Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissed Ape Sexist

It seems like the world sucks sometimes but hey-- get this -- it really doesn’t. It’s mostly just indifferent because you're small relative to an almost infinitely complex system of causality. Even though things can be sad and off-putting at times, there are little signs that the world appreciates you being in it. Here are a couple of signs I notice that make me feel good about the world and my place in it.

When you are waiting to turn and your blinker is in synch with the car in front of you. It’ll diverge in a few seconds, but then get back in synch. It’s like your cars are talking.

Recognizing an actor in a random show when your significant other does not, and you both pull out your phones and go on IMDB and it turns out you’re right. Bonus points if you find other things people in the show/movie have been in that you enjoy and chat about.

Talking to a cat and they respond. “What are you doing, rear end in a top hat? Huh?” “Mrraaaaw”

I'm feeling kinda blessed and aligned with the world right now so I made this thread. Feel free to elaborate on what makes you feel good, or connected with the world at large. But if not that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

rippin rear end

Pissed Ape Sexist

Hell yeah. Commune with rear end

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Feel free to elaborate on what makes you feel good, or connected with the world at large.

This thread, and you for posting it.

Because yeah, you're right- there's just too drat much negativity in the world, and rather than passively take the negativity, I'm going to fight it with positivity- and :justpost:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pissed Ape Sexist

Thank you spoopy smoke ghost. Go forth with good vibes

E: this Mike Doughty song is also very good if you're feeling a bit stomped on
https://youtu.be/3GDmuXpbdcM

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 30, 2019

nut

Hell yeah. Commune with rear end

sayin hell ya w the buds

Escape From Noise

I got some dry ice today at work so I played with it.

StandardVC10

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

I'm feeling kinda blessed and aligned with the world right now so I made this thread.

I'm glad to hear that.

Escape From Noise

If the world likes me then why do I have to hear Águas De Março in various forms roughly ten billion times a day and ZZ Top's Legs keeps popping in my head?

Heather Papps

hello friend

so sometimes you feel the world is bad, right? your brain is buzzing with mean wasps?

replace those angry wasps with happy bees! do a good thing, think a good thing, be a good thing!

make a nice post, call your mom and tell her you love her, check up on that friend who has seemed sad and absent.
pick some flowers, just because it's a nice thing to do. scatter them to the wind!
pick up the trash you find, and put it in the right place. make someones day better, because all it takes is a compliment or a silly joke.
hold the door open for people, keep holding it, even when a bus unloads a tour group.
when you're stuck in a long line at a store, and are annoyed, make conversation with the people around you and turn a waste in time into a fun time with your fellow travelers.

there is no such thing as a stranger, just a friend you haven't met yet. they might be having a bad day, but we have all days, and we have all had a bad day transformed by the kindness of someone who didn't even think they were doing something special.

do a good post!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Manifisto

although 99.9% of the time the background music playing anywhere you go is at best a pleasant distraction, just occasionally it will be something that you know and love, or don't know but fall in love with immediately, or think you know but are not entirely sure but feels incredibly right for the moment, and just for a second it is as though you are coming out of a deep sleep

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

Okay. Trying to find instructions here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucbufnI2l8w

Dungeon Ecology

does the world want to go to prom with me?

yes
no

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Dungeon Ecology posted:

yes
no

it does but you'll eventually find out it made a bet with the moon that it could take plane jane you and make you into a popular kid and the moon will laugh its rear end off but in a totally unforeseen turn of events the world will stick up for you and profess its love for you and then the credits role as you make out with the world and an uplifting power ballad plays

Korean Boomhauer

It seems like the world sucks sometimes but hey-- get this -- it really doesn’t. It’s mostly just indifferent because you're small relative to an almost infinitely complex system of causality. Even though things can be sad and off-putting at times, there are little signs that the world appreciates you being in it. Here are a couple of signs I notice that make me feel good about the world and my place in it.

When you are waiting to turn and your blinker is in synch with the car in front of you. It’ll diverge in a few seconds, but then get back in synch. It’s like your cars are talking.

Recognizing an actor in a random show when your significant other does not, and you both pull out your phones and go on IMDB and it turns out you’re right. Bonus points if you find other things people in the show/movie have been in that you enjoy and chat about.

Talking to a cat and they respond. “What are you doing, rear end in a top hat? Huh?” “Mrraaaaw”

I'm feeling kinda blessed and aligned with the world right now so I made this thread. Feel free to elaborate on what makes you feel good, or connected with the world at large. But if not that's cool.

ive been like this for a while now and tbh its kinda ownage cos its made it a lot easier to power through when things get tough

Pissed Ape Sexist

Dungeon Ecology posted:

yes
no

Unquestionably yes but it takes decades to work up the chutzpah to ask correctly

Korean Boomhauer posted:

ive been like this for a while now and tbh its kinda ownage cos its made it a lot easier to power through when things get tough

The world's default state is arbitrary/amoral so be the cowboy in the Big Lebowski. Happy travels friend

Pissed Ape Sexist

I also like when someone next to you at a stoplight is listening to loud music you like, and you meet eyes and you sing their song and you both groove for a sec.

Pissed Ape Sexist

Cat sneezes

Heather Papps

hello friend

I also like when someone next to you at a stoplight is listening to loud music you like, and you meet eyes and you sing their song and you both groove for a sec.

once i was listing to gojira really loud i think this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-XaaTqOICU
and this dude saw me being very metal and raised the horns and we just headbanged together till i made my left

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Escape From Noise

I still remember biking through Wrigleyville in Chicago one late fall afternoon and someone passed me just blasting Goodbye Horses by Q Lazzarus. It was incredibly unnerving but also made me laugh a lot.

Pissed Ape Sexist

Were they a great big fat person

(it's cool if they were)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Were they a great big fat person

(it's cool if they were)

They were applying lipstick while looking in the rearview and muttering something.

(JK, I don't think I could see them but it was Chicago so chances are they were on the chunkier side)