Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Breakfast 19 23.46%
Lunch 9 11.11%
Dinner 20 24.69%
FOUTH MEAL BITCH (Goku option) 33 40.74%
Total: 61 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Devils Affricate posted:

nobody has suggested lunch for breakfast, but that's the direction things are going

Lunch for breakfast is literally just weekend brunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Its a pretty nuanced decision. Overall, the answer is breakfast, but context is important. During the work week a banana, hard-boiled egg, granola bar to get a few calories and get out the door. Nothing good happening there. But if it's a Saturday morning and you have time to treat yourself, or if its a day after partying, the right breakfast can be a wonder of life.

Two heart-attack breakfasts come to mind. Two pork chops, two eggs over easy, hashbrowns, a quarter cantaloupe, and a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. All on a birthday morning watching the morning news before going hiking for the day.

Lumberjack breakfast, Arcata(maybe Eureka?) CA at the Somoan Cookhouse before also going hiking for the day. Visiting my brother in college in Humboldt, got super baked first thing in the morning and went to this place. Long table and benches, trays and trays of food, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, toast, pancakes, waffles, fruit, juices, etc. All you can eat for something like $12; college kids sitting next to tourists, sitting next to actual lumberjacks, just benches of feasting. Then hiking in the redwoods all day. Again, nuance of the situation makes the meal better beyond just the food.

Also, bloody marys at brunch after a night of late-night partying makes for a good breakfast drink.

Hmm, now that I've written that I might have to reflect on my alcoholism and drug usage. Haha, just kidding!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

myDad posted:

ASIAN STREET MEAT

that website is violence

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Internetjack posted:

Its a pretty nuanced decision. Overall, the answer is breakfast, but context is important. During the work week a banana, hard-boiled egg, granola bar to get a few calories and get out the door. Nothing good happening there. But if it's a Saturday morning and you have time to treat yourself, or if its a day after partying, the right breakfast can be a wonder of life.

Two heart-attack breakfasts come to mind. Two pork chops, two eggs over easy, hashbrowns, a quarter cantaloupe, and a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. All on a birthday morning watching the morning news before going hiking for the day.

Lumberjack breakfast, Arcata(maybe Eureka?) CA at the Somoan Cookhouse before also going hiking for the day. Visiting my brother in college in Humboldt, got super baked first thing in the morning and went to this place. Long table and benches, trays and trays of food, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, toast, pancakes, waffles, fruit, juices, etc. All you can eat for something like $12; college kids sitting next to tourists, sitting next to actual lumberjacks, just benches of feasting. Then hiking in the redwoods all day. Again, nuance of the situation makes the meal better beyond just the food.

Also, bloody marys at brunch after a night of late-night partying makes for a good breakfast drink.

Hmm, now that I've written that I might have to reflect on my alcoholism and drug usage. Haha, just kidding!

this dude hikes

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I never really ate breakfast until I got into the overnight oatmeal thing

bought a bunch of small mason jars. fill about 1/3 of the way with regular oatmeal, then a scoop of vanilla/chocolate protein powder, then some nuts, or maple syrup or fruit or whatever, a splash of milk and shake up the jar and put it in the fridge overnight, making 4-5 of them at once for the week.

then you wake up and inhale a jar of healthy, calorie dense goop that basically tastes like pudding and you're on your way. it's like adult baby food.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Resting Lich Face posted:

Fuggin' brunch mimosas, bitch! It's not day drinking it's classy.

Hell yeah brudda

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Tom Gorman posted:

I never really ate breakfast until I got into the overnight oatmeal thing

bought a bunch of small mason jars. fill about 1/3 of the way with regular oatmeal, then a scoop of vanilla/chocolate protein powder, then some nuts, or maple syrup or fruit or whatever, a splash of milk and shake up the jar and put it in the fridge overnight, making 4-5 of them at once for the week.

then you wake up and inhale a jar of healthy, calorie dense goop that basically tastes like pudding and you're on your way. it's like adult baby food.

You may be on to something.

Add banana and peanut butter and I’m in.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

You may be on to something.

Add banana and peanut butter and I’m in.

oh yeah dude the ones i do i like are

chocolate protein powder + bananas
the peanut butter powder (i get the PBfit kind) + a few dark choc chips
vanilla protein powder + strawberries

also that canned pumpkin nobody ever uses except for pumpkin pie + cinnamon + vanilla powder is real good

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Next level mcslurries

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I love foooooooooooood

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Breakfast for dinner is the best

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Applesnots posted:

Breakfast for dinner is the best

mhm! :)

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm at work for lunch so it can't be the best

Tie between the other two

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
all i had for breakfast was two smokes and one half pint

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

dee eight posted:

all i had for breakfast was two smokes and one half pint

Sounds like a manly breakfast, sir

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

a perfectly made BLT in a foreign hotel.

Oysters with a Caeser salad.

Really good, rustic bread, with that olive oil with various dipping spices in it.

loving fight me for all of these things.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 15, 2019

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think people romanticize breakfast. It’s never as great as I hope. The eggs are always good not great. And this is coming from a prolific breakfast restaurant patron.

In reality the best meal is the late night supper

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga
breakfast - lol if u even eat this

lunch - the best part of work but also it's at work so ehhhh

dinner - :discourse: yep this is the stuff

4th meal - awesome but more of a rare treat tbh

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Looks like goons are embracing Cantonese culture in this thread https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siu_yeh
I approve.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Eat the same thing for every meal.

gently caress, I just ate a 4 day old peanut butter and banana sandwich. The new one was in another pocket of my backpack. The old one tasted like cheesecake. Pretty good actually.

milkingmycow fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 15, 2019

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

It's all about the lumberjack breakfast, or whatever it's called at that particular place that gives you all the meats.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

milkingmycow posted:

Eat the same thing for every meal.

gently caress, I just ate a 4 day old peanut butter and banana sandwich. The new one was in another pocket of my backpack. The old one tasted like cheesecake. Pretty good actually.

Report back in 12 hours.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i'm all about food anarchy

grilled salmon w/ mashed potatoes & broccoli for lunch, grits w/ eggs & sausage for dinner, who cares

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's all about the lumberjack breakfast, or whatever it's called at that particular place that gives you all the meats.

A glory hole?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hahah you son of a bitch.

Giggle Goose
Oct 18, 2009

Vegetable posted:

I think people romanticize breakfast. It’s never as great as I hope. The eggs are always good not great. And this is coming from a prolific breakfast restaurant patron.

In reality the best meal is the late night supper

Yeah I'm all about a kinda fancy dinner at 900 on a Saturday night.

Don't get me wrong I love breakfast too just not the same way.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

They're all equally horrible since all the food ate since first grade is alive in your body.

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You know, we've been going back and forth a lot in this thread, but it seems we've all forgotten the actual answer.

Dessert.

Chocolate Chess pie:

Baklava:

German Chocolate cake:

Tres Leches:

Assorted cookies!:

Coffee Cake:

This giant tower of cream filled dough globules:

And that's not even getting into the ice creams, cream horns, etc. Why, the correct answers are just too numerous to count!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress breakfast

Marry lunch

Kill dinner

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I printed out this thread and handed copies out at the shelter lmao

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Solice Kirsk posted:

You know, we've been going back and forth a lot in this thread, but it seems we've all forgotten the actual answer.

Dessert.

I dunno man. I like not being fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pros know breakfast is the real meal to get fat from :btroll: