Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would just break the glasses slowly over like a month and pretend it was an accident every time, but I'm afraid that they will superglue them back together from the shards and then I'll get bacteria and die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
all my glassware (and my member) was blown by OP's mom; its strong and will never break

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dead prez
Sep 22, 2019

Everytime I look around, I see
So much drama goin down
Everytime I look around, I see
So much fakeness goin down
But bacteria is our friend. We're like a super mega power ranger robot of bacteria

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

dead prez posted:

But bacteria is our friend. We're like a super mega power ranger robot of bacteria

and without bacteria, there wouldn't be farts

I don't want to live in a world without farts

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I live in the USA and don't have insurance so if that happened to me id probably either just lose my hand or sell all of my possessions and have to move back in with my parents.
Maybe your best bet would be to immigrate to Germany (or some other place with free healthcare) if you want to survive? I was at the hospital at 1pm. I gave them the card from my freeeee insurance and then waited for an hour. Got called to a room, waited for 30 minutes there after someone cleaned the wound. 20 minutes later i was stitched up, another 20 minutes later I got the paperwork and went home. Today I went to a doctor to change the bandage, took ~75 minutes. And I'll go there on Friday again, then 2-3 times next week and then the stitches get pulled.
This all costs me a bus ticket to the hospital. Btw I'm on Hartz4, the lowest welfare level here.

I'm sorry for all of you in the US. Vote Bernie.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
This happened to me a while back with a wine glass I didn't know was cracked. Fortunately, I was wearing kitchen gloves, and it happened as I went to pick the glass up so I didn't cut myself like you. It was still an "oh poo poo" moment

A couple weeks ago, my wife was cleaning up the kitchen and bumped a glass I got from Disney Epcot against another glass, and despite the Epcot one being thicker, it shattered along the side. Cheap-rear end mouse bastards

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

OP I did the exact same thing about 15 years ago. Same knuckle and everything! Mine was a little shorter (only 5 stitches) but don’t worry about a bad scar because mine is nearly invisible today. I really didn’t enjoy Canadian winters for awhile because the scar ached in below freezing air but that didn’t last, either.

Here’s a tip: tell people you got your sweet knuckle scar in a barroom brawl and you’ll learn instant respect due to fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I did that once got a scar from it