Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

goferchan posted:

It's out and it's really cool-- the only real change from the EA version is that there's a lot more of it, probably double the perks and spells than when I was playing it a year ago, with quite a few new secrets and bosses and stuff. It's still very much a true roguelike experience, aside from a bestiary and library tracking stuff you've killed and spells you found there's no metaprogression whatsoever (or if it is it's really heavily obscured). Made it to the final boss for the first time last night by abusing teleportation but didn't have nearly enough firepower to beat him and ate poo poo! There are some extremely scary looking enemies near the bottom and I was not willing to wait around and find out what they could do to me

cool. i never got much farther than ice caves before. the early game got boring to me and i stopped playing. will check it out again soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
the first level is pretty weak compared to the rest of the game but it gets really fun when you start getting good/interesting spells from level 2 onwards. once you get a trigger spell and some multicast stuff its fun to build wands that cast a bunch of destructive stuff on whatever the bolt hits

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
finally got a win thanks to an insane setup. high mana regen wand with 2x luminous drill + ping pong + dmg up and the duplicate projectile perk. i basically had a 100 foot long lightsaber with insane dps. could just all seeing eye then pop anything dangerous through the wall lol.

i kept trying to make a backup nuke wand but couldnt find good spells and it was pointless bc of how powerful that one turned out to be

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

noita bad job

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Squeezy Farm posted:

finally got a win thanks to an insane setup. high mana regen wand with 2x luminous drill + ping pong + dmg up and the duplicate projectile perk. i basically had a 100 foot long lightsaber with insane dps. could just all seeing eye then pop anything dangerous through the wall lol.

i kept trying to make a backup nuke wand but couldnt find good spells and it was pointless bc of how powerful that one turned out to be

I got my first win as well today! Made a sweet wand with "Death Cross" (the thing that detonates right in front of you in a second for big damage) with mods to make it follow my cursor around and also leave a trail of more Death Crosses behind it. Extremely valuable being able to kill guys around corners

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Do you have a screenshot of the build? Because that's pretty cool.

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
I found a secret piece of paper and have no idea what it does

I don't pay enough attention to what the spells do and blow my wizard up a lot

Game is cool

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
noita gonna play it lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

ArfJason posted: