Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dying at how many years everyone spent trying to get this state to allow MMA fighting just so big events could end like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cruz - "Dana said..."

Joe - "I don't believe him"

:laffo:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

yes it was, between the 9th and the 10th, and she lost a technical decision

also, she did a post fight interview with a towel on her face for like 5 minutes

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Zyla posted:

is there a way to see it!

Check your pms

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Mr_Moose posted:

I felt like Masvidal was beating his rear end and then carrying him, but maybe because the whole set up of the fight was so carny in the first place that it screwed with my ability to tell when people are trying to severely injure an opponent.

I feel like he was doing that too, especially in rd1

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

There might have been a gentleman's agreement to at least try and get to the second round. But I'm sure if the finish was there someone was going for it.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was a drat great card

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

The only consolation I have is that we might get an unhinged Trump tweet about this and my 2 main interests of MMA and politics can continue to collide

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

jay z's sedan posted:

I feel like he was doing that too, especially in rd1

I’ve seen a couple people say this now, and Masvidal was just rightfully afraid of getting into Diaz’ guard.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I could believe to get to the second round but why would you tank your own stock by not just crushing Diaz and getting the rock to strap the most expensive ufc belt ever on you

The fact the rock was like I don’t want any part of this speaks a lot

Mr_Moose
May 4, 2004
Worst doctor stoppage in terms of blood in the history of UFC. Rematch? @danawhite

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

The Automator posted:

Imagine this fight getting stopped over a cut

incredible

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Just for the posters who I never see in the regular UFC threads but who are posting angry about the stoppage --

The criteria for a cut stoppage are not the size or bloodiness of the cut, but rather the likelihood of the cut causing permanent damage to the fighter, in this case to the eye. If that cut had extended another cm it would have been in Diaz's eyelid, which is A Bad Thing.

Consider that we've already seen a major UFC star lose an eye to the sport.

I'm still disappointed that it ended.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1190860511354720256?s=19

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CommonShore posted:

Just for the posters who I never see in the regular UFC threads but who are posting angry about the stoppage --

The criteria for a cut stoppage are not the size or bloodiness of the cut, but rather the likelihood of the cut causing permanent damage to the fighter, in this case to the eye. If that cut had extended another cm it would have been in Diaz's eyelid, which is A Bad Thing.

dont ever look at an hd picture of dusty rhodes' head

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
nate should try not getting hit in the face so much every fight

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

barkbell posted:

nate should try not getting hit in the face so much every fight

thanks, retard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

CommonShore posted:

While this is true, generally where a cut is and whether it will hamper vision is the biggest factor in a stoppage.

Diaz cut was big and above the eye. Certainly quite enough to stop the fight. I don't understand why it wasn't stopped after the first.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if jorge keep beating nate he would have lost that piece of flesh, i saw an espn picture and the cut was advancing near the eye. good stoppage imo

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
lol nate calling out the rock as fake

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

"I don't need no baby pity" - Nate Diaz on becoming a father

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

DoctorGonzo posted:

if jorge keep beating nate he would have lost that piece of flesh, i saw an espn picture and the cut was advancing near the eye. good stoppage imo

lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Do it ironically posted:

I could believe to get to the second round but why would you tank your own stock by not just crushing Diaz and getting the rock to strap the most expensive ufc belt ever on you

The fact the rock was like I don’t want any part of this speaks a lot

Trying to force a finish against a Diaz seems like a bad move to make.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Dan Didio posted:

thanks, retard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

lol in the post fight presser Dana took like 5 minutes to just poo poo on De La Hoya