Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
TELNET to bbs.yospos.net

For best experience, download and use SyncTerm: https://syncterm.bbsdev.net/
literally nothing seems to handle ANSI properly ityool 2019 besides that, so things will look hosed up if you just do shell telnet or whatever.

---------------------

for those young whippersnappers that just showed up recently, we used to do this every fall when the weather got cold and we got stuck inside and depressed and nostalgic

welcome to YBBSPOS

it is a telnet bbs running on an extra computer here

it has message foram

we are also a member of a store-and-forward network called DOVE-Net. please do not get us banned. just enjoy hanging out with intense neckbeards on other boards

we have some games!

(i will add more shortly if there is interest. Yes, that's tradewars)

play some sokoban

or how about some ANSI fishing?

there's an ANSI art bathroom wall that you can draw on (and multiple ppl can draw at the same time)

you can also pick a little ansi avatar

OR make your own!

i look forward to us having fun on here! Synchronet has continued to improve lately, and one super exciting thing is that the backend is all Javascript now. Most of those games are JS and you can write your own JS modules to do basically anything. if u want to goof with code i will be happy to have your help writing stupid things.

I'm going to break out TheDraw and get some sick ANSIs up and poo poo. also there is a new format that Syncterm supports called Xbin that lets you do high res pics. I don't know much about it but we can learn together!

Part of the magic of bbses is figuring out how they work so i encourage you to go play. DOVE-NET syncs every six hours.

Oh also this is 1998 security model and THE SYSOPS CAN READ YOUR PLAINTEXT PASSWORD. I'm being full disclosure here. don't reuse a loving password here pls and thx

Maintenance will be when it's dead if i can. You may see things randomly changing between logins, that's me stealth modding the code.
If it takes off and people have fun, i may migrate it to a server 2012 VPS and we'll have cloud bbs going on in case my power goes out or whatever. i dont mind paying eight bucks a month for a lovely instance for this for a while.

let's gooooooooooo

Jonny 290 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

well this is a little broke, how do i chicken

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wtf ok ill poke at it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah thats just a hosed up help screen. ill see if i can sort it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i turned ssh on. use username 'new' if you dont have an account yet

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
man that syncterm.bbsdev.net site is BBS as gently caress.

ok i'll try this again i bought some of my first drugs as a kid from a dude on a BBS in the 90s

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
is down

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:rip:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jonny's mom is probably on the phone

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

Jonny's mom is probably on the phone

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
is back. turned off for some reason? idk idk i'll keep an eye on it. this machine is ancient

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oh hell yes i am stoked as gently caress

thank you jonny <3

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i think i posted? not sure

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I posted. it was needful

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
good posts so far!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gonna try to post on this later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

I was able to get on using termius on my phone

the ansi art has a lot of question marks but it’s otherwise surprisingly navigable