct and clear use of licenses and the best use of copyleft – GPL version 3 or later.
Help fight against copyright on interfaces.
Help make the web usable with JavaScript deactivated.
Implement an anonymous internet sales platform that doesn't require JavaScript, using GNU Taler.
Publish the hardware interface of products such as HoloLens so we can run them without any non-free software. Even if our software is years behind, that will be better than not being able to use these devices at all.
Release the source code of Windows under the GNU GPL.

Microsoft is absolutely right that GPL sucks and is a cancer. MIT and Apache licenses are far better for open source MS code. The rest of the stuff is also just pedantry. "please use my license!"

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Stallman doesn’t drink. If he has a binge drug of choice it’s Pacifica radio

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA