Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

DDT Ultimate Party has just started!

From Chris James 2:

quote:

Preshow, 1AM Eastern on DDT Universe:
Tomomitsu Matsunaga, Mizuki Watase and Keigo Nakamura vs Daichi Kazato, Masato Kamino and Shuhe Washida
Hikari Noa, YUMI, Mahiro Kiryu and Suzume vs Raku, Pom Harajuku, Haruna Neko and Mirai Maiumi
Shota defends the Ironman Heavymetalweight title in a delayed entry battle royal featuring Toru Owashi, Kazuki Hirata, Gorgeous Matsuno, HARUKAZE, Sagat, Yuki Kamifuku, Mina Shirakawa, Pokotan and Yoshihiko

Main card, 2AM Eastern on DDT Universe:
Sanshiro Takagi vs Isami Kodaka in a 100 Plastic Cases deathmatch
Danshoku Dieno, ASUKA, Yuki Iino, Mizuki and Trans-Am☆Hiroshi vs Super Sasadango Machine, Yuna Manase, Jiro Ikemen Kuroshio, Hiroshi Yamato and Makoto Oishi for the vacant five-person tag titles
Nautilus (Yuki Ueno and Naomi Yoshimura) vs Yukio Sakaguchi and Ryota Nakatsu vs Shuichiro Katsumura and Kouki Iwasaki vs Maki Itoh Respect Army (Maki Itoh and Chris Brookes) vs Yukio Naya and Cody Hall vs Bakuretsu Sisters (Nodoka Tenma and Yuki Aino) in a gauntlet
Keisuke Ishii defends the Independent Junior title against Fuminori Abe
Takumi Tsukamoto, Yasu Urano and Takato Nakano defend the UWA trios titles against DAMNATION (Tetsuya Endo, Mad Paulie and Nobuhiro Shimatani), and Ken Ohka, Yumehito Imanari and Ms Mongol in a triple threat
NEO BIISHIKI-GUN (Sakisama and Misao) defend the Princess tag titles against Rika Tatsumi and Miu Watanabe
DAMNATION (Daisuke Sasaki and Soma Takao) defend the KO-D tag titles against ALL OUT (Akito and Shunma Katsumata), Sento Minzoku (Minoru Fujita and Daiki Shimomura), and FUMA and Yusuke Kubo in a fourway hardcore match
Ryuichi Sekine defends the UnionMAX title against Masahiro Takanashi
Shoko Nakajima defends the Princess of Princess title against Yuka Sakazaki
Kenny Omega and Riho vs Antonio Honda and Miyu Yamashita in a dream match presented by SOUKEN Holdings
KO-D Openweight champ Konosuke Takeshita vs Extreme champ HARASHIMA in a double championship match, both belts on the line, presented by BLACKOUT

Preview of the card here https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2...ew-predictions/

Time to watch the crazy. Go Pokotan!

e: English Translation starts here:
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1190851738267353089?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

watchin this until new japan probably

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Horray for Chair-san!

And Chair-san!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

do the ironman bits usually have a mob of people running around backstage or has the ironman title returned to its original state of parodying the wwe 24/7 title

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Super No Vacancy posted:

watchin this until new japan probably

My plan is to jump in after New Japan is done assuming Takagi is keeping to his word about this ending up as 6 hours long.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hate watching gorgeous matsuno

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Gorgeous Matsuno is a distressingly skeletal man.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

But what a chokeslam!

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Ikemen's entrance with 4 teammates pleading with him to just get in the ring is wonderful.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

SSM calling out Gulak was awesome.

e:
https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1190881867630690305?s=19

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Nov 3, 2019

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Bad Communication is a great entrance theme.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
i am crying along with Miu Watanabe and Rika Tatsumi

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Nodoka also weeping on commentary. But enough about emotions, gently caress you, it's DAMNATION time.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Miraclians time!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Welp I guess Big Kaiju is the one coming to AEW

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Honda is trying to kill Kenny with his nails

Riho & Kenny having matching gear rules

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This isn't a free show? I thought it was but maybe I was thinking of some other show they did recently?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

that match owned

Jerusalem posted:

This isn't a free show? I thought it was but maybe I was thinking of some other show they did recently?
they had a free pre show yesterday which was practically a full card

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ah right, that's the one I was thinking of. Thanks :)

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Kenny's tag gear with Riho is great. Miyu's new gear is also cool though I miss her rad entrance jacket.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

DDT are doing a month free trial if you want to watch On Demand later on

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I haven't been keeping up with DDT that well lately I hadn't realized they'd gone quite so heavily into a Takeshita heel turn. He was always smug but now he's just being a huge dick.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

HARASHIMA WON!?!?!?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

IceAgeComing posted:

HARASHIMA WON!?!?!?

it was a great match

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

gently caress yeah he did, that ruled.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/Hassy0924/status/1190929622038241281

Don't often get backstage photos like this: you get the impression that for the women on this show in prominent spots that it was incredibly important to them. First women's title matches to be held in Sumo Hall since Stardom ran there in 2013 and before that you're probably going back to the late 2000s - I'm excluding WWE here since house show title defences don't really count in my eyes plus its an American company running in Japan rather than a Japanese company. You had Mizuki in tears after Yuka Sakazaki won the POP title and she didn't look far off herself; in the Tag Title match you had Nodoka Tenma on commentary getting a bit and Miu and Rika were both gone after the match. Emotion is a very strong bit of Joshi wrestling but this is more than you usually see and you have to think that either being on prominent spots on probably the biggest DDT show of the year might have been a factor; possibly being in important matches in Sumo Hall is one, whatever way that importance added to the matches in a lot of ways. Or they all could be incredibly good actors in which case they'd be better at doing WWE poo poo than anyone in WWE.

This is a model on how to book women in a mixed promotion. A majority of the matches had women in it first of all but even ignoring that and just focusing on the core two TJPW matches (the offer match was there but second from the bottom on the pre-show before most people had arrived so not really relevant) they were both stuff built on TJPW . But they didn't just throw out a match with people that the wider DDT audience didn't know and expect it to sink or swim: they've spent the last few years establishing the TJPW wrestlers first post with the offer matches on big DDT shows but also by incorporating them into the wider DDT product by doing mixed tags, or having TJPW teams in random multi-person tag matches or Gauntlets like today, or in the Ironman title situation or whatever to both make sure that they're known to the wider DDT fanbase and to build people who're fans of both and then you run your big built-up title matches where a lot more people in the crowd will be invested in the wrestlers and the stories involved and it seemed to work: it felt like the crowd cared as much about those matches as the other ones around them in the card.

What makes it more impressive is that in those title matches you only had talent they developed themselves: they didn't go and find some legend or outsider to bolster those matches: they did it all with Tokyo Joshi talent trained by them. If others, for example a big company that owns a major puro company that also recently invested in a big Joshi company, has plans to do big matches on their shows then this is the example to follow I think.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yuka :unsmith:

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Best show i've ever seen live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.