Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I laughed at that part too :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I caught The Thing reference too. So, there's a monster head that grows spider legs just like in The Thing and Richie says "You gotta be loving kidding me."

I think the original Thing's practical effects are basically the baseline of how it's done for a monster movie. They hold up well.

Agreed.

I'm just being facetious toward everyone that bashes CG while regarding practical effects as flawless or timeless. But the Thing's effects are good, fun, and as mentioned ... gross. But things (heh, heh) like the stomach opening up and biting off arms are comically unconvincing. The camera cuts, awkward animation of the face hanging from the ceiling, and it's unrealistic skin-texture. They're just as revealing as mediocre CG that I'm watching special effects. The Saturday morning cartoon sounds don't sell it either.

Listen, I've been watching a lot of Corridor Crew on Youtube which basically makes me an expert.
The practical effects help cement it in a physical space and convey weight and density. While poorly animated cg 'floats'. Plus I'm willing to give The Thing more lenience because a) Kurt Russell b) nostalgia, and c) it's 37 (!) years old. I can't imagine today's CG will have aged that well in the same amount of time.

goonsay /

Also. gently caress, I'm old now.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

When discussion of a movie is reduced to how convincing the CG was, and/or about the one or two parts that made it funny, it's pretty apparent everyone is chewing on one big sloppy poo poo-sandwich.

edit: I was very relieved to find that the gay bashing scene was part of the book. JFC.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Evil clowns are old hat. Time for a movie about an evil circus strongman.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Applewhite posted:

Evil clowns are old hat. Time for a movie about an evil circus strongman.
isnt that the tales from the crypt episode where they reveal the origin of the crypt keeper as a cameo

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

theres a evil circus strongman in american horror story freakshow but maybe he turns out to be good I stopped watching after like 3 episodes but hes married to a lady with a penis and three tiddies

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i havent watched a full movie in like 2 years OP

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The_Continental posted:

theres a evil circus strongman in american horror story freakshow but maybe he turns out to be good I stopped watching after like 3 episodes but hes married to a lady with a penis and three tiddies

Sorry what show was this?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chinatown posted:

i havent watched a full movie in like 2 years OP
The Lighthouse opens today. It's a good place to jump back in. Maybe, it's gonna be a weird good movie.

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames
Can everyone at work tell I've been wearing the same pair of pants for 4 days?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

infinite anime posted:

Can everyone at work tell I've been wearing the same pair of pants for 4 days?
I only have one pair of black trousers that I wear to work. :colbert:

ive probably worn this pair of pants like 400 times in a row

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Oct 24, 2019

infinite anime
May 25, 2019

by VideoGames

numberoneposter posted:

I only have one pair of black trousers that I wear to work. :colbert:

ive probably worn this pair of pants like 400 times in a row

brand? size?

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Applewhite posted:

Sorry what show was this?

That's So Raven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The_Continental posted:

nice