Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, the ending was kind of weird because we don't actually get a conclusion to the Salem's Lot story as Annie takes Joy and just books it. So basically all the other revived are still around?

In the Salem’s Lot novel, the town gets blown to hell and the area is basically a no-go zone because there’s still a ton of vampires living in the ruins, I wonder if they’re going to keep the status quo for the next season and have the denizens of Castle Rock dealing with the cultists who still have control of Salem’s Lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yeah, the ending was kind of weird because we don't actually get a conclusion to the Salem's Lot story as Annie takes Joy and just books it. So basically all the other revived are still around?

Without their leader, Amity not going to come back, their statue's gone (and I guess their caskets are gone too) I guess they're pretty done for, but yeah that was my question as well.

I get that Annie was the main character this season and all, but not even spending 30 seconds on what Nadia, Abdi, and Chance are doing was a bummer. Even if it was a conversation of 'Well, there's still some resurrected around, what are we going to do?' and implied they were going to go after the remaining ones (kind of like Ben and Mark in Salem's Lot) I'd have been fine with that.

This show just can't stick an ending.

meat glitter
Nov 12, 2019

i feel like annie & joy's story came to its logical conclusion and was fine but i would have liked to have seen what happened to nadia&abdi&chance. maybe they'll show up in season 3 for at least a cameo now that we know the seasons are connected.

and it's been a really long time since i read the original short story of salem's lot but wasn't the idea there that there was something EVEN WORSE underneath it all like a lovecraft style old god type thing or whatever? that would have been cool to explore maybe, although probably not enough time in 10 episodes to go any further with the cult than they did.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The original short story Jerusalem's Lot is Lovecraft-esque tale about a guy who moves to the area in the 1800s and eventually finds the abandoned town of Jerusalem's Lot. Eventually he gets to the church where he learns they were worshiping a giant worm monster which eats his butler (also the main character's family is somehow connected to the town and monster) and the guy runs back to his home where he thinks he's going crazy because he hears sounds in the walls. Then it cuts to modern times with a descendant of the first character moving into the house, finding the dead guy's journal and remarking that he does totally hear weird sounds in the walls too.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Wait I just realized there was a scene where the blind wife from Season 1 got killed. did that come out of nowhere or did it tie into something that I missed?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They took over her body to find out what the warden knew.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

They took over her body to find out what the warden knew.

Ohhhh. That was another "blinked and I missed it" scene.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I felt bad I told people it was a stand alone season that had no connection to S1. I had a few friends who told me they were frustrated they didn’t find out who was being kept under Shawshank and I told them that was revealed in S1.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, in confusingly semi-related news, Epix is making a series based on Jerusalem's Lot, the short story. Not 'Salem's Lot, the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

So, in confusingly semi-related news, Epix is making a series based on Jerusalem's Lot, the short story. Not 'Salem's Lot, the book.

It's an enjoyable story, gets down a sense of growing dread.