Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Montreal has way hotter girls than toronto. and the guys? holy poo poo the guys :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

eric ciaramella posted:

Montreal has way hotter girls than toronto. and the guys? holy poo poo the guys :ironicat:

Seriously, montreal is better than toronto in literally every conceivable metric.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Arrhythmia posted:

Seriously, montreal is better than toronto in literally every conceivable metric.

Montreal is better than Toronto for the sheer fact that Montrealers who live elsewhere in the nation don't whine and moan about how Montreal is better.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Montreal kicks rear end. And everyone talking about ugly people needs to go live in New Brunswick. :stonk:

Though I would probably prefer to live in Moncton or Fredericton than Toronto. And I hate New Brunswick. Like, I used to keep a gas can so I could just refuel on the side of the road on my way home from Montreal instead of having to actually stop and see a person in New Brunswick. loving swamp. I want to say NB is the Louisiana of Canada but I don’t want to insult Louisiana like that.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Do people actually speak french in maritime canada or is that still quarantined to quebec

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Methanar posted:

Do people actually speak french in maritime canada or is that still quarantined to quebec

New Brunswick has a large (for its population) number of French speakers, and parts of Northern Ontario still have enclaves of them as well. Sudbury Ontario (161,531) is essentially bilingual.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Methanar posted:

NB has both (though apparently their French education is awful in the English cities, which are Fredericton and Saint John) and there are a couple of French towns in Acadian NS and Cape Breton, but the second language by population in Halifax is Arabic. PEI is almost entirely English afaik. Don’t move to PEI, though. It’ll be underwater in like 15 years and the jellyfish are out of control. Charlottetown is nice for a visit, though.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Arrhythmia posted:

It’s honestly loving insane that Montreal isn’t like some sort of model that every city tries to aspire to be.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Montreal politics are a dumpster fire though. it's a great city, but no thanks to any mayor in my lifetime.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Are you actually whining about paying taxes on your absurdly easy IT wealth jfc dude

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
I wanna move somewhere better but don't want to pay a higher CoL. What can I do?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

The Clitoris posted:

I wanna move somewhere better but don't want to pay a higher CoL. What can I do?

Move out of toronto

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Arrhythmia posted:

Except you have to be in Quebec

I dunno I spent like 3 days in Toronto and it reminded me a ton of Philly and it looked nicer and cleaner than Chicago or NYC or Boston or Charlotte.

Honesty the only city I’ve ever been to that looked nicer was either Tokyo (literally immaculate) or San Francisco (so much incredible flora in every direction you can’t help but be happy)

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 6, 2020

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Is superstore still sold out of everything? I haven't checked in a while.

There is a T&T nearby, are they doing better?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

How many of y'all are working from home? My company still wants us coming in, even though the building next door that there's foot traffic from all day long is a ghost town. Looking forward to dying of COVID-19 because my employer is cheap.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Methanar posted:

Is superstore still sold out of everything? I haven't checked in a while.

There is a T&T nearby, are they doing better?

T&T in Calgary was business as usual on the weekend, everywhere else was cleared out of really dumb poo poo.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

the corona quid posted:

T&T in Calgary was business as usual on the weekend, everywhere else was cleared out of really dumb poo poo.

Was going to do some baking and butter was cleaned out. :wtc:

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow

subpar anachronism posted:

How many of y'all are working from home? My company still wants us coming in, even though the building next door that there's foot traffic from all day long is a ghost town. Looking forward to dying of COVID-19 because my employer is cheap.
Yeah working from home supporting health care services from my bedroom. It's weird. I'm glad I don't have to take the bus twice a day now and can avoid going out.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

subpar anachronism posted:

Even though I’m a graphic designer, I don’t have access to our files or the right programs to do all my work from home. Instead, my office is cutting all our hours, so I’m down to working 3 days a week!

Coworker who probably just has the flu is going to be tested for the Covid.

