Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Please don't kinkshame me

I cannot shame what has been laid bare before god and man, ama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RandomPauI posted:

I can only assume that the ending of MLP means our long national nightmare is over.

It won't end until they follow it up with something that lowers the bar back to their previous standards.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I watched all the episodes of m*a*s*h

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

I watched all the episodes of m*a*s*h

this is me irl

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Necrosaro posted:

Speaking of shows that run for ages, My Little Pony: Friendship is magic ended today after 9 years and 222 episodes. And like a star that just turned into a white dwarf this fandom is going to take a long time to cool off. Expect non stop pony talk for years.

As I understand, Hasbro has made it clear that the My Little Pony franchise will continue in some form in due time. Even if they make an honest effort to maintain the level of quality which enabled Friendship is Magic to attract a significant adult fanbase (a pretty big "if", all things considered), a big chunk of those fans will be crying bloody murder over it being different.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Big Beef City posted:

this is me irl

The last new episode was during my senior year in high school. I loved klinger, but radar was up there, along w frank.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
For better or worse, US TV is slowly getting more British-like.

Like back in the day they wouldn't be pretending The X-Files revival is literally adding new seasons to the show; that 6-episode long (lol) "10th season" would've been an "X-Files Miniseries Event" and then the followup "11th season" would have been the start of a whole new show called "The X-Files: The New Conspiracy" or something.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
misfits is a good example of a non-american show that went on for too long

also degrassi tng

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Imagine if we lived in a world where Doctor Who only had 2 seasons, that's it no more, 26 episodes total at most. No more scarf wearing weirdos, just a long forgotten show from the 60's that no one cares about. What a beautiful world.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i got dragged to a dr who themed bar, and the drinks were amazing, so there's one good thing about dr who

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Big Beef City posted:

British show: no one gives a flying poo poo.

American show: beloved around the globe for 30+ years.

Ain't it weird how that works you jealous hounds?

I'm reasonably sure that "faggishly" is a homophobic slur, and that you are an idiot. Please use this free time to wash, probably for the first time, that anime pillow of yours you mentioned. User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Necrosaro posted:

Expect non stop pony talk for years.

Rainbow Dash turned into Capt Marvel? Twilight Sparkle becomes some kind of princess? The loving schlub dragon becomes a gaydream beefcake?

The gently caress happened to this show? No wait, dont.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm reasonably sure that "faggishly" is a homophobic slur, and that you are an idiot. Please use this free time to wash, probably for the first time, that anime pillow of yours you mentioned. User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

Wut

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

I think he just wants to "get beefy" if you know what I mean

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if you pay for cable im laughing so hard the spittle is hitting you in your face

my finger is millimeter from your nose

i cant stop laughing at your idiocy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
I'm not up on the history of radio, but did similar laments get lobbed at the staples of broadcasting back in the pre-TV era? Weren't there long-running radio dramas as well, or were they mostly written with the serial format in mind?

Also, I think that the natural inclination for the (American) creatives and execs who followed a phenomenon like Gunsmoke was to hope that their next project could be The One that caught on like that, with the precedent having been set that one series could run for that long and sustain an audience/profitability.

The_Continental posted:

Glad someone is keeping up on this.

Geez, 9 years? It still feels like it was recent times when we were collectively wondering what the hell was up with those banner ads and avatars, like it was a meta joke or something.

Speaking of...

FilthyImp posted:

Rainbow Dash turned into Capt Marvel? Twilight Sparkle becomes some kind of princess? The loving schlub dragon becomes a gaydream beefcake?

The gently caress happened to this show? No wait, dont.

Confess when you started watching. And when you stopped. (Was it after the SA-brony expulsion?)