Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Op is a front for the big blimp industry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
guess what a blimp is filled with? that's right - space! so how can you take space into space, it doesn't make sense. that chewbacca lived on endor does not make sense! he is a wookie from kashyyk! you must aquit. thank you

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Breed pigeons on the ISS, put adorable space helmets on them and release them in orbit to do space exploration. Jocks want to send a man to mars, nerds want to send robots, a bird would be a sensible compromise.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Icochet posted:

Breed pigeons on the ISS, put adorable space helmets on them and release them in orbit to do space exploration. Jocks want to send a man to mars, nerds want to send robots, a bird would be a sensible compromise.

foh outta here with your cosmonaut centrism

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think a blimp will work in space. It's too cold so all the hot air will freeze

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Blimpie makes submarine sandwiches, which raises another great idea, we should make blimps that also work as submarines. If they can also go into space that would be good too.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

roomforthetuna posted:

Blimpie makes submarine sandwiches, which raises another great idea, we should make blimps that also work as submarines. If they can also go into space that would be good too.

...I think you just stumbled on what those tictac UFO's the Navy admitted to, are.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

roomforthetuna posted:

Wait I think I have this. We take a submarine, and we make the tanks into vacuum chambers, and since no air is lighter than air, it should float right up into space!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Wasn't the record for the highest sky-dive set with a specialized blimp? I think it was shaped like a lunar lander.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

vortmax posted:

Wait I think I have this. We take a submarine, and we make the tanks into vacuum chambers, and since no air is lighter than air, it should float right up into space!

this is actually how they get into the high atmosphere for space flight in the book The Diamond Age. of course they use nano-ballons that are super light, not pressure tanks made out of iron.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I don't see why we can't get your mom into space, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I don't see why we can't get your mom into space, op