Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
Welcome to C-SPAM, the casual political posting subforum for insane people! Here we keep things more casual than in D&D, so you don't have to worry about making lengthy point by point rebuttals to multi-paragraph bloviating posts, and can instead concentrate on :justpost:ing, calling people idiots, and laughing at the nightmarish hellworld we're all trapped in!

The current C-SPAM mods are: Captain_Maclaine, Logikv9, Squizzle

However, here as elsewhere, there are some rule you do have to follow, cheerfully enforced by our dedicated team of moderators and idiot kings, none of whom are on risperdal as far as I know!

A quick reminder that all standard forum rules apply, and a few are re-emphasized here and will result in a very very harsh punishment if you decide to break them! Normal D&D-specific rules regarding cheerleading, etc do not apply.

Additionally, we have unique rules here designed to avoid topics that we have found, by past experience, to be flame-war rich and not really productive! We are not doing this to impose our own viewpoints onto anyone else, we are just looking to avoid lovely arguments.

1. :siren: Do NOT explicitly or implicitly threaten harm on anyone, especially people under Secret Service protection or who might work in the White House. If you do so, you are risking a permaban. :siren:

2. Text spam, twitter spam, or any really stupid spamming of any type is forbidden. Image spam is also forbidden unless it's a dedicated image thread. All other rules apply, though.

3. Even if you aren't breaking a specific rule to the letter, if you're making consistently lovely and bad posts we will come down hard on you so don't do it!

4. We have a small list of forbidden topics, some with very obvious reasons and some which we will further elaborate on. Discussion of these topics will result in a probation.

Do Not discuss Gamergate.

5. Inline NWS images have been a problem in the past, so you're probably going to eat more than just a six-hour probation if you post one.

6. Slurs and bigotry are not cool, and "ironic" racism is almost always just a stepping stone to the real thing, so don't post like that. This doesn't apply if you're quoting someone else being a shithead, but if you abuse this exception to toss pejoratives around casually we'll see through it pretty quick.

7. Reporting people is helpful if you think they've broken a rule or are generally being a shithead, but please be clear in the report reason. Despite our best efforts we can't read mindsyetand what you think is obvious bad behavior might not be so apparent! Abusing the report function to carry out forums vendettas will not end well.

In addition to these rules, the individual IKs may have their own mad whims and feverish delusions, which they will post in the IK Edicts thread, and which may or may not be enforced by the mods as well.

Somebody has issued a correction as of 02:26 on Jan 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

do not say that anyone, on here or off, specific or general should kill themselves. do not say that it would be good if anyone killed themselves. do not lay out methods for successful suicide, even if you direct them toward hypothetical terrible people who might be reading

discussing positive virtues of suicide or methods of suicide can put people w suicidal ideation on a dark path. have some care for yr forum friendos, and dont put them on that path

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

toxx policy

edit: by Lightning Knight

Effective today, 4/9/20, election toxxes are being killed as a practice in CSPAM.

No Joe will be grandfathered in, since if you fail that toxx you have no one to blame but yourself.

Gang tags will no longer be given out for free to everyone and their mother. They'll be available to buy, just as avatars are, and for people who win contests or otherwise do some kind of effort. This is a directive to all IKs, to stop giving out free gangtags starting today, with the sole exception of No Joe.

Somebody has issued a correction as of 22:24 on Apr 9, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Posting your own Twitter

As a result of a forum feedback thread some time ago, it was determined that people found it annoying when people in C-SPAM post their own Twitter, just to share "a sick burn" or a Twitter argument they got into, or otherwise for the purposes of simply accumulating likes and follows. From now on this will be probate-able. You are however allowed to repost your own tweet if it shares useful information or a video or some other thing which is difficult to embed directly into a post.

twoday has issued a correction as of 14:26 on Jun 5, 2020

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Stop loving posting about D&D, nobody gives a poo poo about what you think about D&D. This forum isn't D&D. You don't have to respond to what people post in D&D. You don't even have read it! I know, what a concept! Do not try to turn threads into helldump, do not pick fights with your forums enemies across the forums. Look, Reddit is free. You want to pick fights with people who have politics you don't like? Go there and do it, and you can do it as much as you want, for free.

However, because I understand this rule is unpopular, let it never be said that I don't enjoy a good mean post against me if it's funny:

Nix Panicus posted:

It should go into the rules sticky that the CSPAM mods acknowledge that D&D is a wasteland of shithead pedants with inadequate moderation but they are as powerless against it as we are, and that CSPAM should just try to ignore D&D because of ~~forums policy~~ of turning a blind eye to other forums and to take complaints to QCS

and now I close with this post that hit too close to home:

MonsieurChoc posted:

Look, I crawled through the Forum Demilitarized Zone to escape from D&D to the utopia of C-SPAM, I would love to never hear about it again.

fin

Lightning Knight has issued a correction as of 02:49 on Jun 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
After extended discussion with both C-SPAM posters and the mods and admins, a set of guidelines relating to doxxing has been decided. These apply to the entire forums, but many people in C-SPAM have asked for them to be clarified here, so here you go:

quote:

SA User Doxxing:
Linking anything from off forum or stepping into real life is too far.
  • "I found this person's social media account, look at all the dumb poo poo they post [LINK]" "Looking at his Facebook, I see his wife works for DC"
    Bringing up past ON FORUM posts that are relevant to the topic is for the most part not going to be punished.
  • "He posted about liking that in that one thread 6 years ago. [LINK]" *Note: Importing drama and generally being creepy with people's post histories can still earn you a probation

Famous Person/Public Official:
Anything relevant to their position or celebrity is, for the most part, fair game.
  • "They worked at XXX in 1998, they are giving XXX huge contracts now." "They posted pictures of their 2-story pool, look at this thing"
    Well known facts or things the person has opened themselves up for mocking is not considered doxxing.
  • "He posts the same ketchup sandwich on his Instagram every single day."
    Anything non-position related, or things they have not made public themselves, is off limits. Family, Address, Private Phone Number
  • "They walk their dog in ZZZ Park"

Random Internet Blip (i.e. No leash lady):
Don't dig up anything. SA does not need to be the Go-To place to vigilante these people. If something is posted on a news site/twitter, it's fine to discuss, but don't be the people making it the news.

These rules and examples are general guidelines. There may be things not covered or borderline examples that don't fit the above. The mods and admins will make final judgements and always try and take into account context of posts. If you can't determine if your post will be doxxing, ask someone or err on the side of caution and don't post it.

twoday has issued a correction as of 23:12 on Jun 17, 2020