Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The main argument for merging threads is that as goons wisen up and stop giving Bungie money, the goon destiny community shrinks and it can't really keep two threads alive anymore.

The reason it got so messy before is because the mod oversight was nonexistant and a few spicy individuals made it their life's goal to own the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Seriously don’t sleep on resist mods in pve. They are hella strong.

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

Seriously don’t sleep on resist mods in pve. They are hella strong.

I actually am getting to the point where i dislike them because they feel like a mod tax for PVE content. They are far away the best option that it feels like you HAVE to run one of each (minor, major, boss ,concussive) and you can't choose to use the other mods that boost stats.

A bit of effort posting:
Minor/Major/Boss
x1 - 10.00%
x2 - 17.86%
x3 - 23.58%
x4 - 27.16%
x5 - 30.00%

Concussive Dampener
x1 - 15.00%
x2 - 27.75%
x3 - 38.59%
x4 - 47.80%
x5 - 55.63%

Elemental Resists
x1 - 5.00%
x2 - 9.75%
x3 - 14.26%
x4 - 18.55%
x5 - 22.62%

I have seen people make the argument that you really want that x4+ Concussive Dampener sense it works on Boss Stomp, Grenades, Boomer Shots, Hydra shots, and anything else that does splash damage. And a 50 percent reduction is HUGE.

You should probably never use an elemental resist, you will get more bang for your buck using pretty much any other mod. (it still give you more than a resistance mod would though)

anglachel fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 6, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

anglachel posted:

I actually am getting to the point where i dislike them because they feel like a mod tax for PVE content. They are far away the best option that it feels like you HAVE to run one of each (minor, major, boss ,concussive) and you can't choose to use the other mods that boost stats.

A bit of effort posting:
Minor/Major/Boss
x1 - 10.00%
x2 - 17.86%
x3 - 23.58%
x4 - 27.16%
x5 - 30.00%

Concussive Dampener
x1 - 15.00%
x2 - 27.75%
x3 - 38.59%
x4 - 47.80%
x5 - 55.63%

Elemental Resists
x1 - 5.00%
x2 - 9.75%
x3 - 14.26%
x4 - 18.55%
x5 - 22.62%

I have seen people make the argument that you really want that x4+ Concussive Dampener sense it works on Boss Stomp, Grenades, Boomer Shots, Hydra shots, and anything else that does splash damage. And a 50 percent reduction is HUGE.

You should probably never use an elemental resist, you will get more bang for your buck using pretty much any other mod. (it still give you more than a resist mod would though)

That is how that works? I need to do some testing when I get home...

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

That is how that works? I need to do some testing when I get home...

Optimal loadout for general situations is probably 1 each of Minor/Major/Boss, which gives you a flat 10 percent against everything in PVE, and then 2 Concussive Dampener which will give you a stacking 27 percent for a total of a 3rd of damage resistance against a whole lot of stuff.

Also the now deprecated Fallen/Hive knights stack too for another 20 percent. (and they stacked with each other when applicable for when you fight a Taken Hive for 36 percent) Also i forget to mention Striking Light which gives you 25 percent when running.

anglachel fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 6, 2020

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Per Bungie, don't uninstall the game on any platform in spite of needing to re-download everything next week, overwriting files will be faster.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I don't have the SSD space, so I'll be redownloading anyway.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

So the BLARG (That is the Beyond Light Alternate Reality Game for those of you that dislike shorthand) just spat out a bunch of lore words at folks and holy poo poo they are a doozy

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Just got The Chaperone, and i see its got no catalyst slot.
So that things never gonna get masterworked?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Psycho Landlord posted:

So the BLARG (That is the Beyond Light Alternate Reality Game for those of you that dislike shorthand) just spat out a bunch of lore words at folks and holy poo poo they are a doozy

Is there a link where this stuff is getting compiled for those of us with no patience to do arg stuff actually cause I'm stupid?

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Not until it gets a catalyst, no.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Yolomon Wayne posted:

They like to trickle out a catalyst or two per season. It'll get one ... eventually! Maybe next week, maybe 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I want those cowards to give me a Jotuun catalyst already.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

DrNutt posted:

Is there a link where this stuff is getting compiled for those of us with no patience to do arg stuff actually cause I'm stupid?

This is what they've got so far. I live for those hot Clarity Control references.

Pretty sure that they're wrong at the start though, and the entry is written by Clovis not Maya. It's referencing things in his diary, which presumably she wouldn't have read. Also, it just reads like a sociopath wrote it.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Nov 6, 2020

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

POSTING FOR THE FINAL TIME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

new thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3947018