Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I am basing this solely on my impression of just straight up eating citrus on the reg but I feel like yellow grapefruit are the sort of closest thing we have to whatever the original common ancestor of all citrus is. It feels like an insane primal flavour that has been unmeddled with by human interaction, repulsive yet tantalising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I am basing this solely on my impression of just straight up eating citrus on the reg but I feel like yellow grapefruit are the sort of closest thing we have to whatever the original common ancestor of all citrus is. It feels like an insane primal flavour that has been unmeddled with by human interaction, repulsive yet tantalising

I think that'd be a pomelo.
I also think that's what the guy is growing instead of lemons or grapefruit.

That said, for sweetness on a grapefruit, halve it, dust with sugar, and then pop it under a broiler. It caramelizes the sugar on top of the fruit and it owns.

Ok well that's my citrus advice for the day.

e: - Pomelo tree

He also said "lots of seeds"...well, that's also Pomelos. (note they may not be pink inside like this, but the seeds on not-so-cultivated ones would probably look like this:

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 4, 2019

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I raped 7 bags of leaves today. My back is killing me.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
You guys, it's a lemon tree, we've lived in this house for 7 years. Yeah they are usually round, yes they are ugly as gently caress, but they are *lemons*.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nah I sneak over in the night and genetically test your fruits.
It's pomelos all the way down

e: well I PERSONALLY don't test them I sent one in to 23andme and another one into that company that you mail your poop back to in a box and they test for butt cancer. They're fairly sure. Pomelos. Also the pomelo's have 1.3% ashkenazi genetic background and are cancer free, so congrats

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 4, 2019

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

KakerMix posted:

No leaves to mow in my front yard but let me show you our ugly lemon tree:

This bastard owns, lemons are plentiful, ugly, ultra-juicy and full of seeds. We don't know what kind of lemons these are, nor do we know how old the tree itself is but every year around this time becomes a Lemon Party for the whole neighborhood, if you know what I mean.

EDIT
Also I told Burt I'd post pictures of our trees a few days ago, sorry I'm late bub

That’s a nice shed. For your MOWER

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Big Beef City posted:

I think that'd be a pomelo.
I also think that's what the guy is growing instead of lemons or grapefruit.

That said, for sweetness on a grapefruit, halve it, dust with sugar, and then pop it under a broiler. It caramelizes the sugar on top of the fruit and it owns.

Ok well that's my citrus advice for the day.

e: - Pomelo tree

He also said "lots of seeds"...well, that's also Pomelos. (note they may not be pink inside like this, but the seeds on not-so-cultivated ones would probably look like this:

This was a cool and dope informative post and I’m sending you a bag of piss leaves via venmo to say thanks

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

KakerMix posted:

You guys, it's a lemon tree, we've lived in this house for 7 years. Yeah they are usually round, yes they are ugly as gently caress, but they are *lemons*.

I have seen wild lemons that shape but I just got excited to talk about citrus and I’m pretty sure they’re just lemons cross bred with some other citrus

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I have seen wild lemons that shape but I just got excited to talk about citrus and I’m pretty sure they’re just lemons cross bred with some other citrus

Grapefruit

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Not much grapefruit with you

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse

Another Bill posted:

I raped 7 bags of leaves today. My back is killing me.

I'm not surprised, rapist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Pomelos.