Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
...He's gonna assume Iruma and Silva want permission to date.

E: New Chapter on previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

ThingOne posted:

340: Before Anyone Else
I love that Dali and Suzy judge how good their videos are based on how much they piss off Kaligo

I really love this chapter. Iruma used to be the character that would put himself at risk all the time, so seeing him talk down Silvia from making a rash decision without talking to her family is really sweet. I am also guessing Silvia will be fine because she understands the character of Galna, and that will be how they are able to use the picture, by making demons learn about who she is before they see the painting.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

wokow6 posted:

...He's gonna assume Iruma and Silva want permission to date.

E: New Chapter on previous page.

Honestly I think they've got this thing on lock.

Staring into the maw of madness for the sake of passion is wicked cool.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

all the bits of foreshadowing in this are really good, like Alice recognizing the bartender and what is almost certainly Amerie meeting Iruma before he joined up with the mafia, and probably having a misunderstanding that they did something bad to him

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

https://www.nhk.or.jp/school/anipara/detail18_real01.html#ttl
The NHK's going to show a five-minute Iruma-kun short this Friday to promote the Paralympics. It'll be on their website afterwards so hopefully somebody subtitles it.
https://www.nhk.or.jp/school/anipara/detail18_voice01.html

They also included an interview with Nishi where she explains what she means when she calls Iruma "greedy".

Nishi posted:

I heard that one of the themes of ``Iruma-kun'' is ``greed.''

Nishi: Ultimately, I don't think people need to do anything. I think you'll be fine as long as you eat, sleep, and just stay alive, but when it comes to what to do with your time in life, what drives you the most? I think it's "greed". I've always thought that it's important to face your feelings about what you should do, what you like, and what you want to obtain. The theme is, ``If I'm going to live anyway, I should do what I love to the fullest.''
I'm using Google Translate so it might not be completely accurate.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The manga chiefly being an argument for ethical hedonism seems about right. Fits well with the current arc, too.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://mangadex.org/chapter/eea8996a-5564-4662-aa8e-cd60ad59bd72/1

No real surprises but still another great chapter.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

A dumber manga would've tried to milk that misunderstanding way longer, but Iruma already has enough people in his "harem"

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Xelkelvos posted:

A dumber manga would've tried to milk that misunderstanding way longer, but Iruma already has enough people in his "harem"

The fact that characters will actually talk things out like normal people is one of my favorite parts of Iruma-kun.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Chapter dropped! https://mangadex.org/chapter/1a81f241-c39b-4fc4-b855-ae5ddff03846

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I wonder if beyond Sylvia being a massive fan of Beem and maybe on the cusp of some flavor of returning to origin; is her immunity to the harmful effects of the painting is related to the Sabnock bloodline? We know from Sabro's wicked phase that weapons he created turn black and convert inflicted pain into pleasure for him. While not exactly the same, I can't help but draw a parallel between this and that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

I wonder if beyond Sylvia being a massive fan of Beem and maybe on the cusp of some flavor of returning to origin; is her immunity to the harmful effects of the painting is related to the Sabnock bloodline? We know from Sabro's wicked phase that weapons he created turn black and convert inflicted pain into pleasure for him. While not exactly the same, I can't help but draw a parallel between this and that.

My guess is- because she was involved with all of Galna's details while Beem was workshopping it, it didn't affect her like it did the teachers. Knowing everything about Galna might give her a feeling of first meeting an old friend if that makes any sense. It's both new and not surprising.