I guess I now have the time to play video games.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm stressing out a lot about all this disease poo poo.

Canada closed its borders. Calgary declared emergency. San francisco has a 3 week long shelter in place order that might be upgraded to lockdown. Lots of places are mandating restaurants be closed. Schools are shutdown just indefinitely. And it's only going to get worse for like, weeks to come.

None of this is supposed to affect me at all. I've gone 2 weeks without leaving my house every 2 weeks for years. I have lots of food, I already work from home.

I don't want to keep self-isolating any longer.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

the corona quid posted:

I went to the Walmart at Deerfoot Meadows on Friday afternoon and the pasta, soup and toilet paper aisles were almost completely empty. The chicken cooler was also empty but all of the other meat coolers still had product, I don't know what makes chicken worthy of hoarding.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
When does it stop being asking nicely that people self isolate and avoid unnecessary travel and contact to literally the police driving around and telling you to go home.

Because so far we've gone from 0 to 100 real fuckin quick in the last week.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Methanar posted:

When does it stop being asking nicely that people self isolate and avoid unnecessary travel and contact to literally the police driving around and telling you to go home.

Because so far we've gone from 0 to 100 real fuckin quick in the last week.

The last couple of confirmed cases were from community-level spread. They don't count people who "just have a cold" and continue to go out and spread it to others. Also don't count people who are asymptomatic but still contagious. So people are spreading it to each other as we speak.

The jackboots come out real loving fast and they're hard to take off so stay tuned for what 100 actually looks like. This is kid stuff rn.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If they wanted to contain poo poo jackboots should have been on since day 0

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11183812/coronavirus-france-curfew/

France says we're at war

I guess france already has the 'police telling you to go the gently caress home' stage

quote:

“We can get some fresh air yes, but certainly not play a football match. A control system will be set up by 100,000 police and gendarmes (armed officers).”

Methanar fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 17, 2020

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Looking forward to tanks sitting on highway 2 between edmonton and calgary tomorrow to enforce lockdown.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
jesus dude

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

yeah this isn't good.

I don't want my power to turn off one day and have that be it.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Methanar posted:

yeah this isn't good.

I don't want my power to turn off one day and have that be it.

Get to know your neighbours.

My wife is offering to look after people’s kids in our building since she’s off school (and has a vulnerable sector check and all that) and so are the kids.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm past the meme and understatement stages of crisis. I'm reading stories from Italy and France about their situations and this is going to get so much worse.
It's literal willful ignorance to think it won't by now.

I don't know what to do and panicking.

I'm actually terrified at the idea that one day in the next few weeks if I keep ignoring this situation I'm going to be very suddenly sitting at my desk looking at an unpowered screen and my house will only be getting colder. The music will have stopped with only tinnitus taking it's place.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

MakaVillian posted:

I went to the Walmart at Deerfoot Meadows on Friday afternoon and the pasta, soup and toilet paper aisles were almost completely empty. The chicken cooler was also empty but all of the other meat coolers still had product, I don't know what makes chicken worthy of hoarding.

Costco has the same thing and it was completely loving baffling.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Methanar posted:

I'm past the meme and understatement stages of crisis. I'm reading stories from Italy and France about their situations and this is going to get so much worse.
It's literal willful ignorance to think it won't by now.

I don't know what to do and panicking.

I'm actually terrified at the idea that one day in the next few weeks if I keep ignoring this situation I'm going to be very suddenly sitting at my desk looking at an unpowered screen and my house will only be getting colder. The music will have stopped with only tinnitus taking it's place.

These are sensible measures given the state of the disease. Europe was slow to react but I think we’re right on the curve here and the measures being taken should have an effect if nobody does anything dumb (and honestly I think social conditioning from the hysteria is gonna be the biggest deterrent for this). I honestly think we’ve got a couple of months of this then it’ll be back to normal.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm trying to cook some food to stop reading the news but now I'm hesitating about using too much butter and that I should be rationing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Closing for ops mental health